Windows 10: Stop Windows from changing my drivers

Discus and support Stop Windows from changing my drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day all, Yesterday and today, I am having a issue with Windows changing my display driver. I installed it from HP and then AMD had an update, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kaltland, Nov 22, 2017.

1. kaltland Win User

Stop Windows from changing my drivers

Good day all,
    Yesterday and today, I am having a issue with Windows changing my display driver. I installed it from HP and then AMD had an update, so I downloaded it. All went well until Windows decided they did not like it and changed it back. So, I did it again and again, etc. I have, do not download driver marked "NO", verified it in the registry that it is in fact says "0". I then went into Show or Hide Update and told it to hide it but it still changes it. Last resort was to change the Wi-Fi settings to metered but it still changed it and it also, unchecked metered settings.

Anybody, have any other ideas to stop this madness. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

kaltland, Nov 22, 2017

2. How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my directory view settings?

Thank you for the update. In this case, we also suggest that you also share us your feedback.This idea will be helpful in most of our users, therefore you may share all of your suggestions
    through this link. This page is where our developers get ideas in order to improve our services through
    the upcoming updates.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 22, 2017
  3. SPainter Win User
    how to stop windows from constantly changing my settings

Me Too

To summarize

1. I want automatic updates

2. I do not want ANY settings changed (word, excel, outlook, windows)

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

SPainter, Nov 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  5. kaltland Win User
    Thank you for your reply,
    option 1 - my version of windows does not have this option - see screenshot
    option 2 - updated registry - this is the setting I had changed
    reg add “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching” /v “SearchOrderConfig” /t REG_DWORD /d “0” /f
    0 = off
    1 = on
    option 3 - windows home - no group policy
    option 4 - updated registry.

Well, while I was typing this message, the driver was changed again. So will update it again and see if the above settings work. fingers crossed.

kaltland, Nov 22, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    If possible please post an image of what is displayed on the computer to see the comparison.

In the left lower corner search type: winver
    Post an image into the thread.

If it's not Windows Pro the registry change may work.

Open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand display adapter > right click on the device > left click on properties > left click on the driver tab > check to see whether you do or don't have the option to click on roll back. If you have the option to click on roll back > click on roll back. Report into the thread whether it remains or does not remain as a rolled back driver.

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  7. kaltland Win User
    Thanks, so far it has not changed back.

Here is a screen shot of my options, guess if I would sign in, the option would appear. I chose to not do this.

Yes, I do the roll back and provide reason for why but it still kept changing the driver.
    Stop Windows from changing my drivers [​IMG]

Thanks and have a nice day.

kaltland, Nov 22, 2017
  8. kaltland Win User

It lasted longer than before but Windows updated my display driver again. I just don't know why it keeps doing this. Registry keys all show OFF.

kaltland, Nov 27, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    @zbook......that link you have for that tutorial is outdated. In 1703 and 1709 the advanced options area is not like the tutorial. That part has been omitted....why, well we can only surmise as it's just one more thing taken out of our hands.

Plankton, Nov 27, 2017
  10. I have had this issue and eventually I got remote help from Microsoft free of charge. It has been explained to me that in the case of ATI they are not supporting the latest build of Windows 10 for older display cards. My HP Compaq has an ATI Radeon 3000 card which works perfectly well and suits my normal computing needs but its an old card. The lady from Microsoft stopped my PC from downloading the latest build update, well the driver part of it, and rolled back my driver to an earlier version.

I tried four times to do this myself and got into a real mess and eventually I rolled back the build to an earlier version of Windows 10 but that would not have stopped the download apparently.
    So far, after 5 days of waiting. ATI have not got back to me on an appropriate replacement which is only important if I want the latest updates and build. Current up to date versions of Windows 10 do not apparently allow any control over what is and what is not downloaded however there is a tool on the Microsoft site which can help but I couldnt get it to work

JohnEdgington, Nov 27, 2017
  11. muchomurka, Nov 27, 2017
  12. kaltland Win User
    Thanks muchomurka, I already have that bookmarked on my desktop and have hidden the updates but it does not work. It still installs whatever driver it wants.

kaltland, Nov 28, 2017
  13. TrustMe Win User

Give Windows Update MiniTool a try. It will block updates.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta..._minitool.html

The only problem with blocking updates with a tool like this is, the next time AMD comes out with a new driver, you will have to block that one too. It would be best if you could find a way to block them from within Windows.

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop Windows from changing my drivers - Similar Threads - Stop changing drivers

2. Stop Windows OS from Changing My Default Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows OS from Changing My Default Printer: Hello,This problem has been bugging me for a while.My Default Printer changes about once or twice a month, seems like it's after a Windows Update.I would like to prohibit any automated changes to my default printer "." PERIOD! Is there a way to hard code in only allowing...
  3. Stop Windows OS from Changing My Default Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows OS from Changing My Default Printer: Hello,This problem has been bugging me for a while.My Default Printer changes about once or twice a month, seems like it's after a Windows Update.I would like to prohibit any automated changes to my default printer "." PERIOD! Is there a way to hard code in only allowing...
  4. how to stop window form changing my sound drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop window form changing my sound drivers: Ever time my computer go to sleep and loads it change my sound drivers to realtec from intel realtec drivers do not work!!!!!!!! so I go and uninstall all sound drivers and reboot to get intel drivers load A real pain in _______?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. stop microsoft from changing my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    stop microsoft from changing my computer: how do I stop microsoft from changing my computer? I started with a win7 computer, they auto updated me to win 10. I tried to reset back to win7 but they somehow changed my reset partition as well so the best I could do was an older version of win10. I could do everything...
  6. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  7. How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?: Hi, I have a Asus UX433FN and the generic audio driver from windows update is bad and I don't want it. I blocked the automatic driver download both in the settings and in the registry to stop windows update from screwing my driver. I found a realtek audio driver online...
  8. Stop windows from changing my display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Stop windows from changing my display settings: I am using Portraits Inc HP My Display to set my brightness, contrast , and color ( warm or cool) as recommended by HP Support . The computer is HP Envy Recline 23-k011. However the settings do not always hold after a shutdown and reboot . It reverts back to 100% brightness...
  9. How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!: Greetings all, Windows 10 Ver 1607 OS Build 14393.693 Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll decide when I want to update my video driver, thank you! I've rolled back the driver, but, inevitably, Windows will update...
  10. Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to stop Windows from changing the height of my TaskBar: I keep my Taskbar as high as it will go. However, Windows constantly reduces its' height. Is there a way to keep the height I want it at? Thank you. 104127