Windows 10: Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup

Discus and support Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I first installed Windows 10 Store didn't exhibit this behaviour but lately it starts itself after I have logged into Windows. I haven't asked it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarfega, Nov 19, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup

When I first installed Windows 10 Store didn't exhibit this behaviour but lately it starts itself after I have logged into Windows. I haven't asked it to do this and I wish it wouldn't.

:)

swarfega, Nov 19, 2014

2. Windows Apps crash on launch but work after trying a few times

I have Windows 10 Creators Edition 1703 build 15063.250.

If I try to open Windows Store, Proximus TV app, Settings, Windows Defender Securtiy Centre these apps crash on launch. But if I keep on trying a few times these apps usually startup correctly.

Only Proximus TV app is different: it has to be started twenty times before it opens.

I tried all four sections of
    http://www.geekcosmos.com/fix-

But without success. Apps keep on crashing on launch.

It is only apps that have this behaviour, my programs work correctly.

Bert.RAM.Aerts, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    explorer.exe is not launching at startup

Hi Amit,

To help resolve your concern, I would like to ask a few questions:

• Any recent changes or activity made on your PC before the issue started?
    • Have you tried restarting your PC in
      Safe Mode
      ?

If explore.exe will start in Safe Mode, then obviously something is interfering with its
    normal start in regular mode. Scan for malware in Safe Mode and remove infections if any and reboot. Also check if there's any add-on that might be interfering with the startup.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Nov 19, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

I have the same issue. In my case, the Store opens by itself in 60 to 120 minute intervals. It does not disturb me, I just close it when it opens, but it would be nice to find an explanation. If the PC is on from early morning to late evening, Store has opened by itself 6 to 10 times.

5. Tony K Win User
    I'm getting that now and then also. Alt/F4 might work some of the time. *Tongue

All in all, not a consistent or stable build yet.

Tony K, Nov 22, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Maybe their trying to sell you something!
    Wait a minute! Isn't that soliciting! *Tongue

Seriously though, next time it happens pop your Task Manager open and see if it's embedding or updating.

Edwin, Nov 22, 2014
  7. davehc Win User
    It may have been coincidence, but it stopped happening on my computer when I logged in on the Windows insider hub App.

davehc, Nov 22, 2014
  8. swarfega Win User

Its been quiet for the past couple of days so here's hoping.

swarfega, Nov 24, 2014
  9. Kari Win User
    I've had a few today, not disturbingly many.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store App Keeps Launching at Windows Startup - Similar Threads - Store App Keeps

2. Unable to launch Store apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to launch Store apps: So I've got a really weird issue. I restarted my PC and after signing in I was greeted by an error. It looked like one of the Store apps I have set to start with Windows was unable to launch...and Windows could not access the file. It happened a couple times as I have a...
  3. Microsoft store keeps loading, apps don't launch/download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store keeps loading, apps don't launch/download.: I'm unable to download apps in Microsoft Store, including opening apps such as Sticky notes, calculator, etc. The error code I get when I try to download is 0x8004E10E. The apps just won't launch no matter what I try. I've tried troubleshooting, wsreset, shell commands etc....
  4. Microsoft store keeps loading, apps don't launch/download.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store keeps loading, apps don't launch/download.: I'm unable to download apps in Microsoft Store, including opening apps such as Sticky notes, calculator, etc. The error code I get when I try to download is 0x8004E10E. The apps just won't launch no matter what I try. I've tried troubleshooting, wsreset, shell commands etc....
  5. Apps keep failing to launch ... :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep failing to launch ... :: Just recently, the Apps I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store and the built in apps such as the Photos app keep crashing on launch ... and you have to re-launch them several times to get them up and running. Is there a quick and easy way of fixing this really annoying...
  6. Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.

Windows Store missing / Apps will not launch.: After installing the latest updates in the Update Manager, I restarted my PC and found that no Microsoft apps would work, and the Store was missing. The troubleshooter says it can't find a problem, I have reinstalled recovery/reset Windows 10 three times, and the issue...
  7. Can't Launch Windows App Store

Can't Launch Windows App Store: [ATTACH] This is what I get when trying to open up microsoft store. Only started happening after I got a new router. However, my internet connection is working just fine on all my devices. Reset the router, still happening. Reset windows store app, didn't fix it. I...
  8. Windows store apps will not launch

Windows store apps will not launch: I cannot launch any windows store apps. Store, Snip 'n sketch and feedback up are not operational. none of these apps show up in Apps and Features in Settings. I have installed 2020-04 update and am current on all updates....
  9. Microsoft Store app not launching

Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  10. Store Apps won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...