Windows 10: Storage space issue

Discus and support Storage space issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please see the two snap shots below and It seems that there is some problem with disk D and it may affect the performance my Windows 10. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Aug 21, 2018.

1. Storage space issue

Please see the two snap shots below

and

It seems that there is some problem with disk D and it may affect the performance my Windows 10.

Can I increase the size of D taking some space from Disk C? or is there any other work around or solution

With regards

Dr. Abdul Rasheed

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Storage Space with Parity Issue

Hello,

The troubleshooting steps that we can provide for issues with Storage Spaces in Windows 10 is limited to what our support articles can provide since some issues on this subject is beyond the scope of this forum.

You may check the Storage
    Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    page, there are some information contained in this article that might help you with your concern.

Also, the issue that you have encountered with Storage Spaces is more suitable, and is usually being asked in
    TechNet.
    We highly suggest that you post your question there, or search for a similar thread which might contain the resolution to your issue should the article given above does not provide you the information that you need.

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 storage spaces issue

I have an issue where windows keeps telling me I don't have enough space to download some files. In explorer it is showing nearly 50% free space on drive D. However in storage spaces (this is a 2 way mirror pool with 3 drives) this is showing nearly full. I have optimized to see if this would
    correct but the issue still persists.
    Can anyone help with a suggestion please?

Storage space  issue 2ai4g9c.jpg

Westindieman, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Storage space issue

External Drive using storage spaces does not work on my new Win 10 PC?

Hi Leo,

Storage Spaces not only increase storage over time as you add drivers to your PC, it will also help you in protecting your data from drive failures. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you were getting any error messages when trying
    to connect the external drive to your new PC. Also, can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to Storage Spaces. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Furthermore, here is a link for more information about the Storage
    Spaces in Windows 10

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Storage space issue

1. Storage space issue - Similar Threads - Storage space issue

2. Storage Space Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Issue: Since updating to Windows 11 22H2 half my storage space is now read-only, anyone knows how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-issue/c65e2f89-c5e4-49d3-bd8b-72f557297df5
  3. Storage Space Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Issue: Since updating to Windows 11 22H2 half my storage space is now read-only, anyone knows how to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-issue/c65e2f89-c5e4-49d3-bd8b-72f557297df5
  4. Storage space issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage space issue: So, my SSD is showing that out of 111gb, 56gb has been used, and 54 is free space. but when i select and check properties of the files inside, it shows the files are 40gb in total. What is occupying the 14gb space? submitted by /u/Loose_Information_64 [link] [comments]...
  5. Are these Storage Spaces issues showstoppers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these Storage Spaces issues showstoppers?: Hello, Issue #1: "The following drive might contain files. If you use a formatted drive with a storage pool, Windows permanently deletes all the files on that drive. You can't recover the files by using the Recycle Bin." I could work around that, but it would be painful,...
  6. Storage Spaces Error/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Error/issue: Windows 10 Enterprise Ver 2004 I have created a parity storage space with 4x 4TB SATA Drives. (D: drive) Formatted REFS Windows said the parity space is 9.67 TB using 14.1 TB pool capacity. That was fine by me as the D: reflected this. [img] I have around 3TB of data on...
  7. Storage Spaces Error/issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Spaces Error/issue: Windows 10 Enterprise Ver 2004 I have created a parity storage space with 4x 4TB SATA Drives. (D: drive) Formatted REFS Windows said the parity space is 9.67 TB using 14.1 TB pool capacity. That was fine by me as the D: reflected this. [img] I have around 3TB of data on...
  8. Issue with storage spaces

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with storage spaces: hi guys, i had a storage space consisting of 2 1TB drives before i had to format my pc, now i want to re-mount the storage space the same way as before but it gives an error saying that the drives cannot be prepared and to chech the connections and try again, theyre the exact...
  9. Storage Spaces issues adding drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces issues adding drive: I have a 4x 2TB drive storage pool setup with storage spaces under parity mostly used for movies/tv shows. I decided to buy 2 more 4TB drives and add them, but I only have space for 1 more at the moment (only 6 SATA connectors on my MB). After adding it (and appearing...
  10. Storage Space Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Space Issue: Hi - I have a low spec notebook with Windows 10 preinstalled. Low spec is fine for my purposes but my 32 GB SSD is almost full and this seems to be stopping Windows from updating. Actually I have 7 GB of free space, which I assumed would be sufficient for the update but...