Windows 10: Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall

Discus and support Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Trying to clean up some space on my drive, I find that Brother is using 24.1 GB of space. However the options for Modify and Uninstall are grayed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by soyelmocano, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall

Trying to clean up some space on my drive, I find that Brother is using 24.1 GB of space. However the options for Modify and Uninstall are grayed out. I once had a Brother printer that we used long ago. I found the related folders, but they were small. Brother does not show in Programs and Features. Tried looking with Revo Uninstaller as well. Searched for Brother with Regedit. No loose change of 24GB floating around.

How do I find and delete this to make this usable space again?

Attaching snip of Storage App to show usage.

Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries.  Can't uninstall [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

soyelmocano, Nov 7, 2016

2. Windows 10 Memory Leak problem.

I'm having the same problem and it just started about 2 weeks ago. After a fresh restart, I'm using 3.1Gb of 24Gb. An hour later, I'm up to 8Gb usage. 3-4 hours later, I'm locking up with 24Gb of 24Gb used. I can't leave my computer on for more than
    a few hours without the system slowing/crashing and Task Manager isn't showing me what's using all the memory???

Fidelity101, Nov 7, 2016
  3. File Showing up in storage usage and control panel, but no where else

A game that I used to play shows up in Settings under Storage Usage and in control panel as taking up a lot of space, but I can't find the actual files anywhere. When I try to uninstall, the game uninstaller comes up, but gets an error. I have searched
    for the actual files by name, size and date but without luck. I went though the Registry Editor to find the file location and it's listed as being a folder in C:\Program Files (x86), which it's not. I want to uninstall the game if it actually exists, so how
    do I either find the files to delete, or get them to stop showing up on my storage usage if it's not actually on my computer?

JoshOrtega, Nov 7, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall

Check for a folder in Programs Files(x86).

CountMike, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Thanks for the response.

I have checked Programs and Programs (x86). I have also looked at the folder Control Center where scans were stored. Still had a couple of scans there, but nothing the size of a deep space Hubble scan to justify 24GB.

soyelmocano, Nov 9, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Why don't you try with something like this: Download TreeSize Free - MajorGeeks to see where those files may be.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall

1. Storage shows 24GB usage from Brother Industries. Can't uninstall - Similar Threads - Storage shows 24GB

2. Storage show less after uninstalling products

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage show less after uninstalling products: Hello,To whom it may concern, at first i installed Photoshop and Premier Pro, before installing my Drive showed 250gb available space, after installing the storage reduced to its required space then noticing some problems I uninstalled softwares both. After uninstalling the...
  3. Storage show less after uninstalling products

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage show less after uninstalling products: Hello,To whom it may concern, at first i installed Photoshop and Premier Pro, before installing my Drive showed 250gb available space, after installing the storage reduced to its required space then noticing some problems I uninstalled softwares both. After uninstalling the...
  4. Windows showing incorrect storage usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows showing incorrect storage usage: My valorant app in control panel programs shows it uses 2.74terabytes of storage usage but my pc only has 500+ gb storage I dont know how to fix this...
  5. Showing Incorrect Storage Usage

Showing Incorrect Storage Usage: When I go to storage settings, it says that Valorant takes up 328GB of storage, which it obviously doesn't, it takes up around 10GB of storage. Also, I tried to uninstall Valorant to see if the '328GB' is gone, but when it said 'Valorant has been uninstalled" my PC crashes...
  6. One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage

One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage: My One Drive Folder is empty except for the shortcut Amarnath's Notebook in the Document Folder. Yet the One Drive is showing 2 gigabytes used storage out of the 5 gigabytes free storage. Why so?...
  7. My brother uninstalled CMD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My brother uninstalled CMD?: My question is serious!!! My brother told me that he uninstalled it as a joke. Anyway, I can't find it anymore. He probably does this because I often prank him on his pc with cmd pranks that I prepare on mine. (I will never do that again after this) Where can I...
  8. Inexplicable Storage usage

Inexplicable Storage usage: I noticed that my 1TB HDD was becoming alarmingly filled up. A short time ago, it was down to 80Gb free so I started uninstalling all games I wasn't playing. I even went through and uninstalled old programs I never use anymore in the Apps and Features. This brought my...
  9. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used: Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213
  10. storage usage

storage usage: reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c"