Windows 10: STORE cache corruption

Discus and support STORE cache corruption in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Store apps work fine yet STORE apps troubleshooter reports that "Windows STORE cache may be damaged/corrupted." Despite the following measures the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by borgus, Nov 2, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

STORE cache corruption

Store apps work fine yet STORE apps troubleshooter reports that "Windows STORE cache may be damaged/corrupted."
    Despite the following measures the error is "not fixed."

STORE has been reset (WSRESET).

STORE apps have been reregistered.
    (Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}"

STORE cache has been cleared (per Brink's tutorial).

SFC /scannow and DISM /CheckHealth report no problems.

Curiously, disable User Account Control and rerun the troubleshooter and it will prompt that UAC must be enabled. After doing so, the troubleshooter reports that the UAC issue is fixed, and lists no other problems...

Potential issues that were checked Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present Service registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present Microsoft account required Issue not present Temporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present
    ...until the troubleshooter is run again. Then it's back to "cache may be damaged/corrupted. Not fixed."

Bug? Something overlooked? Ignore it?

:)

borgus, Nov 2, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 2, 2016
  3. borate Win User
    STORE cache corruption

Version 1607, build 14393.351 with latest patches applied.

borate, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

STORE cache corruption

I get the same issue - did you fix it?

Steve C, Dec 12, 2016
  5. borgus Win User
    Ignored the issue, as it seemed to cause no problems.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

STORE cache corruption

1. STORE cache corruption - Similar Threads - STORE cache corruption

2. Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11: Hello,My desktop computer has the latest update for Windows 11, but sometimes the thumbnail cache becomes corrupted. I have rebuilt the thumbnail cache several times, but the problem persists. It happens repeatedly. What could be the reason for this? Due to this issue, I have...
  3. Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon thumbnail cache corrupted on my windows 11: Hello,My desktop computer has the latest update for Windows 11, but sometimes the thumbnail cache becomes corrupted. I have rebuilt the thumbnail cache several times, but the problem persists. It happens repeatedly. What could be the reason for this? Due to this issue, I have...
  4. Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches: Hello, Every time I try to open Microsoft Store on my PC it fails to open. I have tried the WSreset.exe. An error message is displayed as: ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches File system error -2147219196. What can I do to resolve this isuse? Many thanks, Jono...
  5. Windows Store Cache may be damage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Store Cache may be damage: Apps like Calculator will open and then close immediately. Microsoft edge does the same thing. So does some other apps. I have run app troubleshooter and get the following: Windows Store Cache may be damaged I have tried the Powershell solution and it worked temporarily...
  6. Microsoft store cache

Microsoft store cache: Hi All, I am trying to download an update of Disney Magic Kingdoms. When I go to the App Store I get a never ending loop of download / install / download /install ... If I cancel the download and run the app, it says it needs to be updated and sends me back to the app...
  7. Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache

Windows store download corrupt. Unable to reset download cache: Hi! I recently queued up a few different programs in my downloads list on the Microsoft Store, among which was State of Decay 2. It seems something must've gone wrong with it though. Each time I try to install it it loads for a few seconds and gets stuck on 17.38MB, and...
  8. Microsoft store caches are empty

Microsoft store caches are empty: so i have following problem if i try to open the microsoft store it simply just crashes so i went and looked for the microsoft store caches and had to find out that both cache files were empty, i must have deleted them by accident and now i dont know what to do and how to...
  9. windows 10 store cache issue

windows 10 store cache issue: hey.I ran the windows store troubleshooter and It told me that windows store cache may be corrupted error and service registration.How can I fix it??? 93702
  10. windows store cache may be damaged

windows store cache may be damaged: Hi, I've spent the few days trying to fix that issue, went all every solution that I saw, Including Ken's solution, scanned for corrupt files, did DCIM, WSreser as admin, but the problem is still here. Technical details: Asus laptop, UX330UA Windows 10 Home Version...