Windows 10: Storage FULL??? Help!

Discus and support Storage FULL??? Help! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My storage on my Surface Pro 4 seems to have all of a sudden become full (237GB). I have deleted every program except for Microsoft Office & tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FinsUp, Aug 2, 2017.

1. FinsUp Win User

Storage FULL??? Help!

My storage on my Surface Pro 4 seems to have all of a sudden become full (237GB).
    I have deleted every program except for Microsoft Office & tools and it is still full!

I have run the disk tool to optimize, I have run CCleaner, I have run a program from the Microsoft store to look for duplicate files....nothing....any ideas or help would be AWESOME! Doesn't make any sense to all of a sudden be full!

I saw on another post something about "Windows Image Backup"....how do I look for that, and if found, how can I delete it??

I have added a 64GB micro SD also.
    Thanks in advance for any help!!

:)

FinsUp, Aug 2, 2017

2. help on storage

I am using Microsoft Lumia 535 dual and i am also using the sd which has the capability of 16 gb and I want to expand the storage by using the sd card of 64 GB how can I expand the storage and how I can copy the apps which are in the 16 gb sd card to the
    new sd card of 64 gb and what is the process to do this ....... Please help m on this ....

vinayranjan, Aug 2, 2017
  3. help please

Mah phone storage and sd card storage is not showing in laptop,,,,im using Lumia 525

amiteshsourav, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Storage FULL??? Help!

it could have hidden files or maybe you have a backup that its not visible taking up space

crabhammer, Aug 2, 2017
  5. FinsUp Win User
    is there a way to look for these hidden files or a back up so I can delete it??

FinsUp, Aug 2, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    A drive just doesn`t become all of a sudden full, you must have done something to take up the space.

Control Panel>File Explorer Options

AddRAM, Aug 2, 2017
  7. FinsUp Win User
    crabhammer - I have looked, and there is no windows back up files.
    AddRAM - I realize that a drive doesn't "all of a sudden" become full, it was just a figure of speech, that it seemed to "all of a sudden" start being a problem....and doesn't change with the deletion of everything I had on it for more than a year, except for Microsoft Office.
    I found what you pointed out, and it is marked to show hidden files.

Is there anything else I can try to look at??

Thanks for your help!!*Smile

FinsUp, Aug 2, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

Storage FULL??? Help!

Install Treesize free. It will show you where went your space ... Windows has something similar, but not so powerful.

After install, right click on drive and select Treesize...

Storage FULL??? Help! [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 2, 2017
  9. FinsUp Win User
    this is the results of the Treesize free...
    Trend Micro is the app from Geek Squad when I bought my SP4, I recently renewed subscription....does it make a copy of the drive??

FinsUp, Aug 2, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Dig into its folder and find out *Smile Think you have a culprit

Stop Trend Micro, uninstall it, delete folder and if you want... reinstall again.

AndreTen, Aug 3, 2017
  11. FinsUp Win User
    Thanks AndreTen....That's what I'm going to try!!!*Biggrin

FinsUp, Aug 3, 2017
  12. AndreTen Win User
    @FinsUp how are things? Can you tell what files were filling up the disk in Trend Micro's folder?

And, if everything is OK, you can mark thread as solved *Smile

AndreTen, Aug 8, 2017
  13. FinsUp Win User

Storage FULL??? Help!

AndreTen,
    I do not know exactly what files were filling up...I did an uninstall and reinstall and it cleared my drive...I now have 203GB avail. of 237GB. I am now keeping an eye on the Trend Micro to see if it starts filling up again!
    Thanks for your help in clearing this up...was driving me crazy!!*What

FinsUp, Aug 8, 2017
  14. AndreTen Win User
    OK, thanks for reporting back and marked thread as solved. May give a clue to some other user in the future *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage FULL??? Help!

1. Storage FULL??? Help! - Similar Threads - Storage FULL Help

2. Storage mailbox full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage mailbox full: I can’t receive and send emails on my outlook Hotmail account I have deleted over 1000 inbox emails and 500 cents emails and it’s still saying it’s full I need someone to help please...
  3. storage full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage full: My installed apps are taking up 422 GB of space which seems impossible. When i pull up all the apps, the values don't seem to be adding up. What am i missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-full/e9c7fe73-18ec-4409-975c-394603191306
  4. storage full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage full: My installed apps are taking up 422 GB of space which seems impossible. When i pull up all the apps, the values don't seem to be adding up. What am i missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-full/e9c7fe73-18ec-4409-975c-394603191306
  5. storage is full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage is full: I got a 256 GB internal storage and I dont have any application installed. I just got this laptop for emails however my storage almost in full and I dont know why since I check in control panel I dont have any big application installed....
  6. storage is full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage is full: I got a 256 GB internal storage and I dont have any application installed. I just got this laptop for emails however my storage almost in full and I dont know why since I check in control panel I dont have any big application installed....
  7. storage is full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. OneDrive storage is full

OneDrive storage is full: Purchased a 100 GB storage plan earlier today. While attempting to transfer approx 50GB of photos to OneDrive I am being notified that OneDrive is full. Being asked to get more storage or delete some files. ***Original Title: Erroneous message that OneDrive is full***...
  9. storage full

storage full: hey, i have windows 10 on my dell laptop it has around 237 gb storage space on its disc but only around 4 gb is available i barely have downloaded anything i have fortnite which is around 50 gb and a couple other small apps which arent even a gb, my question is why is it...
  10. Storage full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage full: I have 128G drive. The biggest culprit is onedrive whuch in settings it says I have 43.7 gig on onedrive. Why is onedrive taking up storage when it is on the cloud?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-full/e61da861-5016-4473-b1b8-f872fdf6c3f2