Windows 10: Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender

Discus and support Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I stop windows Defender so I can install Bitdefender 61434 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jerrypc1, Aug 24, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender

How can I stop windows Defender so I can install Bitdefender

:)

jerrypc1, Aug 24, 2016
  2. [RMH] Win User

Removing Bitdefender Free

I had been using Bitdefender Free and decided to go with Windows Defender. I uninstalled Bitdefender through apps and programs, but Win Defender still saw Bitdefender as the default AV and would not load. I went through the Windows 10 registry and deleted
    all instances of bitdefender and the gziface.exe executable, but Win Defender still reports that another AV program is in operation and will not load.

BitDefender is the only AV program ever installed on this computer so I know that is what Win Defender is objecting to.

How can I get all traces of BD off and activate Win Defender?

[RMH], Aug 24, 2016
  3. bitdefender total security 2018 install error

hello...i has installing bitdefender agent in windows 10 (64bit) and appear this text in instllation box Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender :(preparing your bitdefender product)and then be stop continuation installation bitdefender.i has uninstalling all security software and all previous
    bitdefender versions in windows except windows defender. my system has all requirments for installation bitdefender .please help to me for reslove this problem.thank you very much.

XZN401339shogaaldin, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender

Hi:

>>I have never used BD, but....

AFAIK, most (all?) of the major 3rd-party AVs will automatically disable WD when you install them.
    Unless BD specifically advises to manually disable WD first, you ought not to need to do that.

But here is a tutorial:

Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You can always go into the Control Panel afterwards to check that it is off after you install BD.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 24, 2016
  5. roblinb Win User
    Yeah I've installed Mcafee Internet Security 2016, Kapersky Internet Security 2016, Trend Micro Antivirus + Security, and Bitdefender Antivirus plus all on Windows 10 workstations. During each, Defender was disabled and did not interfere.

roblinb, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Man, you sure used lots of paid antivirus.

RubberDucky, Aug 24, 2016
  7. roblinb Win User
    I didn't pay for any of those licenses. These were all work computers.

roblinb, Aug 24, 2016
  8. Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender

You should also disable WD's services to ensure no interference. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sense" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WdFilter" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WdNisSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinDefend" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f

TairikuOkami, Aug 24, 2016
  9. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks to you all I finally got Bit defender Installed and windows defender is off. Thanks again Jerry *Smile

jerrypc1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender

1. Stop windows defender so I can install bitdefender - Similar Threads - Stop defender install

2. How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?: I have done some research but i cant find how to stop these false positives there names are win32/hive.zy.So if someone would please help me than i would appreciate it....
  3. bitdefender install error

bitdefender install error: once I have downloaded the installer and the whole download is complete it says cannot copy installerinstall error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender-install-error/fae2a092-e833-41b3-a062-06c9460b687a
  4. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  5. Installing Windows 2010 so I can install Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 2010 so I can install Office: My laptop died. I had it repaired and Windows 7 was gone. I purchased Office to install but needed Windows 2010. I bought Windows 2010 online but can’t install it. It keeps saying some components are missing. The repair person installed LibreOffice but it is deleting some...
  6. Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time

Bitdefender and Windows Defender both active at the same time: I have Win 10 Pro x64. I recently upgraded from Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 to Bitdefender Total Security 2016. With both versions, I notice that whether booting cold or a restart, sometimes Windows Defender is active (can be accessed thru the Control Panel icon and...
  7. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927
  8. Windows Defender... or should I renew Bitdefender?

Windows Defender... or should I renew Bitdefender?: I see the last thread on Windows Defender went off topic very quickly. I have have had paid-for Bitdefender installed for a couple of years and it is up for renewal soon. I have been wondering if Windows Defender would be an adequate substitute. It's not a matter of cost just...
  9. How can I completely stop Windows Defender?

How can I completely stop Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender shut off, but it seems to still want to run. I keep getting a pop up from my WinPatrol program that WD wants to run at startup. I click the reject button but it keeps coming back. I fear it could be interfering with Macrium Reflect somehow because...
  10. Bitdefender Install Borked It???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitdefender Install Borked It???: I've been getting BSOD's periodically ever since installing a trial version of Bit Defender last Sunday. Going back with a pre-install restore point did not help. Tried that again today, but the restore failed and all the restore point files were gone after reboot. I've also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install bitdefender on windows phone