Windows 10: Store Apps won't launch

Discus and support Store Apps won't launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdKode, Jul 31, 2015.

1. EdKode Win User

Store Apps won't launch

So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that.
    But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I click on the app tiles and nothing happens. It worked yesterday after the upgrade, but not now after a fresh install. Yesterday i had 32 bit version, but now I have 64. WTF.

Here is a video that describes the situation better: Windows 10 bug: Store Apps not launching! - YouTube

Later edit: Now I noticed that if I try to open for example a photo using the default photos app, it gives me this error: https://i.imgur.com/HWRQr9B.jpg. This also happens with any type of file associated with a metro app.

Reinstalled the whole OS again. Now everything works properly.

:)

EdKode, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 "Metro" Apps not working.

Any windows store apps, or any default apps that come won't launch ..

VladFrangu, Jul 31, 2015
  3. CeliaZora Win User
    Windows 10 - Store doesn't load - Uninstall option is grayed out

I followed the instructions above and Windows Store will not launch. None of the Store-based apps will launch. I get no error message when I try to open Store, it simply flashes the outline of a window and then goes away. When I try to launch an App, it
    says This App Can't Be Opened, check the Windows Store for more information. Then, of course, Windows Store won't open.

CeliaZora, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Store Apps won't launch

1. Store Apps won't launch - Similar Threads - Store Apps won't

2. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store won't launch: My Microsoft store will not open. It will start to load but immediately shut down. I see the icon for it pop up on the task bar and instantly close. I have tried reinstalling through PowerShell along with the repair tool and it still won't work....
  3. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't launch: hello why i can't launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps like calculator.....etc when i try to launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps it won't launch and when i try to reset microsoft store from cmd i get an error saying can someone help me with this problem...
  4. Microsoft store won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't launch: hello why i can't launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps like calculator.....etc when i try to launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps it won't launch and when i try to reset microsoft store from cmd i get an error saying can someone help me with this problem...
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch

Microsoft Store and Photo App won't launch: Microsoft store and Photo App WON"T launch. I can see the icons are "pinned" but they do not open when clicked. Microsoft Store: Shows in the start menu - but cannot click on it / does not launch Photos: Icon is pinned to desktop but does not openMissing from start menu -...
  6. Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch

Microsoft Store and Apps won't launch: My windows store and apps won't open, I have already tried to reinstall through powershell both the store itself and all the apps but it still doesn't work. I have also tried to reset and repair the apps through settings but it does not work as well....
  7. Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch

Microsoft Store-Apps won't launch: WX version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Thank you all for the assistance! Tried to run the commands posted here via PowerShell, w/ admin, but still not luck. Microsoft Store tried to open but it disappears quick, other APPs like Photos won't launch at all. Recently upgraded to...
  8. Microsoft store won't launch

Microsoft store won't launch: My Microsoft Store won't launch, it closes as soon as I try to open it. For the past 2 days I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix the Microsoft Store, none of them have worked. List of things I have tried: -Troubleshoot through Update and Security -Reset...
  9. New windows store apps won't launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New windows store apps won't launch: I got a new hard drive so I downloaded a few gamepass games on the windows store, none of them has worked so far. Some just do nothing when launched by the store, Xbox beta app or desktop and others flash an icon on the taskbar when opened. I tried moving them onto a...
  10. Windows Store Won't Launch

Windows Store Won't Launch: No matter what I have tried, my Microsoft store won't open. I ran the troubleshooter and it said that I have been signed in with a temporary profile and that Windows can't save my work or settings. How do I solve this?[ATTACH]...