Windows 10: Store apps will not work, download or update

Discus and support Store apps will not work, download or update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over thirty apps are 'pending', waiting to update. But they will not download --- they report 'Waiting for Wi-Fi'. The internet connection is good. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Apr 3, 2017.

1. clayto Win User

Store apps will not work, download or update

Over thirty apps are 'pending', waiting to update. But they will not download --- they report 'Waiting for Wi-Fi'. The internet connection is good. I have lost use of Mail, People, Edge, and many other important services. I have switched Windows Firewall on, which restored the Store but not the apps. What is going on?

:)

clayto, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Jane Lla Win User

Apps will not download or update from the Store

Not a problem, Clayto.

After rerunning the command for reinstallation of Windows Store through PowerShell (Admin), were you able to reboot the PC, again?

If you haven't completed that yet, kindly do so. After the reboot, run the
    System File Checker
    tool to scan the system for possible system file corruption.

Also, apart from the Store issue, confirm the other performance concerns you're experiencing with Windows 10 so we could address the possible cause.

In relation to the instructions given in step 1, when you click on the Start menu, then type the keywords in the search to commence, there is no need to click on the actual search box. You can simply type in the keywords and Cortana will automatically search
    for it.

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Jane Lla, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Clayto222 Win User
    Apps will not download or update from the Store

Thanks. I did run PShell as Admin, again. This time it ran to completion without errors or red print. Alas, after restart the store is still absent.

I will not tr recovery options (just yet) as I have not resolved issues created by the last 'recovery' just two weeks ago --- of which this Store problem is just one.

By the way, your instruction on how to access PowerShell(Admin.) above, is wrong isn't it? That just take you to the Start screen with its Tiles and nowhere to 'enter' anything. I got to PowerShell by entering it into Cortana's search box.

I

Clayto222, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Store apps will not work, download or update

Hi clayto.

Does your tablet, from your specs, have cellular and wi-fi. If so what happens if you disable, for a short period, the cellular?

As well any chance you have enabled "Metered Connection" in your Wi-Fi settings?

Start => Settings => Network and Internet => Wi-Fi

then click on your current connection.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 9, 2017
  5. clayto Win User
    Hello --- my 'specs' must be very out-of-date, I changed my PC about 6 months ago, so I will revise them ASAP.

I have never used a cellular connection but have checked that metered is not set by accident. I have both Wi-Fi and Ethernet --- I mainly use the latter with good speeds between 40 and 50 mps.

I still have a nagging feeling that the Windows Firewall is not set up properly. It is supposed to be managed by Norton Security and in Windows Services it is shown as 'active' or 'running'. Yet in Control Panel it is in red and none of the options respond, eg. Windows Firewall on / off, and default settings. I feel I remember in the past the connection was green, though I may be wrong. I have had experience a year or so ago with apps only downloading when Windows Firewall was enabled.

clayto, Apr 9, 2017
  6. clayto check into conflicts between Windows Firewall and Norton's Firewall. They don't play well together.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 9, 2017
  7. clayto Win User
    CWGilley --- you are right but despite this I have used Norton / Windows together OK for some years. Of course, things can change.

clayto, Apr 9, 2017
  8. clayto Win User

I can see why I have not updated my 'specs' (almost everything is now wrong) ---- I cannot find any way to edit the specs page.

clayto, Apr 9, 2017
  9. To edit Specs click on the "Quick Links", right near top, center of page. In drop down menu you will find.

Norton shuts of Windows firewall. It goes red and say something like this is being managed bu another product.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store apps will not work, download or update - Similar Threads - Store apps download

2. Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.: Hello Everyone,A while ago, I started to experience a problem with the Microsoft store where nothing was updating. I also tried downloading apps, but they did not work. Even after waiting for days, they still were at the "pending" stage. I tried restarting my laptop, but that...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Apps Not Downloading/Updating.: Hello Everyone,A while ago, I started to experience a problem with the Microsoft store where nothing was updating. I also tried downloading apps, but they did not work. Even after waiting for days, they still were at the "pending" stage. I tried restarting my laptop, but that...
  4. Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working: Hello,I'm having an error with the store and its apps groove music, photos, movies and tv...I asked this question before and they gave me a lot of solutions, but non of them workedStill I have the error...I tried the Windows store apps troubleshooter and it gives me this...
  5. Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working: Hello,I'm having an error with the store and its apps groove music, photos, movies and tv...I asked this question before and they gave me a lot of solutions, but non of them workedStill I have the error...I tried the Windows store apps troubleshooter and it gives me this...
  6. Microsoft store and store-downloaded apps not working

7. Microsoft Store not updating/downloading apps

Microsoft Store not updating/downloading apps: Hello, My microsft store is bugged or something because I can't download or update any apps in the store. Everytime I try it just says starting download and then nothing happens, when I refresh it dissapears. I have tried everything even resetting the store multiple times...
  8. Microsoft Store (or apps downloaded with it) not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store (or apps downloaded with it) not working: The Windows store hadn't been working for a good two months after my pc like completely got destroyed and had to do a system restore thing, and I've tried just about anything, including: - wsreset (I think is the name) - making a new account - uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. Microsoft Store will not update or download apps

Microsoft Store will not update or download apps: I purchased a PC on eBay which has Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 operating system. The Microsoft store will not update any apps, or install new apps. When I try, the app seems to be downloading briefly, then gives an error message: "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  10. Store apps will not download or update

Store apps will not download or update: Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the...