Windows 10: Store software - Edge extension/s greyed out

Discus and support Store software - Edge extension/s greyed out in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; any idea what could cause this? few programs not installable, saying out that "this needs to be installed on the hard drive" - its pretty lol. it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016.

1. batlhilz Win User

Store software - Edge extension/s greyed out

any idea what could cause this? few programs not installable, saying out that "this needs to be installed on the hard drive" - its pretty lol.

it works on home computer, however ive logged my TP-bound hotmail account here on store too. some stuff i can install, some i cant. whats up with that? its mostly the extensions for Edge

:)

batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016
  2. DRGDC Win User

Windows Store Edge Extension Installation Issues

Extensions for Edge were giving me the Windows Store error 0x87E10BC5. Resetting the Store did not work, even after receiving all the updates as of 8/28/2016. What did work for me was first going to
    Apps & Features and uninstalling the apps/extensions, resetting the Store using
    wsreset.exe, going to the Windows Store to install the apps/extensions again, and finally going to Edge
    and waiting for the extension to appear. It is a bit of a concern that after Windows Store says the app/extension is installed and going to Edge
    Extensions and not seeing the extension.

DRGDC, Sep 6, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Extensions for Norton Security

That's where you're making your mistake.

Microsoft doesn't make extensions for Symantec. Symantec makes extensions for Microsoft. That's true for all browsers and all extensions.

Think of it: It's not for Microsoft to decide what features of Norton software to include in an extension. That's Symantec's decision to make. And even if it were somehow in Microsoft's power to decide what features to include, Microsoft doesn't have the
    proprietary knowledge of Symantec software that Symantec developers have in order to create an extension for Norton software.

And even if Microsoft were somehow able to acquire the proprietary knowledge possessed by Symantec's own developers (via industrial espionage?) - that's Symantec's intellectual property that Microsoft has no legal right to use.

If you don't want to use Microsoft Edge, don't use it. Won't bother anyone here. But make sure you're not using it for the right reason(s).

BulldogXX, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Sep 6, 2016
  5. batlhilz Win User
    thanks, but no luck, only says C: as it is only hard drive i have. weird issue. it looks like i have no permissions to install any extensions on the Edge, I can get normal software no problems.

might be the problem that im logging with my 0365 account and im using my personal one for the store. is there some limitations on Edge for different users?

batlhilz, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I can't answer that, maybe someone else can, sorry.*Sad

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Store software - Edge extension/s greyed out - Similar Threads - Store software Edge

2. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Greyed out!: Although my laptop is running pretty smoothly I like to do regular maintenance. I only use the Edge browser and I haven't got another one. I was looking in my apps and features, and noticed the Microsoft Edge is greyed out. I think you can normally click on repair if it is...
  3. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Greyed out!: Although my laptop is running pretty smoothly I like to do regular maintenance. I only use the Edge browser and I haven't got another one. I was looking in my apps and features, and noticed the Microsoft Edge is greyed out. I think you can normally click on repair if it is...
  4. Microsoft Edge Greyed out!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode Button Greyed Out: I am trying to switch out of S mode, but when I try the "Get" button it is greyed out. It says to check with your IT or system administrator. How can I fix this? My version is Windows 10 Home with S Mode. Do I need a different version of Windows? This is just how the laptop...
  6. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode Button Greyed Out: I am trying to switch out of S mode, but when I try the "Get" button it is greyed out. It says to check with your IT or system administrator. How can I fix this? My version is Windows 10 Home with S Mode. Do I need a different version of Windows? This is just how the laptop...
  7. S Mode Button Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows store greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store greyed out: My windows store has been greyed out for about 2 weeks, and I don't know whats causing it. It is greyed out on all accounts on my pc. I have tried the following:1.Win + RTyping :wsreset.exeRunning as administrator.I get the error:2.Win + XWindows Powershell...
  9. Windows store greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store greyed out: My windows store has been greyed out for about 2 weeks, and I don't know whats causing it. It is greyed out on all accounts on my pc. I have tried the following:1.Win + RTyping :wsreset.exeRunning as administrator.I get the error:2.Win + XWindows Powershell...
  10. Microsoft Store Greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Greyed out: [ATTACH] Windows version: [ATTACH] Yes. I have looked at every way to 'fix' this issue. The discussion is either 4-5 years old, or all of the solutions aren't working. Run CMD, fix the registry; restart the computer; add another user which is just the dumbest thing I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install microsoft edge extension greyed out