Windows 10: STORE app will no open in Win 10

Discus and support STORE app will no open in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there!!! I'm having an error stranger problem. I've been trying to download various apps such as Netflix, Pandora and Instagram and they all lead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by goldenstar87, Oct 18, 2017.

1. STORE app will no open in Win 10

Hey there!!!
    I'm having an error stranger problem. I've been trying to download various apps such as Netflix, Pandora and Instagram and they all lead me to the same window, with the same exact error message: "something bad happened... unknown layout.
    Thanks.

:)

goldenstar87, Oct 18, 2017
  2. GBorn Win User
    GBorn, Oct 18, 2017
  3. STORE app will no open in Win 10

Hi Clara,

Windows Store app may not open due to several reasons. One of which is if the user account is corrupted. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any recent updates installed?
    • What changes were made prior to the issue?
    • Does this happen all the time?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Oct 18, 2017
  4. georgeks Win User

STORE app will no open in Win 10

georgeks, Oct 18, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Reset the store using the automatic troubleshooter (1) or the manual reset (2).

1) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-windows-apps

2) Fix Microsoft StoreFor the Microsoft store problem see if this fixes it:
    Start from a fresh boot so that software/applications are closed.
    Keyboard: click windows + r keys simultaneously
    type or copy and paste: C:\Windows\System32
    look for WSReset.exe
    Right click on it and left click on run as administrator
    Do you want to allow this device to make changes to your account: yes
    A pop up will then appear: A black box with title bar: C: \Windows\System32\WSReset.exe
    It will then close and Microsoft store will appear.
    Reboot.

zbook, Oct 18, 2017
  6. Mrrabbit Win User
    Try to reset the Windows Store app
    Open administrative Windows PowerShell and then run the following command:
    Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

If the error still persits, set the device location to UK helped to fix the Windows Store problems.

Mrrabbit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

STORE app will no open in Win 10

1. STORE app will no open in Win 10 - Similar Threads - STORE app open

2. Win 10 Microsoft App Store Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Microsoft App Store Missing: Hi, I'm having a huge issue with a clients laptop and none of the forums , YouTube tutorials or Microsoft support has been able to help me with this problem . The Microsoft store App has completely disappeared from they're Laptop , other Microsoft store apps are still there...
  3. App store not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App store not opening: after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-not-opening/13a6fe6c-1e1a-4afb-8d37-9327671175bf"
  4. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  5. win 10 store app crashing

win 10 store app crashing: doodle kingdom come up with the doodle god logo than crashes. used to still does on my laptop. tried setting compatibility to win 8 and win 7 , upgraded all my drivers. win 10 1809 16 gigs memory - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -...
  6. Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues in opening store apps in Win 10 build 17763: I have recently upgraded my Win 10 from version 1803 to version 1809. But now, some Microsoft store apps such as Candy Crush, JioSaavn, etc. crash as soon as open them. Even Settings app crash in a few seconds. I tried searching for troubleshooter in control panel but there...
  7. Where are native Win 10 apps stored?

Where are native Win 10 apps stored?: Where are native Win 10 apps stored? I can't find the directory into which they are installed. I'm talking about Store, Maps. Netflix, etc. 68669
  8. Backing up win 10 store apps

Backing up win 10 store apps: Have a format/reinstall getting ready to happen. Needing to back up windows 10 store apps and games. Wanting to copy to external hdd so hopefully to not have to redownload 50gb games as I only have 6mb dsl (all I can get where I live). Not even sure it will work but it...
  9. Win 10 apps not opening

Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607
  10. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638