Windows 10: Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Discus and support Strange Audio issue. Help please. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LoneStrider18, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU Ver.1703 OS Build 15063.138. My Motherboard is a ROG Maximus VI. Everything was perfect, but now I must uncheck center speaker to get audio out of the center speaker, which is backwards as you could expect. I have tried turning off all sound effects/enhancements, made sure voice cancellation is off, and done just about everything I could find which wasn't much. The pics below are to show how I have it set up currently just as a clearer picture. If anymore info is needed I will try to provide best I can. I have also provided a DxDiag. Sorry about the long post I don't know how to do a spoiler thing or click here to see thing.

Strange Audio issue. Help please. [​IMG]

DxDiag.txt

:)

LoneStrider18, Apr 19, 2017
  2. Chessgoat Win User

Headphone jack isn't working properly

Hmm I think I managed to fix the issue. Thanks for the help! It seems the audio driver wasn't actually updated for some strange reason...

Chessgoat, Apr 19, 2017
  3. Please, Please Help! Strange 'Open-padlock' icon when making calls???

Thank you so much Scoobyman for yoir reply-

first-off, its just a relief to finally know what it is (Now why werent Nokia UK Customer Services able to tell me thats what it was?!)

So exactly does it mean that my connection isnt 'secure'?

Could it be that the dodgy Spam bluetooth message I receive did indeed have a virus/hack in it? Is this 'open padlock' icon likely to have been there before then and im just noticing it now?

So, if my call connection isnt 'secure', what can I and what should I do?

I have heard you can take your phone to a Nokia/T-Mobile store where they can reformat your phone (although you lose you text messages and contacts in the process so will need to repopulate your Contacts list once done) - should I go down this route?

Also, if my connection isnt secure, does that means its an issue with the phone, or the network/SIM card i.e. If im looking to get a new handset soon which I am, if i put my existing SIM in my new phone, would that rectify this issue or is the 'not secure connection'
    issue, an issue with the SIM and so would carry over to the new phone if I used this same SIM card in it??

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with advice and thanks again Scoobyman

giusepp-v

giuseppe_v---01, Apr 19, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Try without any sound effects.

CountMike, Apr 19, 2017
  5. Already did.

LoneStrider18, Apr 20, 2017
  6. I had the same problem, I downloaded the latest nihamic 2 software and it fixed it up beautifully...
    give it a try

Submariner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange Audio issue. Help please.

1. Strange Audio issue. Help please. - Similar Threads - Strange Audio issue

2. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  3. Audio issues, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues, please help!: I was hoping someone here could possibly help me. I was about to hop onto a game with some friends, and plugged in my AKG earbuds as I normally do, however my computer isn't detecting them at all, anywhere. A small box pops up and asks "What device are you using", as it...
  4. Please help with audio issues

Please help with audio issues: So I have the volume mixer pulled up, i play a video or someone talks in discord and it turns every other application in the volume mixer down, but keeps the one that’s playing audio at its %100 level i disabled sound effects in enhancements and that didn’t seem to help, i...
  5. Strange Issue after windows update. please help.

Strange Issue after windows update. please help.: Does anybody else had some strange issues on windows 10 after update? I have a workstation that has problems connecting on the share. but after restarting that workstation it works fine. The funny thing is that. when you do a restart in the middle of the day or shutdown. it...
  6. I'm having a strange audio issue

I'm having a strange audio issue: I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried troubleshooting it through windows, and getting the update that it suggested. I tried different versions of the Realtek...
  7. Audio Issues.....PLEASE HELP!

Audio Issues.....PLEASE HELP!: Hi everyone. So, I like to game on my PC crossplatform with my friends on xbox and we chat via xbox party chat. The only problem is that they complain that they can hear everything going on behind me (TV, chatter, dogs, etc...). I thought that I would try to adjust the...
  8. Help, strange video issues

Help, strange video issues: I am using the video built into my CPU on a Gigabyte Z390. It is using a Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver. On my screen I am having random blurring and tearing of small areas. It's not always the same area. When I boot into Ubuntu I have no problem. This leads me to believe I...
  9. Audio driver issues, Please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver issues, Please help: Hi, this is my first time posting and I thought i could solve this issue but its really starting to annoy me. Basically when you change the volume in youtube or similar things like spotify, even if its almost silent, the sound becomes louder on its own. The volume on youtube...
  10. Strange visual issue- help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange visual issue- help!: [img] [img] This just started today- it begun up the top of the windows and is really strange, and small grey boxes (the grey boxes in Firefox at least)- I'm not sure what's going on, especially since I've been able to run The Old Republic (a game) pretty much...