Windows 10: Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

Discus and support Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive. 3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mydogmuppet, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

Hi

I have a simple three disk parity RAID - calles Storage Space - W: drive.
    3 x 1.36Gb gives me about 2.72Gb storage plus the parity bits.

This storage space has about 1.47Gb of data leaving some 1.24Gb free.

Storage Space Static is telling me my disks are 88% full and to add three extra drives

See screendump. What am I missing or not understanding here ?

Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ? [​IMG]

How do I rectify this situation please ?

Thanks

Muppet the Wonder Dog

:)

mydogmuppet, Oct 16, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO ADD THIS EXTRA MEMORYTO MY LAPTOP ACER ?

Are you getting a low memory warning in Windows, if so you need to clear space on your hard drive. Windows mistakenly calls hard drive space memory . . .

If indeed you do want to add extra memory (RAM), please post the exact model of your Acer laptop

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Storage Spaces Improvements?

I cannot find any articles on Windows 10 Storage Spaces and if there are any improvements over the Windows 8.1 Storage Spaces. Specifically, I am interested in knowing if the 70% threshold still triggers low capacity warnings. Over the past year, I have
    built up my Windows 8.1 Storage Spaces pool to about 50TB (14 USB drives), which means that at 35TB used, I get warnings to add more drives. The 70% capacity warning made more sense when I had only 2 or 3 drives in my pool, but as the data pool grows in size,
    it just seems to be a waste. How can I be at a reduced capacity in the pool when I still have 15TB of space free? When I add a new 5TB drive, I only get about 3.15TB of data storage (4.5TB formatted X 70% usable) which goes down to about 2TB of data in my
    parity pool. I really like Storage Spaces, but the overhead is a lot to take. Having said that, Storage Spaces is still the best solution I have found for my needs. I would just like to see some improvements in the next version. Any links on Windows 10 Storage
    Spaces improvements would be most welcome. Thanks.

GeorgeTaus, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ?

1. Storage Spaces - Add three extra drives Warning ? - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces Add

2. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  3. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  4. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  6. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  7. Windows Storage Spaces showing warning

Windows Storage Spaces showing warning: HiMy Windows Storage Spaces is showing a warning for low capacity. This is despite there being 11.2TB freeHow do i get rid of this alertSystems InfoWindows 10 Pro for Workstations10.0.19042 Build 19042...
  8. How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Essentially, Storage Spaces stores two copies of your data so if one of your […] This article How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Add drive error windows 10 storage space

Add drive error windows 10 storage space: Have long standing storage space which works fine but had error message saying I need to add two drives as it was running out of space. Bought a pair of WD 4tb drives and installed them. They were recognised in drive manager and initialised and new simple volumes created on...
  10. Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of your data so if one...