Windows 10: Store Live Tile no longer works

Discus and support Store Live Tile no longer works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since 1703 & now 1709 I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period: Turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbeasto, Oct 30, 2017.

1. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Since 1703 & now 1709

I guess that's why they added the icon. *Tongue

Things that make the Store's Live Tile work for a short period:

• Turning the "Show products on tile" option off and then back on from within the Store's settings.
    • Resetting the Store.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Store with Powershell.

:)

elbeasto, Oct 30, 2017

2. Broken Live tile on Outlook calendar app

LUMIA 640 LTE, WINDOWS MOBILE 14393.321 10, after factory reset, including restoring a backup and update all apps from the STORE is broken live tile Outlook calendar. After the deletion of expired events with the tile does not update, still shows the events
    from the past that no longer are deleted or not working live tile at all. It is necessary to remove the tile from the START screen, or change the size of the tile. Events on your lock screen show properly, and to update them.

JaroslavKubát, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Batty_874 Win User
    People tile and hub no longer works

Thanks for the advice both. I had tried powering on and off and removing the battery, but to no avail Store Live Tile no longer works :( I'll do the reset and let you know if there's any problems.

Thanks again!

Batty_874, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Store Live Tile no longer works

Yes I’ve observed the same with the new icon/tile. No longer live despite the setting being on

Scottyboy99, Oct 30, 2017
  5. dzigibau Win User
    Same here. I tried everything and I thing they change tile icon to colored just to make it stay there without being live. I checked some directory, easy to find user/app data/local/packages/Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe/ or Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.../Assets and there you will find some folders with files without extension but with date from long time ago which are not live tiles downloaded for change of Microsoft Store live tile. Perhaps, nothing can be done unless Microsoft create a new update with live tile working for Microsoft Store. All other tiles work correctly.

Since Feedback Hub does not work at all (tried on three different computers), I can not send any note to Microsoft about it. Hopefully, they read this forum and they will catch this information about a bug or their intention for which we are interested to be back to have Microsoft Store live tile again.

dzigibau, Nov 11, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    That's odd - since 1709 I've found that for the first time ever I can (and have) left feedback. You see, I don't have a MS account and now I find I don't need one to leave feedback.

7. dzigibau Win User
    They put new Microsoft Store update and it started changing tiles in Start menu, but only for x64 version. In x32 Windows, it does not changing tiles. I compared settings, folder files, registry, everything is the same on both x32 and x64 versions, but in x32 Microsoft Store is the only one which does not change tiles.

Any new workaround?

dzigibau, Dec 11, 2017
  8. elbeasto Win User

I've got mine working consistently now.
    Do these 3 easy steps:

elbeasto, Mar 5, 2018
  9. Berton Win User
    There are newer, by a couple/three months, postings about the Store and a solution that is working for others and on one of my 2 IP computers [the other just needed re-pinning of the icon/tile].

Berton, Mar 5, 2018
  10. elbeasto Win User
    Please post or link to the solution that is working for others.

Thanks.

elbeasto, Mar 5, 2018
  11. Berton Win User
  12. elbeasto Win User
    Is that the same issue, seems like it's for the tile itself and or actual Store app is missing.
    Also will it work on 1709? That thread is about an experimental build.

elbeasto, Mar 6, 2018
  13. Berton Win User

I think most who have found problems with the tile can't get to the Store.

Berton, Mar 6, 2018
  14. elbeasto Win User
    Ah, I didn't realise that.
    I'm not having any problems with the Store's functionality, it's just the live tile that doesn't want to work normally.

elbeasto, Mar 6, 2018
  15. Berton Win User
    How are you getting to the Store if the tiles don't work?

Berton, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Store Live Tile no longer works - Similar Threads - Store Live Tile

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  5. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. MS Store live tile stopped working

MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  8. MS Store live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  9. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’: So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times...
  10. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218