Windows 10: Strange App

Discus and support Strange App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know what this App is (red arrow)? It's on my Administrator's Start Menu, but not my Standard's Start Menu. And I cannot get rid of it! 101995 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CJW, Jan 8, 2018.

1. CJW
    CJW Win User

Strange App

Anyone know what this App is (red arrow)? It's on my Administrator's Start Menu, but not my Standard's Start Menu. And I cannot get rid of it!

:)

2. Strange App behaviorHel

Hello guys.

I bought a new Lumia 950, flashed the New Firmware and Software and this worked for a few Days, then ma Device Management Remote Tool stoped working, my Host Webbrowser says that the Connection is reseted.

Ok, i do a Hard Reset, everything worked fine but than unexpectedly Facebook Stopped Connecting, the Xbox App crash after Start and the Maps App starts but i can not do Anything on the Appbar, just swype on the map and after a few seconds the Maps App crashed
    too.

So i Flashed it again, everything worked fine till the next morning, than the Same Problem. It isnt on my 930, it isnt on my 550 and i have no plan how i can fix.

Anyone have an idea?

Alexmitter, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Chari San Win User
    Strange App behaviorHel

Hello there,
    Alexmitter
    ! Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

About your concern, you can only use official Microsoft applications to upgrade or update your Windows Mobile operating system. An example of this is the
    Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app or the Windows Device Recovery Tool. You may want to revert it back to its original firmware, if it's still possible. And please be guided accordingly on your phone's
    Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty on this
    link
    , specifically on the information that states:

3. What this warranty does not cover

2. Any (i) third party software, settings, content, data, or links installed or downloaded onto your Product at any time, or (ii) Manufacturer and third party services or enabling clients even if preinstalled by Manufacturer (please read
    the terms and conditions that may accompany the services as those will define your rights and obligations);

Reach us again for further assistance.

Chari San, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Strange App

That look's like the Get Office app, and by the looks of it it's not fully installed. Click on it to open it and it may complete the install. If you'd rather not open it, then a right-click and select 'Rate this...' may also trigger the completion.

Bree, Jan 8, 2018
  5. CJW
    CJW Win User
    Some success.

I clicked the entry & a new item showed up on the Start Menu (My Office). The original entry I asked about did disappear from the Start Menu. I can now Right-Click the My Office entry & select Uninstall, but nothing happens; My Office stays on the Start Menu.
    I checked the Start Menu's folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) but My Office is not listed, is there a registry entry for this?

Thema:

Strange App

1. Strange App - Similar Threads - Strange App

2. Can't uninstall strange app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall strange app: HiI can't uninstall strange app which change name between numbers and chinese letters. Do i even need uninstall that app and how I can do it, if need? I have run virus scan and no can't found it and I have done system recovery....
  3. Can't uninstall strange app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall strange app: HiI can't uninstall strange app which change name between numbers and chinese letters. Do i even need uninstall that app and how I can do it, if need? I have run virus scan and no can't found it and I have done system recovery....
  4. How do I fix the strange color bug on my windows 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the strange color bug on my windows 10 apps?: So I have this problem where some, not all, of my applications on Windows 10 appear with strange inverted or what I can only assume are colorblind colors?It's so specific that I haven't been able to find anyone online with the same problem. I have already tried making reddit...
  5. How do I fix the strange color bug on my windows 10 apps?

How do I fix the strange color bug on my windows 10 apps?: So I have this problem where some, not all, of my applications on Windows 10 appear with strange inverted or what I can only assume are colorblind colors?It's so specific that I haven't been able to find anyone online with the same problem. I have already tried making reddit...
  6. How do I fix the strange color bug on my windows 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. What causes Strange language and apps not working?

What causes Strange language and apps not working?: My laptop is showing my folders pictures ..mostly everything in a weird language and when I enter my settings to try to resolve this problem my settings do not open...
  8. What causes Strange language and apps not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes Strange language and apps not working?: My laptop is showing my folders pictures ..mostly everything in a weird language and when I enter my settings to try to resolve this problem my settings do not open...
  9. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...
  10. App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled

App with strange size and name can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 2.7TB app with Chinese name, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, again but with new characters and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. My disk size is far from TB...