Windows 10: Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

Discus and support Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have apps installed from the Microsoft store on my laptop but they don't show up on the start menu to be able to pin to the start menu. They also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by raeadhani, Aug 23, 2015.

1. raeadhani Win User

Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

I have apps installed from the Microsoft store on my laptop but they don't show up on the start menu to be able to pin to the start menu. They also don't show up under the "All Apps" area. Is there a way to force apps to show up so that I can pin them to the start menu?

Twice now I've had pinned apps disappear from my start menu - for example, I pinned a game & the notepad to the start menu. Then when going back to the start menu later, they're gone. I have repinned them in a different spot on the start menu & they seem to be staying now - is this normal?

:)

raeadhani, Aug 23, 2015
  2. John Ado Win User

Store and some other apps not showing up in start menu or taskbar (when launched)

Hi Gupta,

There might have been some files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's see if the

Windows Update troubleshooter
    can diagnose the issue. If the issue persists, disconnect from your network and check if you can uninstall the last update from
    Control Panel > Programs > View installed updates. Look for KB4043961.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Store and some other apps not showing up in start menu or taskbar (when launched)

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Falls Creators Update. Though upgrade was successful, but Store and some other apps (notably third party apps) aren't showing up on Start menu. Store is present, even starting up, but icon is not visble in taskbar nor can I find it
    in start menu?

Any resolutions?

I have tried reinstalling them via powershell, but it doesn't help either.

Gupta Varun, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

I believe that you have to be logged in under your MS account to use/see Store Apps. If you have a local login, I believe that you can't use/see them. If you switch from one to the other(MS account to Local), this could be the problem.

Mark Phelps, Aug 23, 2015
  5. raeadhani Win User
    Thanks for the reply! *Smile

I am currently logged in under my MS account so unfortunately that's not the problem.

raeadhani, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

1. Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Store Apps showing

2. Windows 10 start menu shows no app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu shows no app: [IMG]I don't know what's happening here but when I use my pc, it goes BSOD and says "system service exception" then, after I restart my pc, this problem happens...
  3. MS Store App Start Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store App Start Up: Hi, I have a app I got from Windows Store and I want to add it to Start up, so basically my PC boots, logs in and the app starts. I know the app is located (I think) in the hidden C:\Program Files location. There are multiple entries for the app but I have found the exe...
  4. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  5. Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu: So I had a couple of updates that were installed this weekend and I noticed this random "other" section in my start menu all the way at the bottom. It only has one "app" in the list and it's named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" I tried to pull it up in the app store by...
  6. Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps

Start Menu only showing Microsoft Apps: PC was running slow so I rebooted. Running Windows 10 Home version 1803 although it said it has installed updates in the past few days. When it restarted, none of my non-Microsoft applications are listed on the start menu. Does not list MS Office 16 although I own a licensed...
  7. Start menu doesn't show up

Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  8. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...
  9. start menu shows up in wrong location

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows up in wrong location: I noticed my start menu will randomly show up in the bottom left-hand corner. It usually shows up in the upper left-hand corner. How do I fix this? Also, when I start typing to search, the menu goes away. 79178
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....