Windows 10: Stop windows 10 updates?

Discus and support Stop windows 10 updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there an easy way to stop specific windows 10 updates. I have the latest Pro version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by peteyt, Sep 13, 2016.

1. peteyt Win User

Stop windows 10 updates?

Hi there

Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there an easy way to stop specific windows 10 updates.

I have the latest Pro version of windows 10 and generally usually don't mind the updates being downloaded automatically. I know you can turn them off automatically with group policies but is there a way to simply stop updates while they are downloading?

Basically my internet is very slow as fibre hasn't reached this area in my city yet, so while I don't mind them downloading automatically usually, sometimes if Im needing to use the internet for something e.g. work related, I find the updates slow everything down. Really what I need is a way to be able to temporarily cancel the updates so I can get my work done and then resume them later.

:)

peteyt, Sep 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Sep 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Stop windows 10 updates?

dalchina, Sep 13, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    The simplest solution for you may be to temporarily disable Windows Update. Go into the Services snap-in and find Windows update, right click and choose properties. Then change startup type to Disabled. You would then want to stop the service if it's not already stopped.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop windows 10 updates?

1. Stop windows 10 updates? - Similar Threads - Stop updates

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  5. Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet just randomyly just stopped working after doing an update: It was just an update since my computer notified me and it was like three updates and before this, my internet was working. So i did the update and after the restart, my computer just stopped working and I was wondering if it was paused so I went to the registry key and...
  6. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  7. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  8. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  10. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...