Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop Windows 10 Up Dates. Every time an up date is done the 4 computers on the network stop seeing or talking to each other, whether it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Auskart, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Auskart Win User

Stop Windows 10 Updates

How do I stop Windows 10 Up Dates.

Every time an up date is done the 4 computers on the network stop seeing or talking to each other, whether it be just RJ45 network or windows workgroup it all stops and you need to spend hours just to get it going again.

:)

Auskart, Aug 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 14, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Stop Windows 10 Updates

That would be because of SMBv1 and the Computer Browser Service that is causing it, not the updates.

bro67, Aug 15, 2017
  5. Auskart Win User
    So if that is the problem, how do I fix it, thanks.

Auskart, Aug 15, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    If that is in fact the cause, you could try removing those components in Programs and Features. Just uncheck them, click OK. I believe it will require a restart.

Stop Windows 10 Updates [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 15, 2017
  7. Auskart Win User
    Thanks, on all computers or just the main one.

Auskart, Aug 15, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Stop Windows 10 Updates

Everywhere on earth. SMB1 and all it's support is being dropped by MS for security reasons in the Fall Creators update due by end of Sept. May as well kill them now, they are going away.

A little info on it...and why MS says get rid of it.

Microsoft Offers More Advice on Disabling Windows SMB 1 -- Redmondmag.com

f14tomcat, Aug 15, 2017
  9. Auskart Win User
    All I want is simple RJ45 to RJ45 and can't seem to get it. tried the above to no effect, thanks.

Auskart, Aug 15, 2017
  10. Auskart Win User
    All I want is simple RJ45 to RJ45 and can't seem to get it. tried the above to no effect, thanks.

Auskart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 Updates

1. Stop Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Stop Updates

2. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  3. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  4. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  5. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  6. A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...

A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...: Some notes:I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a wifi scanner app.After driver has been updated either the update to...
  7. A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A recent update of Intel AX211 driver stopped WiFi 6E from working. How can I roll back...: Some notes:I have 2 PCs with Intel AX211 cards and 1 PC with Intel AX210 card.All 3 used to be able to detect WiFi 6E channels reliably both connecting to WiFi 6E router and displaying channel info using a wifi scanner app.After driver has been updated either the update to...
  8. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  9. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  10. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...