Windows 10: Storage: OS and local drive

Discus and support Storage: OS and local drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JungleGrandma, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Storage: OS and local drive

My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage left on this computer so how do I use some of those 848 GB's?

:)

JungleGrandma, Jul 17, 2018
  2. little cat, Jul 17, 2018
  3. techguy31 Win User
    64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jul 17, 2018
  4. 333t Win User

Storage: OS and local drive

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

Thema:

Storage: OS and local drive

1. Storage: OS and local drive - Similar Threads - Storage local drive

2. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing: My Local Disk "C" Storage is decreasing EVERYDAY. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB free of 172 GB and today it's 76.4 GB free of 172 GB it's happening everyday.I'm doing Disk Cleanup and maintaining the space. On the first day of Disk Cleanup it showed 6GB to clean and the next day,...
  3. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing: My Local Disk "C" Storage is decreasing EVERYDAY. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB free of 172 GB and today it's 76.4 GB free of 172 GB it's happening everyday.I'm doing Disk Cleanup and maintaining the space. On the first day of Disk Cleanup it showed 6GB to clean and the next day,...
  4. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Flash Drive Files and Local Storage

USB Flash Drive Files and Local Storage: I have a question. If I open a text file .txt on a USB drive, does a copy of that file get stored on my local computer Drive C? If so, what is the storage path?...
  6. Both OS Drive & HDD storage occupy Local Disk C

Both OS Drive & HDD storage occupy Local Disk C: This is my first PC build, I built it with some advice from a friend & I've been using it for a few years now. I used a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB as the OS drive & a HDD with 2TB for storage. The PC itself works fine, but I've always thought the boot speeds were a bit slow,...
  7. One Drive Storage after OS failure

One Drive Storage after OS failure: Our PC was reset to factory setting recently due to the OS failure. We have Windows 10. Can I restore the documents in One Drive to the main documents folders on the PC easily ? Editing in One Drive seems rather more difficult. Perhaps someone could direct me to a tutorial ?...
  8. Azure Storage disables local network drives

Azure Storage disables local network drives: I have been experimenting with setting up our network storage on Azure. So I created a storage account, file and mapped a local drive to that folder. However that disabled all my local domain network drives and i cannot figure out what the connect PS script changed here that...
  9. Storage Sense only working on OS drive

Storage Sense only working on OS drive: I have 2 SSD drives connected via SATA cable to the motherboard. Both are detected as internal drives. On storage sense I activated the option to delete files on the recycle bin that are older than 30 days. Storage sense is only deleting files on the recycle bin of the OS...
  10. Storage spaces - My OS drive failed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces - My OS drive failed.: I have a small PC with 3 hard drives, 1 is the OS drive and the other 2 are in a drive pool using Storage Spaces. Now my OS drive has failed and my Macrium backup files are in the Drive Pool. I have a new drive for my OS. What is my best course of action? *cry 60329