Windows 10: Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen

Discus and support Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi 10forums, I've been finding this hard to describe and search for so I'm just going to upload a .gif to illustrate my problem. [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadewing, May 25, 2016.

1. Shadewing Win User

Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen

Hi 10forums,

I've been finding this hard to describe and search for so I'm just going to upload a .gif to illustrate my problem.

Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen [​IMG]

I want to stop the window moving back onto the screen when the mouse is against the screen edge. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or even just what the 'feature' is called in Windows?

Much thanks

EDIT: Disabling Aero Snap will not stop this behavior.

:)

Shadewing, May 25, 2016

2. Mouse hangs when moving the cursor around the screen, touchscreen doesn't work, keyboard response is slow

Hi Michael,

Issues like this are usually due to faulty drivers. To verify this, kindly start your PC in safe mode and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to do so, you may refer to
    this article. Also, let us know how you updated the display driver.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, May 25, 2016
  3. Mouse hangs when moving the cursor around the screen, touchscreen doesn't work, keyboard response is slow

Windows depends on the drivers' respective manufacturers. If an incompatibility occurs, I always suggest to download and install drivers from the manufacturer's website. If doing so to resolve the hardware issues don't work, you may need to get in touch
    with the device manufacturer.

Patricia Yu, May 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

bro67, May 25, 2016
  5. Shadewing Win User
    Hi bro67,

Thanks for the quick reply but I have already tried disabling Snap (I should have mentioned that in the OP, sorry), it doesn't fix the problem.

Shadewing, May 25, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    Mind boggling my Aero snap is all activated no issues. Maybe it is the many things in the notification area to the right and being extended. I never seen notification area like that or used it like that.

jds63, May 25, 2016
  7. Shadewing Win User
    Hi jds63,

Unfortunately not the issue, it happens on all four edges and with the taskbar in any position.

As to the position of the taskbar, I've put it in the right or left of the screen since Windows 98, depends on where the monitor is sitting on my desk as to which side. Also, with the taskbar on the side and expanded slightly like I have it you get time, day of the week and the full date displayed instead of just the time; works for me.

Shadewing, May 25, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Touchpad/Mouse settings is the next thing to look at.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Oh, o.k. i was not sure it did not look like the whole taskbar.

jds63, May 25, 2016
  10. Shadewing Win User
    OK, I've checked them in passing before but I just did a thorough check of the settings I could find under Settings -> Devices -> Mouse & Touchpad including the 'Additional Mouse Options'

Also thought to look in the Lenovo stuff that came with the laptop drivers, I couldn't find anything that stopped this.

I also tried closing Mouse Without Borders, didn't help.

I just tried replicating this on a colleagues Windows 10 computer but it didn't do it, so I may have been coming at this all wrong. Well I'll keep searching and any insight anyone has will be very welcome.

Shadewing, May 25, 2016
  11. Shadewing Win User
    Right, solved. Turns out it's a "lesser known" Lenovo tool called AutoScroll. Uninstalled, restarted and no more problem.

Shadewing, May 25, 2016
  12. jds63 Win User
    Glad you fixed it, when i took another look after Bro said mouse settings the first thing that came to mind was scrolling, that is what it was looking like.

Since you are kind of new here try filling in your system specs more, change PC/Desktop to Laptop.

jds63, May 25, 2016
  13. Shadewing Win User

Yeah, that was what prompted me to look further than Windows for the problem.

As to the specs, which should I use? I have 2 laptops, 3 desktops and 2 servers with various OS's installed, dual and tri' boot in some cases and I use them all fairly interchangeably. 2 of them are Windows 10, 1 desktop and 1 laptop. That's why I stopped filling out the form, i wasn't sure what to put down.

Shadewing, May 25, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    Always look at the full package when these oddities pop up. It is good if you can write something up for the tutorials, regarding this third party software causing that problem. Brink may add it to the existing tutorial that I linked, so that anyone that comes across it, would easily find it tagged as Lenovo.

Also you may want to tag your post for the Manufacturer and tool that caused it. It will come up on web searches before the Lenovo or other forums that normally push to the top of searches.

bro67, May 25, 2016
  15. jds63 Win User
    Well then i suggest when posting an issue for whichever system has the issue then list those specs. What you fill in now i can not say i guess one you use the most if you want then, up to you.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop windows moving when moving the mouse to the edge of the sceen - Similar Threads - Stop moving moving

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC lags when moving mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lags when moving mouse: HelloI have this really annoying issue The issue is this : when moving my mouse , my PC lags , the cursor will jump around rather than move fluidly across the screen . If a video is playing , the audio will make annoying screeching sounds and and the video will chopI've tried...
  6. mouse not smooth, starts and stops when moving, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse not smooth, starts and stops when moving, windows 10: Good morning. I have an issue with the wired mouse when I move it then it will freeze for a second and then move again. Also videos skip every few seconds. I have tried updateing the drivers for the mouse and video card AMD and it did not fix. Also have uninstalled...
  7. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  8. When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge: I seem to have missed the boat here*Tongue but I don't know when things developed in Edge Dev are moved to Edge? Possibly I can just use Edge Dev and eventually it becomes Edge. I have a bit of a problem using Flash in Dev where I don't in Edge. At any rate both of them have...
  9. mouse not moving when key pressed

mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  10. Moving mouse .

Moving mouse .: Moving mouse from one window to another automatically opens the other window without clicking on it. How do I stop this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-mouse/3dbb97cb-9ab4-4921-8cf5-234a2e88ece5