Windows 10: Storage space issue

Discus and support Storage space issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please see the two snap shots below and It seems that there is some problem with disk D and it may affect the performance my Windows 10. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Aug 21, 2018.

1. Storage space issue

Please see the two snap shots below

and

It seems that there is some problem with disk D and it may affect the performance my Windows 10.

Can I increase the size of D taking some space from Disk C? or is there any other work around or solution

With regards

Dr. Abdul Rasheed

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Storage Space with Parity Issue

Hello,

The troubleshooting steps that we can provide for issues with Storage Spaces in Windows 10 is limited to what our support articles can provide since some issues on this subject is beyond the scope of this forum.

You may check the Storage
    Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    page, there are some information contained in this article that might help you with your concern.

Also, the issue that you have encountered with Storage Spaces is more suitable, and is usually being asked in
    TechNet.
    We highly suggest that you post your question there, or search for a similar thread which might contain the resolution to your issue should the article given above does not provide you the information that you need.

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 storage spaces issue

I have an issue where windows keeps telling me I don't have enough space to download some files. In explorer it is showing nearly 50% free space on drive D. However in storage spaces (this is a 2 way mirror pool with 3 drives) this is showing nearly full. I have optimized to see if this would
    correct but the issue still persists.
    Can anyone help with a suggestion please?

Storage space  issue 2ai4g9c.jpg

Westindieman, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Storage space issue

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Storage space issue

1. Storage space issue - Similar Threads - Storage space issue

2. storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    storage space: hi, I have a problem when I try to install an app in says storage full clear up some space. the problem is I don't want to delete any thing. so is there's a way to increase my storage play without deleting any thing ?...
  3. storage spaces

storage spaces: I am trying to use storage spaces to set up a storage pool as a 2 way mirror. I have 2 sata internal sdd drives. One of which has the windows 10 operating system on it. when i try to create the storage pool only my empty disk shows up. how do i get the storage pool to show...
  4. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...
  5. Storage Space

Storage Space: [ATTACH]This may seem like a silly question but can someone please tell me if something is going here that needs any action? I am getting a notification that my laptop that’s linked with my microsoft account needs my attention. When I follow through with where it leads me...
  6. Issues with Storage Spaces in Windows 10

Issues with Storage Spaces in Windows 10: I have filled up my local storage (c) which is only 8gb, I have a hard drive that is 2tb and still has 1,500gb storage left on it, but it says that my disk space is full. I already tried changing the priorities of any and all incoming downloads to go to the external drive...
  7. Storage Spaces issues adding drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces issues adding drive: I have a 4x 2TB drive storage pool setup with storage spaces under parity mostly used for movies/tv shows. I decided to buy 2 more 4TB drives and add them, but I only have space for 1 more at the moment (only 6 SATA connectors on my MB). After adding it (and appearing...
  8. Storage spaces issues, help required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage spaces issues, help required: I want to set up a drive with Raid 5 or parity. Rather than using a hardware raid card i decided to use the storage space option in win 10. My understanding of raid 5 is that you have the capacity of all the drives added together less one drive so if you have a 4 drive setup...
  9. Storage Space Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Space Issue: Hi - I have a low spec notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. Low spec is fine for my purposes but my 32 GB SSD is almost full and this seems to be stopping Windows from updating. Actually I have 7 GB of free space, which I assumed would be sufficient for the update but...
  10. Windows 10 storage spaces issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 storage spaces issue: I have an issue where windows keeps telling me I don't have enough space to download some files. In explorer it is showing nearly 50% free space on drive D. However in storage spaces (this is a 2 way mirror pool with 3 drives) this is showing nearly full. I have optimized to...