Windows 10: Storing Onenote notes locally?

Discus and support Storing Onenote notes locally? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rafikiphoto, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Storing Onenote notes locally?

When I used Evernote there was a facility to mark notes or a notebook for storage locally so they can be accessed when there is no internet connection. Is there a way to do similar in Onenote? I am using Onenote 2016 (the free one).

:)

rafikiphoto, Feb 15, 2018

2. Using onenote on SkyDrive and mobile

OK, I understand what you are doing.

Yes, a note created using the web app can open on your device and be stored there as well. I just did a test and it worked fine.

Make sure you are syncing Rufus

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Issues with Cortana 'Take a Note' and OneNote

Firstly, I love the Cortana 'Take a note' facility but it seems to have a sync problem. When I instruct Cortana to take a note it places the not in the "Quick Notes" section of my personal book. No problems with that but it seems to place it in the Quick
    Notes using the Windows 10 app version of OneNote. Sadly the OneNote app only sees to sync when it is launched so if like me you routinely use OneNote for Office you don't see the Cortana notes until you've first launched the Windows 10 app. This is also
    true for the mobile apps. Can OneNote be set to background sync when a new Cortana note is added? because if I forget to launch the Windows 10 OneNote app I don't have my notes on the move. Also I would like the option not to store the voice recording just
    the text.

Original Title: Cortana 'Take a Note' and OneNote

MeTheOtherOne, Feb 15, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Storing Onenote notes locally?

EdTittel, Feb 16, 2018
  5. It seems that one must have a paid-for Office package containing Onenote to be able to do this. I would be happy with that as my Office 2010 is getting a bit long-in-the-tooth but none of the MS packages fit my needs well so I guess I'll stick with 2010 and Evernote Plus for the time being.

rafikiphoto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Storing Onenote notes locally?

1. Storing Onenote notes locally? - Similar Threads - Storing Onenote notes

2. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  3. Onenote Deleted notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote Deleted notes: I accidentally deleted something, and was wondering where to find deleted notes- i tried the methods i found online, but I can't seem to find the "deleted notes" section in view. This is what I see:...
  4. Problems about sticky note in OneNote app

Problems about sticky note in OneNote app: I use Microsoft ‘one note’ app on iPad. The sticky note doesn’t work properly. It sometimes fixes. Please improve it. I cannot add anything in my previous sticky note....
  5. Where is OneNote stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is OneNote stored?: I wish to do a clean install of Windows 10. I have backed up and saved most of the files and folders that I wish to keep; however, I am unable to find where 'My Notebook' or 'OneNote' files are kept. The normal advice is to go to: C:>Users>Name>App...
  6. Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac

in Windows 10 Customization
    Convert local one note for 2016 to onedrive and access my the onenote app on my mac: How do I move my OneNote 2016 files stored locally on my PC and make them accessible to my OneNote app on my Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-local-one-note-for-2016-to-onedrive-and/e0862775-4c62-4737-8f93-5e2a2d880d0e
  7. Sticky Notes will soon be on OneNote, Outlook, Android, and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes will soon be on OneNote, Outlook, Android, and iOS: Sticky Notes has a big heart ! Apart from @Windows10, you will soon find your @StickyNotes on #OneNote, #Outlook, #Android and #iOS. Stay tuned for more details and happy note-taking, everyone! Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 119483
  8. Cortana fails to create note in OneNote

Cortana fails to create note in OneNote: HARDWARE: Tested with various including Surface Book, HP Envy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Book 12 OS: Windows 10 - 1803 APPS: Cortana & OneNote, all updates applied as of 8/4/2018 ISSUE: 1. Give Cortana the "new note" or "take a note" command 2. Dictate the text, e.g....
  9. OneNote app and desktop and quick notes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote app and desktop and quick notes: I'm using a Surface 3. I installed the OneNote desktop (2016 I think; OneNotes doesn't make it easy to discover which version you're using) alongside the app. Mostly I work in the desktop OneNote, but for a quick note, pressing the top of the stylus and getting straight into...
  10. Note-taking made easier for everyone - redesigning OneNote

in Windows 10 News
    Note-taking made easier for everyone - redesigning OneNote: Today, we are excited to announce that we updated the design of OneNote for Windows 10, Mac, iOS, Android and on the web. These design features, rolling out over the coming weeks, include three key areas of focus: Enhancing usability for those who use assistive...