Windows 10: storage location for modern/metro apps

Discus and support storage location for modern/metro apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shmu26, Jul 28, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

storage location for modern/metro apps

where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called?

:)

shmu26, Jul 28, 2015

2. Microsoft Store. How to change the apps storage location?

Hi,

Please be informed that for the default metro apps downloaded , it is not possible to change the storage location.

Hope it helps.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 28, 2015
  3. cyborg5 Win User
    Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Is this free Outlook a desktop app or a modern "Metro" style app? I never use the modern apps unless I absolutely have to and so far I've never had to except for some system settings.

cyborg5, Jul 28, 2015
  4. shmu26 Win User

okay, got it: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

shmu26, Jul 28, 2015
  5. I cant access it, I dont have permission. Funny thing is, I own this PC, why wouldnt I have permission.

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  6. shmu26 Win User
    these are super-protected folders. they are owned by "trusted installer"
    go into advanced permissions, then ownership, use advanced tab and find your user identity, take ownership of the folder and all sub-folders, and then afterwards windows will grant you permission if you ask nicely

shmu26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. storage location for modern/metro apps - Similar Threads - storage location modern

2. "Web Camera" app storage location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Web Camera" app storage location: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going over the same ground with this question! At present, all my videos and photos taken with my "Web Camera" app are saved to the "new" Photo app which I am pleased with If I wasn't using this app the only other place they are...
  3. "Web Camera" app storage location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Web Camera" app storage location: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going over the same ground with this question! At present, all my videos and photos taken with my "Web Camera" app are saved to the "new" Photo app which I am pleased with If I wasn't using this app the only other place they are...
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. Windows Store App Storage Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store App Storage Location: I would wish to move the storage of my windows apps into a subdirectory on an external storage device. I'm aware that I can put windows apps on an external drive, but it gives me no option to set a subdirectory so that My drive doesn't have 3-4 different folders just so I can...
  6. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  7. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  8. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10: I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro...
  9. Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10: Hi there Some of you might want to put some metro apps as short cuts on the desktop without having to use tiles etc. You can also create LINKS and save these on a custom toolbar if you want. 1) run the following command : explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder 2) when the...
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...