Windows 10: Store fails to update

Discus and support Store fails to update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! i just installed windows 10 preview and everything went fine. When i tried to open store after finishing the windows update an error prompted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by naidz, Mar 4, 2015.

1. naidz Win User

Store fails to update

Hello! i just installed windows 10 preview and everything went fine. When i tried to open store after finishing the windows update an error prompted. There was a message saying "Well , this is embarrassing . We can't seem to start the store update right now. Please try again." Any possible fix? Just to state that i don't have logged in with an MS account.

:)

naidz, Mar 4, 2015

2. Unable to download from apps from Windows Store.

My windows app store is not working. Whenever i'm trying to download apps from the app store it is failing to download the apps. I tried to update the app store but still failing to update.

Original title:App store

MahjiaAourthy, Mar 4, 2015
  3. PS1673 Win User
    Update KB3081424 fails to install, Store and Solitaire apps will no load, right-clicking file or folder crashes File Explorer

Cumulative update KB3081424 continually fails to install.

Booted in safe mode (updating service would not stop when I used net stop wuauserv from admin command prompt).

Deleted contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

Rebooted and later found update failed again.

I have tried restarting the computer, but after 30 minutes, it appears to hang restarting, so I shut down and reboot. Sometimes apps and File Explorer work correctly; other times I can't load the Microsoft store or run apps such as Solitaire, Cortana, Microsoft
    Store. Right-clicking for the context menu on a file or folder in File Explorer crashes File Explorer.

I also followed suggestions to delete unrecognized long profiles from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.

The only other long profile was for DefaultAppPool, so I uninstalled the Internet Information Services (it was only partially selected under Windows Components) and deleted that long profile from the registry. That did not help.

I also tried to manually install the update. Windows just showed the message "searching for installed updates" for an hour, so I gave up on that.

Any suggestions? I'm hoping Microsoft rolls out a different cumulative update this week.

PS1673, Mar 4, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Store fails to update

The Store does have some bugs.
    Here I'm experiencing a different thing. I simply can't update some applications...

Store fails to update [​IMG]

E-mail, calendar and people

I always get the same message:

Vladimir, Mar 5, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I've not had that issue.. but keep in mind I'm logged into my MS account.

BunnyJ, Mar 5, 2015
  6. naidz Win User
    Store fails to update [​IMG]

naidz, Mar 5, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Have you tried it logged onto an MS account?? And have you tried to use it without your WiFi connection??

BunnyJ, Mar 5, 2015
  8. naidz Win User

Store fails to update

im not using WIFI , im on cable and desktop pc. Btw has anyone used this command?

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
      it's supposed to fix broken apps on windows 10

naidz, Mar 5, 2015
  9. naidz Win User
    anyone encountering the same issue?btw could it be possible that its region blocked?

naidz, Mar 5, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Did you run the PowerShell script from your previous post?
    Also you could search WSReset and run that.
    Is your time and timezone correct?

Edwin, Mar 5, 2015
  11. naidz Win User
    wsreset opens a green store window which is working fine , although the store im trying to open has a gray color and it's named store beta.

naidz, Mar 5, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Doh! My mistake, sorry bout that!

Edwin, Mar 5, 2015
  13. Store fails to update

I had the "This is embarrassing ..." msg yesterday, but it seems to be resolved - I just kept trying - must have been on the Microsoft side.

I updated my apps though the Store (beta) - 10 apps - a few that I had uninstalled.

After installing all 10 updates I tried to launch Mahjong and it did not work - I don't recall if it was updated or not.

I logged off and back on and ran the Store (beta) again. 'New' updates were available, so I updated those 7 apps.
    Two failed with 0x80070002 errors (I think that was the error code) - I tried them again and both eventually updated (retried update 2 or 3 times for one of them)

The Store (beta) would not update ...

Anyway, according to this:
    Unable to update Windows Store apps in build 9926 - Microsoft Community

the Store (beta) requires Apps to be auto-updated. I think it's a punt, but I manually changed:
    AutoDownload = 2 on the key below to the value in Sharath Srinivasa's reply
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate
    AutoDownload = 4
    Did it work?
    Not on this machine. I have not restarted the machine, and will update the thread after I do a restart later today.

edit: Restart had no effect - changed key value back to 2.
    DISM re-register and DISM RestoreHealth also had no effect. RestoreHealth had many reports re: languages ... oh well, time to wait for the next drop.

Slartybart, Mar 6, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I ran into the same issue yesterday as well and I just tired the "Beta Store" and it now works just fine for me again. We should expect this type of thing being the new store is in Beta for a bit I guess.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Store fails to update

1. Store fails to update - Similar Threads - Store fails update

2. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and...
  3. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and...
  4. Windows Store fails to update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Store fails to update apps

Windows Store fails to update apps: When I try to update my games, it fails like in the picture.The only way to make it work again is to completely uninstall and reinstall the games, but after a while this happens again. Is there a way to fix this without having to download these whole games again and again?...
  6. Store apps failed to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store apps failed to update: My store apps failed to update. I went to library of Store and saw some apps needs to update however I receive error that something went wrong. I close and re open store to try again and receives the same. I have run the troubleshooter and log out then log back in then shows...
  7. Store apps failed to update

Store apps failed to update: My store apps failed to update. I went to library of Store and saw some apps needs to update however I receive error that something went wrong. I close and re open store to try again and receives the same. I have run the troubleshooter and log out then log back in then shows...
  8. Store apps failed to update

9. store keeps failing to update my apps

store keeps failing to update my apps: MS Store keeps failing to update application in my device. It says something went wrong. I been dealing with this for a week now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-keeps-failing-to-update-my-apps/27eb8623-abbb-4eb4-a69e-54da40a01219
  10. Windows Store Apps update fails

Windows Store Apps update fails: All Windows Store apps that I have fail when they are automatically updated. Here's what I just got in my event log. Event ID 20 - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070002: OneNote. When I go into the Store and look at...