Windows 10: Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?

Discus and support Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop the alerts from Windows Defender that uselessly tell me it found nothing? If there's no problem, I don't need or want to hear... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Galane, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Galane Win User

Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing?

Is there a way to stop the alerts from Windows Defender that uselessly tell me it found nothing? If there's no problem, I don't need or want to hear about it.

Just tell me if/when it finds something suspicious, then I'll deal with it. Otherwise STHU!

:)

Galane, Jul 21, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User

windows defender keeps telling me that it is removing a malware but when scanned it tells me that nothing is on my computerl. and it won't turn off.

This may be a detection in your browser and the malware is being blocked by the browser software.

Any new browser extensions that need to be disabled/removed?

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Try emptying temporary internet files, restarting the computer, manually updating WD and running a Quick Scan.

For issues with Google Chrome see How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome,
    and How to reset Google Chrome settings. You may want to use Remove unwanted ads, pop-ups & malware - Computer - Google Chrome Help

If the issue continues try the following free scanners:

AdwCleaner: AdwCleaner

Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Other scanners that may help with this issue are listed in List
    of Malware Removal Tools

You may need to reset your browsers.

How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)

How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Jul 21, 2017
  3. windows defender keeps telling me that it is removing a malware but when scanned it tells me that nothing is on my computerl. and it won't turn off.

windows defender keeps telling me that it is removing a malware but when scanned it tells me that nothing is on my computer. and it won't turn off.

MichaelKorth, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey Galane,
    Windows Defender Security Center > Settings (cog in lower left) > Receive Recent Activity and Scan Results

Eagle51, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Galane Win User
    That looks like it disables *all* notices. I only want to disable the pointless "All is well!" alerts. No news is good news is what I like.

I've found that antivirus/malware software often tends to nuke various completely harmless utilities and things like demos.

I gave up on Avast because that company would not learn from their mistakes on false positives. It repeatedly kept deleting various demos from farbrausch and other groups.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stopping Defender from telling me it found nothing? - Similar Threads - Stopping Defender telling

2. Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games: Hifor the last few weeks windows defender has been stopping me from running games that I have had installed for years and worked perfectly.the error that it's picking up is that steam_api.dll is a virus. the thing is that while this is a cracked file I've been using it for...
  3. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  4. Stop me from wasting time on defender offline

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop me from wasting time on defender offline: Hi. Specs are asus core i7 premium laptop only around 10 years old. Was win7 pro. Upgraded to win 10 home about a year and and half ago. My mission was to eventually eliminate any issues left over after the original upgrade. And probably I chased some ghosts and caused some...
  5. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wchris63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyltu2/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_stop_this/
  6. Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender stopping me from ejecting harddrive: After uninstalling Norton as it came preinstalled after on my computer I started to experience an issue, whenever I would try to eject my hard drive I would get an error, after looking in event viewer I saw an error talking about how msmpeng.exe was stopping it from ejecting....
  7. How do I make Windows Defender stop telling me that nothing is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make Windows Defender stop telling me that nothing is wrong: The way Defender keeps on demanding attention only to tell me it found no problems is irritating. I want it to shut up until something actually does need attention. submitted by /u/Roger-the-Dodger-67 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows defender tells me nothing. How do I see what it's detecting?

Windows defender tells me nothing. How do I see what it's detecting?: So I am copying a bunch of files from an old computer to my new laptop. Windows Defender pops up saying "Potentially Harmful Software Detected, Click here for more Details" I click it. And see nothing. Just the main interface with all the usual buttons. I go...
  10. Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I stop windows notifications from telling me to restart?: Just a simple question; a quick search did not yield an answer, but if it has already been answered elsewhere I'll happily find that thread instead. Is there a way to stop Windows Action Center from telling me that I need to restart to apply updates? I've already found a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop windows defender telling me to scan