Windows 10: Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Storage Sense Not Working Correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it. I've prepared a .GIF image,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Hi there,
    I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.
    I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage.

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly [​IMG]

If you were able to view the image above.
    As you can see, there are no drives showing and I also can't turn this feature on.
    I did have it enabled prior to the most recent windows update.

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly [​IMG]

I can't remember the last time I used this feature.
    However, it was working in the past, but now it doesn't seem to function like it use to.*cry

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and or how I might go about correcting this issue,
    would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks.

:)

Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018
  2. hpholm Win User

weather app does not working on lockscreen.

Some apps will not work correctly when installed on SD memory card, sadly.

Move the Weather app to phone memory (in Storage Sense) and it should work?

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 24, 2018
  3. storage sense not working

Hi VikramVarute !

First of all try put it in to another device and check if the Memory Card is working.If it is Format it reinsert to your mobile and check.Since some Memory cards are not supported
    by Nokia/Microsoft Mobiles please make sure that it is supported and has a genuine quality.

Hope this Helps!

Buwaneka De Silva, Mar 24, 2018
  4. Geosammy Win User

The Storage Service was disabled.
    By enabling this service, the Storage Sense feature now works as intended.
    Why this service was disabled seems odd to me?

Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Storage Sense Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Storage Sense Working

2. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  3. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  4. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/41d260f8-9231-4d50-a64d-c99e924ab100
  6. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage senses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage senses: I'm trying to configure my storage senses, but it's telling my administrator has it blocked. My account is the administrator and I don't know how to enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-senses/bca54aa3-691a-45ad-90cd-529f45a20bff
  8. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  9. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  10. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense: I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else but this is really great for me. Now I can easily see exactly what's taking up space without resorting to a 3rd part app. 2906

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage sense not working