Windows 10: Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers

Discus and support Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've got strange problem with windows automatic update of GPU drivers. Here it goes, when I am using default latest manufacturer drivers of AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Navje, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Navje Win User

Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers

Hi,
    I've got strange problem with windows automatic update of GPU drivers. Here it goes, when I am using default latest manufacturer drivers of AMD [HD7970], PC works perfectly, now when windows forces me to update his drivers of GPU, than everything goes bizarre. All of the sudden there are spikes in GPU usage when there is no application open that operates with gpu.
    Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers [​IMG]

I mostly use Photoshop and Illustrator (my profession is graphic design) and now when I open/edit a document the work area starts blinking, and blinking occurs when this spikes on gpu usage happens. This newer happened before I use latest manufacturer drivers. Is there any possibility to disable or to not update GPU drivers, or any other solution, because this thing is really annoying?!
    And yes since PS and Ai supports GPU usage, I try to disable in preferences GPU usage and problem still remains. Other programs that not support GPU usage works fine.

:)

Navje, Oct 21, 2015

2. Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) using high usage gpu?

why dwm.exe make high usange gpu?

when I play games or are designing 3D (all games)

dwm.exe rises to 80% or more in the usange gpu column. and make extreme fps drop ...

this strange usually dwm.exe just make ram or cpu usange to be high,

but now they make my usange gpu high. but my CPU, RAM and DISK are normal.

can you advise on this?

windows and my n-vidia drivers are up to date.

IksanBayuaji, Oct 21, 2015
  3. windows 10 upgrade for eee PC 1215N

I didn't test that, and I can't test anymore since I already downgraded to 7... But the only hardware that wasn't installed in Windows 10 in my case was the nvidia gpu. And the hdmi output won't work without the nvidia gpu, since it is part of it (from what
    I've heard, when using the hdmi output the nvidia gpu is always on).

If you or anyone else has upgraded to take advantage of the offer, you should really do a clean install afterwards, while I had Windows 10 (upgraded) I only had issues and the system was really slow even on startup.

Could someone that still is using Windows 10 with this pc test this:

- When having the nvidia gpu unrecognized with the default gpu driver from windows, on the device manager, update driver manually and select the default gpu driver (low resolution), and after that test if the 257.43 driver from Asus installs?

Daniel_94PT, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Navje Win User
    Thanks Brink it helped *Cool

Navje, Oct 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange acting of GPU when Windows forces update GPU drivers - Similar Threads - Strange acting GPU

2. Blank screen and forced gpu driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen and forced gpu driver update: I have a Z270i Asus mini itx motherboard with a i5 7600k processor and a MSI 1660ti gpu. And have had continuous issues with blank screens on boot up. I've found the only way round is to run the first three graphics drivers for this Gpu made. But recently I've also found that...
  3. Blank screen and forced gpu driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen and forced gpu driver update: I have a Z270i Asus mini itx motherboard with a i5 7600k processor and a MSI 1660ti gpu. And have had continuous issues with blank screens on boot up. I've found the only way round is to run the first three graphics drivers for this Gpu made. But recently I've also found that...
  4. Blank screen and forced gpu driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. GPU acting strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU acting strangely: Before I begin, here are the details of my device:OS: Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X512JA_F512JACPU: Intel Core i3-1005G1 @1.20GHzGPU: Intel UHD Graphics, I'm not sure if more detailed specifications are neededSo basically...
  6. GPU acting strangely

GPU acting strangely: Before I begin, here are the details of my device:OS: Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model: VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X512JA_F512JACPU: Intel Core i3-1005G1 @1.20GHzGPU: Intel UHD Graphics, I'm not sure if more detailed specifications are neededSo basically...
  7. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  8. GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.

GPU Drivers for Adreno 618 GPU.: I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Book Go, and have been getting errors when opening some games, such as Minecraft Java, saying that I need to update my graphics drivers in order to play. I've been looking for over a week and have not found anything about updated drivers or any...
  9. GPU driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPU driver: So I had some problems with my GPU driver. I install the correct GPU driver today's morning and it worked perfectly fine. task manager is showing it, armoury create is showing it. and everything is working. until I came back from school and I wanted to change my Nvidia...
  10. Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for amd gpu driver ?: I have an amd 7970 top edition card.. I use the amd radeon settings for driver updates.. The settings say I have driver 18.8.1 installed and that there is a new driver 18.5.1 recommended to install, plus an optional 18.8.2.. I have windows update open and it says that there...