Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 upgrades

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10, version 1709 and received a update to 1803 and I installed it - big mistake, it killed apps and other things that I want so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rdwray, May 15, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

Stop Windows 10 upgrades

I am running Windows 10, version 1709 and received a update to 1803 and I installed it - big mistake, it killed apps and other things that I want so I rolled back to 1709; the next thing I see is an update to 1803. How to I put a stop to an accidental install of any further upgrades?

I created this registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate"
    Created Double Word "DisableOSUpgrade" and set it to "1". When I rebooted, the update was gone - is this adequate to put a stop to Microsoft?

:)

rdwray, May 15, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User
    How to stop the Windows 10 upgrade notification?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which operating system are you currently using?

• Did you register for Windows 10 upgrade?

If you have registered for a Windows 10 upgrade, you must be getting a notification as to upgrade. This notification is for free upgrade to Windows 10. However if you want to stop this notification, you can follow the methods
    below and check.

Method 1: Uninstall the Windows Update as follow:

Remove the Windows update
    KB 3035583

To remove the Windows 10 notification

• go to
      Control Panel > Programs & Features

• Click “view installed updates” On the top left side

• In the search window (upper right side) paste
      KB3035583

• Right click KB3035583 and click
      uninstall.

• Restart your computer.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: You can hide the Update (KB3035583)

Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now from the link. Refer the link below and follow the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 upgrades

1. Stop Windows 10 upgrades - Similar Threads - Stop upgrades

2. winget upgrade --all stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winget upgrade --all stop working: Hi,I used winget upgrade --all to update all the outdated app for long time, and it was super usefulIt is a few weeks that doing winget upgrade --all has the same output as winget upgrade, so it only shows packages to upgrade, without updating them.How can I troubleshoot it?...
  3. winget upgrade --all stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    winget upgrade --all stop working: Hi,I used winget upgrade --all to update all the outdated app for long time, and it was super usefulIt is a few weeks that doing winget upgrade --all has the same output as winget upgrade, so it only shows packages to upgrade, without updating them.How can I troubleshoot it?...
  4. winget upgrade --all stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  6. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  7. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

8. Im trying upgrade my windows 11 to pro but when i install itll stop and say “Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying upgrade my windows 11 to pro but when i install itll stop and say “Windows...: Ive tried to restart and it'll say that an update is going and not to turn off, but will stay like this for hours with nothing happening. Im currently running 11. I bought it from the microsoft app store on my pc...
  9. Im trying upgrade my windows 11 to pro but when i install itll stop and say “Windows...

Im trying upgrade my windows 11 to pro but when i install itll stop and say “Windows...: Ive tried to restart and it'll say that an update is going and not to turn off, but will stay like this for hours with nothing happening. Im currently running 11. I bought it from the microsoft app store on my pc...
  10. How can I make my computer stop asking to be upgraded to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make my computer stop asking to be upgraded to Windows 11: I don't want Windows 11, but every time I restart my computer I have to manually decline the "upgrade". Is there a way to automatically decline permanently?...