Windows 10: Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Discus and support Storage Sense Not Working Correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it. I've prepared a .GIF image,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Geosammy Win User

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly

Hi there,
    I'm having an issue with the Storage Sense feature and can't seem to figure out what might be causing it.
    I've prepared a .GIF image, showing what I encounter when I go to, Settings> System> Storage.

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly [​IMG]

If you were able to view the image above.
    As you can see, there are no drives showing and I also can't turn this feature on.
    I did have it enabled prior to the most recent windows update.

Storage Sense Not Working Correctly [​IMG]

I can't remember the last time I used this feature.
    However, it was working in the past, but now it doesn't seem to function like it use to.*cry

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and or how I might go about correcting this issue,
    would be greatly appreciated.

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks.

:)

Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018
  2. hpholm Win User

weather app does not working on lockscreen.

Some apps will not work correctly when installed on SD memory card, sadly.

Move the Weather app to phone memory (in Storage Sense) and it should work?

--

Hans

hpholm, Mar 24, 2018
  3. storage sense not working

Hi VikramVarute !

First of all try put it in to another device and check if the Memory Card is working.If it is Format it reinsert to your mobile and check.Since some Memory cards are not supported
    by Nokia/Microsoft Mobiles please make sure that it is supported and has a genuine quality.

Hope this Helps!

Buwaneka De Silva, Mar 24, 2018
  4. Geosammy Win User

The Storage Service was disabled.
    By enabling this service, the Storage Sense feature now works as intended.
    Why this service was disabled seems odd to me?

Geosammy, Mar 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Storage Sense Not Working Correctly - Similar Threads - Storage Sense Working

2. Storage sense ON is the devil?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage sense ON is the devil?: Hello, I wonder what do you think about cleaning junk and old files using storage sense, it is good or it is a mess? *Devil could it replace CCleaner? Thanks Came 133734
  3. Storage sense ON is the devil?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage sense ON is the devil?: Hello, I wonder what do you think about cleaning junk and old files using storage sense, it is good or it is a mess? *Devil could it replace CCleaner? Thanks Came 133734
  4. Storage Sense - When the

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense - When the: locally available cloud content is set to become online-only after 14 days. Will it run to clear space when the user login or even with user not logged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense-when-the/580a4958-46b0-4f9c-8a17-f4ac5e8a6868"
  5. Storage Sense

Storage Sense: Hello Microsoft Community, I enabled Storage Sense on my Windows 10 PC to automatically free up space on my computer. However, I just got a notification that Storage Sense needs to be enabled by "removing unused cloud-backed content on your PC", but Storage Sense is already...
  6. Enable Storage Sense

Enable Storage Sense: Hello, How do I enable Storage Sense in Windows 10 and what kind of files does it remove? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-storage-sense/7fd6c6f7-5e6d-469c-848e-418f831f51f3"
  7. Storage Sense only working on OS drive

Storage Sense only working on OS drive: I have 2 SSD drives connected via SATA cable to the motherboard. Both are detected as internal drives. On storage sense I activated the option to delete files on the recycle bin that are older than 30 days. Storage sense is only deleting files on the recycle bin of the OS...
  8. Storage Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense in Windows 10: Hi, I need some knowledge about new Storage Sense feature in windows 10 creator's update, like how does it invokes cleanmgr.exe and arguments it passes to invoke cleanmgr.exe. I couldn't find any documentation regarding this . Also , what application is invoked...
  9. Amount of storage and Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amount of storage and Storage Sense: I'm running version 1803 in Windows 10. I have 775 GB free and 144 GB being used. Several times a day I get a notification that Storage Sense wants to free up space as I'm running low. Every time I allow it to "clean up" my computer it tells me it couldn't free up any...
  10. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense: I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else but this is really great for me. Now I can easily see exactly what's taking up space without resorting to a 3rd part app. 2906

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage sense not working