Windows 10: store app updates - you're good to go

Discus and support store app updates - you're good to go in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; only a minor thing. But I never ever let the store app update apps automatically. I prefer not to let them update on their own just in case I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 2, 2018.

1. store app updates - you're good to go

only a minor thing. But I never ever let the store app update apps automatically. I prefer not to let them update on their own just in case I shut down mid update in the background or something. these native apps are flakey enough without the risk.

Anyways, I usually check for updates within the store app manually. if there are no updates due it'll always at the end of the cycle say at the top something along lines 'you are good to. all your apps are upto date etc etc'. However I notice today on one of the two machines we have it doesn't say this. It'll just do the spinny circle check having clicked 'get updates' and eventually finish with this box no longer spinning and having turned from grey back to blue. this indicates the check has finshed but like I say no longer the message good to go, 'i'm all upto date' despite no new app updates coming through. I felt this was an issue Microsoft server side but thought i'd boot up our main machine to see if it was the same on this. And lo and behold it does the check and finishes with the message about being 'good to go, all upto date etc etc', so the message is only absent on the 1 pc. I guess what I am asking is whether anyone else is noticing the same? it could well be a server issue still I suppose, after all sometimes app updates come through at different times for the two machines. a case example is one got an update for the messages app the other day whilst the other still has not got it. Sometimes one might be a day later receiving an update for the same app.

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 2, 2018
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Store app updates , no good to go message

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for getting back to us on this.

Have you tried running the Windows App troubleshooter? The app itself might be corrupted on both computers. So running the troubleshooter easily identifies what went wrong with the Store App itself.

Let us know how it goes on your end.

Josef Bri, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Store app updates , no good to go message

Hi Scotty,

We appreciate your time posting this issue about Windows app updates and giving us a concrete information about the situation. Windows apps will not offer a bulk update at the same time. Thus, will be provided depending on the server that schedules your
    computer for an update.

If you experience any error or issue with your Windows 10 apps, we highly recommend that you

run the Windows apps troubleshooter
    . This will diagnose and repair issues with Microsoft store and Windows apps.

Kindly update us with the results, and if you need further assistance feel free to post back.

Anthony Gal, Feb 2, 2018
  4. store app updates - you're good to go

It shows for me on 1709 but on 1703 I do not think it says that.

Josey Wales, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Ok. Thank you. I think your right that the message was only introduced on v1709. Both machines are on v1709 so it’s strange one shows it and one doesn’t. I guess it’s all ok as the store app is still functional and doing everything it should apart from not showing that message. I did try a reset of the store app but it made no difference. I’m just a bit of a stickler for things being consistent but will try and forget it

Scottyboy99, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Hmmm, this is now concerning. I thought it may of been a server side issue. But after a few days it still doesn’t come up with this message ‘you’re good to go, trusted apps all up to date etc etc’. The store appears to be functional and I even installed a new app VLC successfully the other day. However what concerns me is I turned on our other pc and checked store for app updates just now, it found an update for mail and calendar and updated it. Afterwards it then had the good to go message after doing another check. So I instantly turn the pc with this quirk and check for updates , it does its little spin circle cycle and finishes, no good to go message but more worryingly, no update found for mail and calendar even though I know it should be finding the new version. I am really hoping that maybe later when I am home again it will find it but I am now thinking something could be wrong and it’s not checking for the updates among the store apps properly. The last one it got was the messaging app approx Friday, which all updated ok and since then nothing. No good to go messages and no new app updates!

EDIT - realised there was an update for the store app itself on Saturday 3rd. It updated fine but I think the problem has been there since then! Resetting the store app does not help unfortunately. I also tried the store app on the other user accounts in this pc and it’s the same for them too

Scottyboy99, Feb 5, 2018
  7. Mail and calendar app update came through this evening. So store is checking for app updates ok. Still no good to go message though when all apps are up to date. But at least it’s working ok

Scottyboy99, Feb 5, 2018
  8. store app updates - you're good to go

Good morning. FWIW, I can say both my Desktop and Gayle's Laptop updated to 1709 the same day. The desktop got the new Store Icon and new "look" the next morning. It took about another 2 to 3 weeks before the Laptop showed it.

Wiley Coyote, Feb 6, 2018
  9. AntJac Win User
    Has anybody ever had to update MS Store from within the app itself? I had to do that this morning as i got 2 failed Store updates in the span of two weeks. Everything else updated ok

AntJac, Feb 6, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    Often. I have to let the Store update, clear the failed downloads, close the Store then re-open the Store and check for updates again, then it works.

Edwin, Feb 6, 2018
  11. AntJac Win User
    Ah thanks for that Edwin. It's quite strange the app updates for the Store itself are the only thing that fails. Anything else like Mail, Calender etc works and updates fine

AntJac, Feb 6, 2018
  12. Yes, it’s odd. The message came back a few days later and has been there ever since. No idea why it stopped for a while.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
  13. store app updates - you're good to go

It happens the same to me, the updates work well but the "you're good to go" message after checking the updates does not appear, I don't know why.

Regards

NSchwender, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

store app updates - you're good to go

1. store app updates - you're good to go - Similar Threads - store app updates

2. "You're not up to date" but no update button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You're not up to date" but no update button: What's up with this? Windows has been telling me I'm missing "important" stuff for a while but no matter how many times I check for updates I can't get the option to install anything. With the striking yellow text and the big red exclamation mark you'd think these are pretty...
  3. If you can help me you're a good boy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you can help me you're a good boy: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cebqc3j7lho51.png?width=1917&format=png&auto=webp&s=89c1c103612cf049a3743ec076d058173688ecf1 Simple question: Does anyone know how to remove this stupid widget built in to windows (right upper corner) to turn on and off your camera and...
  4. Store apps not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps not updating: I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update...
  5. Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates & more issues -app you're installing isn't verified on bootup: https://imgur.com/pRnxMpi "The app you're trying to install isn't a verified app from the store" with option to " I am now getting the above (error) message whenever I log in, to any profile. Problem is I'm not installing anything & as you can see the message doesn't state...
  6. Windows not updating "You're not up to date"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not updating "You're not up to date": I've recently installed Windows 10 on a Thinkpad Lenovo, but I'm having trouble updating. Windows informs me that I'm not up to date and that I'm at risk. I click to search for updates, I get the little spinning icon for a few seconds, then nothing happens. I can't see any...
  7. Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go": Sorry for the duplicate posting but I believe this is important. At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 7 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant problem and another possibly related to Win 10. The...
  8. what is going on with store app updates?

what is going on with store app updates?: I logged into my backup computer, went to the app store and saw I had 6 updates waiting for me, I hit install and then noticed the two of the updates were for net framework packages, say what, how are these considered app updates? [img] 23003
  9. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613
  10. Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go"

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go": At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 7 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant problem and another possibly related to Win 10. The significant problem is that the Ethernet connection keeps dropping out....