Windows 10: Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?

Discus and support Store Not Updating Apps - WHY? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My store is not updating apps and fails every time with the same unhelpful error message: [img] I have tried everything I can think of. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leechap, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Leechap Win User

Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?

My store is not updating apps and fails every time with the same unhelpful error message:

Store Not Updating Apps - WHY? [​IMG]

I have tried everything I can think of. I thought it might be being blocked by Norton Internet Security but could not confirm that. Has anyone encountered this problem and fixed it?

HELP PLEASE

:)

Leechap, Nov 22, 2015

2. Store apps not updating

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the Store Apps do not update.

I would suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot situation and check if it helps to isolate and identify the issue. Please follow the below steps.

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run the windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Windows Store Apps options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Method 2: Reset the Store Cache.

Press on Windows key +R from the Keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.

Type in wsreset

Method 3: Please try to re-register the Store App. Run the following in a Command Window (CMD) and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 22, 2015
  3. MidgeAJ Win User
    Store apps not updating

Bumping

MidgeAJ, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?

At the moment there is no updates to do.
    When was the last time you were able too
    What was the last update you received through store apps

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Leechap Win User
    Well, the store states that there are 18 updates so not sure why you say there are no updates.

I also get the same error message when I try to apply the latest patch to windows (not the main update as that was installed fine) but the small patch after that (see below).

Same error message so I thought it must have the same cause...

Leechap, Nov 22, 2015
  6. paulsalter, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Leechap Win User
    Leechap, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?

That is why I asked you about when you last updated the store or updates
    Why I said no updates is because both my apps and windows 10 are both up to date
    The last one being last Thursday (19/11/2015
    When I have just checked I get both apps and windows 10 are both up today as of (18.30) 23/11/2015

hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  9. Leechap Win User
    Well, I also get the SAME ERROR when I attempt to install ANY NEW apps via the store as well...so there has GOT to be something going on since the one common issue is the resulting error of 0x800706D9

Here the result of simply trying to install a new app via the store:

Leechap, Nov 22, 2015
  10. hTconeM9user, Nov 22, 2015
  11. Leechap Win User
    Yes, well I already have CCleaner so your additional program which will DO NOTHING until you BUY it is really NOT a solution.

Leechap, Nov 22, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Nov 23, 2015
  13. Leechap Win User

I solved this problem.

I researched the error which was related to the windows firewall. I am using Norton Internet Security which disables and replaces the windows native firewall.

I enabled the windows firewall and all of the apps downloaded their updates (yes all 18 of them) PLUS the windows update which has failed time and time again (not the major update but the small update after that) installed perfectly as well...so the solution was to enable the windows firewall.

Not sure why Norton has not fixed this as they are supposed to (and until the threshold update) had worked and allowed apps to update as well as windows updates to be installed.

I did uninstall Norton and reinstall just in case that would help but it did not. It was not until I enabled the windows firewall was I able to finally install app updates...install new apps...and install the supplemental windows update! *Cool

Leechap, Nov 23, 2015
  14. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the follow-up.
    I'll remember that for future reference.

davidhk, Nov 23, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Store Not Updating Apps - WHY? - Similar Threads - Store Updating Apps

2. Why can't I download or update apps / games on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download or update apps / games on the Microsoft Store?: I've been trying to update my applications, but every time I do it, it says "Something happened on our end," and it always wants me to retry. But, retrying doesn't fix it. It also says "Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again...
  3. Why are the updates in Microsoft Store as big as the entire app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the updates in Microsoft Store as big as the entire app?: This is new device for me. The updates on my MacBook were only a few hundred megabytes and the two updates on this device were over 2 gigabytes and 1.96 gigabytes. This seems excessive to me. Am I doing something wrong?HP laptop running Windows 11 Home....
  4. Why are the updates in Microsoft Store as big as the entire app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the updates in Microsoft Store as big as the entire app?: This is new device for me. The updates on my MacBook were only a few hundred megabytes and the two updates on this device were over 2 gigabytes and 1.96 gigabytes. This seems excessive to me. Am I doing something wrong?HP laptop running Windows 11 Home....
  5. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  6. Why is my app not showing up in the app store?

Why is my app not showing up in the app store?: I decided to try out the embedded installer approach for my win32 app. But it doesn't show up in the Microsoft Store app, if I search for the name.Only thing I noticed is that the check mark of Packages is not green:Review has passed. But after weeks, I still can't install my...
  7. Store apps not updating

Store apps not updating: I have a growing number of Store apps whose status is ''pending'' and which are not updating. At present there are 19. I have tried to get a few to update manually but without success. Does this matter? Should I try to give them a nudge or leave them alone to update...
  8. Why does the Microsoft Store update all installed apps sometimes?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does the Microsoft Store update all installed apps sometimes?: Why does the Microsoft Store update all installed apps sometimes, but it appears that not all apps have actual valid updates, but they get put in the queue anyway. When you look at the "Modified" date after the update, the dates are not recent for a number of them. [ATTACH]...
  9. Why apps on Microsoft Store are ugly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why apps on Microsoft Store are ugly?: First of all, sorry for my English. As of 2019, why windows apps are still ugly and aesthetically not pleasing? Is it difficult in coding to get smooth transitions, animations and seamless experience in Apps? For example, have a look at Spotify App. UI is good but...
  10. App Store Updates

App Store Updates: Apps won't update. App store finds updates. Some say " something went wrong" Other updates are on pause". Any ideas how to resolve. Internet is connected 14613