Windows 10: Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys.. Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by foxint, Sep 24, 2017.

1. foxint Win User

Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

Hi Guys..

Been reading about Storage Spaces. All the examples use only 1 HDD....Can SS work with multiple HDD as primary, I mean I have 8 Hard Drives. I understand the pool concept, will the Mirror function mirror all 8 drives...

How would one do this? All the examples use only 1 drive a C-drive

Thank you

:)

foxint, Sep 24, 2017

2. Will ReFS / Storage Spaces configuration works correctly with Windows 10?

Old title: Windows 10 and ReFS

I've been unable to find a clear-cut answer to my question. I'm running Win 8.1 Pro and I use 2 secondary HDs for my 'data'. These drives are formatted ReFS and configured in a Storage Spaces mirrored configuration. I think I'm ready to upgrade my Win
    8.1 Pro to Win 10 but I'm looking for reassurance that the ReFS / Storage Spaces configuration is going to still work just fine. Will this be the case?

(My primary drive is SSD NTFS)

MeToo_inTX, Sep 24, 2017
  3. ReFS Option Missing in Storage Spaces win 10 version 1709

Hi Lov,

Thanks for your answer.

I read this information ( at Resilient File System (ReFS) overview), dated 18 Dec 2017, that indicated that the integration of ReFS in WIN 10 Pro Storage Spaces would remain; but I see now that this only applies to Windows
    Server editions.

I will certainly provide my feedback as you suggest. It seems my options are to stick with NTFS in WIN 10 Pro, or spend $215 AUD to upgrade to WIN 10 Pro for Workstations; it seems hardly worth it just to get ReFS.

Thanks again.

ChrisM1_419, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro

1. Storage Spaces function in Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Storage Spaces function

2. Storage Space Problem On Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Space Problem On Surface Pro 6: Even though I have deleted nearly everything on my surface pro, the local disk is still nearly 105GB out of 119GB filled up. I have checked through everything that I know of and nothing could be taking up that much space. Any ideas on how to get rid of this problem and free...
  3. win 10 pro save as function to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win 10 pro save as function to desktop: I am not able to use the "save as" function in word or excel in saving a changed file to my desktop. Uninstalled all antivirus software so this is not an issue. I do have an older version of office but it worked quite nicely until a month ago. submitted by /u/Phil_567...
  4. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

Storage spaces after reinstall win 10: Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a new SSD, and install windows 10. Installation process went smoothly, until I went to my storage devices. I can see the local...
  5. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  6. Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations

Help with Storage Space under Windows 10 Pro for workstations: I've had the newly built system running 24/7 for a year now running Plex under Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded to Workstation to take advantage of Storage Spaces. I have created a 6 drive 8tb storage pool using Parity/Refs file system. All has been working great, for 6...
  7. Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 pro and storage space: I want to upgrade the hardware on my home media server (Plex) running Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. I have my Storage Spaces disks connected using a dedicated RAID card, with the disks configured as JBOD. I wonder, if I upgrade the hardware and reinstall Windows 10 pro to the...
  8. Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnect Storage Spaces Drives to New Install Win 10 Pro: I am looking for some help with Win 10 Pro Storage Spaces. I had a Win 10 Pro machine with an SSD OS drive and seven internal hard drives combined into a Storage Spaces volume. I read that a clean install of Windows would not affect the Storage Spaces volume, and after...
  9. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro: I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw...
  10. AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro: Windows 10 PRO. AutoPlay isn't working in Windows 10. The SETTINGS|DEVICES menu has it turned ON. In Control Panel, it's turned on and configured to PLAY a CD. It's not disabled in the Group Policy editor. Neither of the two optical drives (a CD and DVD) will auto play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storage spaces windows 10 pro