Windows 10: Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k

Discus and support Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so this started all of a sudden with no warning or anything. I was playing a game while listening to music on WMP, then suddenly my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lscarl, Jul 24, 2017.

1. lscarl Win User

Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k

Okay so this started all of a sudden with no warning or anything. I was playing a game while listening to music on WMP, then suddenly my computer started freezing up and being slow. The audio would cut in and out of WMP, and Discord a VOIP app. I finally restarted my computer because I couldn't get WMP or Foobar to play an audio. After the reboot WMP and Foobar 2k still won't play audio without it stopping for 3-5 seconds every 30 seconds or so. This is so strange because it only happens in those media players as far as I know, it's not an issue with games, with chrome, or even with Ableton Live 9. What gives? Currently in the process of doing a driver sweep, and starting off fresh. Oh btw I'm running a FiiO e07k USB head amp as my audio processor, I've also tried a cheap roccat juke plug n play thing with the same issue so I want to say it's clearly not a driver issue? IDK this is so annoying, any help would be amazing.

IF it matters

Mobo: Asrock 990 extreme 4
    CPU: AMD FX 8350

:)

lscarl, Jul 24, 2017

2. windows phone 8 video player

He is correct. I use VLC for my Windows Machine, as most MS video, audio, media software is simply out of touch. VLC is it for local playing of videos, or anything else really. I use Foobar for audio though.

sssssddddddddd, Jul 24, 2017
  3. RDrewD2 Win User
    Burn Audio Disc Windows Media Player 12

Toolman,

I like WMP, but it isn't a file converter. To burn them as mp3, you'd have to start all over with your audio discs and import them in mp3 format. If you already have them stored in wav format, easiest route is to download a third-party converter or player
    that has conversion capabilities. ITunes has the ability to convert most audio files to mp3, but BY FAR my favorite is foobar 2000; it'll convert any format into any other format you want. It's the "music snob's" freeware, and since you said your library
    was all wav files, you probably qualify (same here). Giving up precious hard drive space for audio quality is a sacrifice I'm comfortable with... Cheers.

Download foobar2000

RDrewD2, Jul 24, 2017
  4. lscarl Win User

UPDATE!

Found the problem, it was the hard drive... It seems to be slowing down my entire system, pretty bummer how I found this out AFTER reinstalling windows :c OH WELL

lscarl, Jul 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k - Similar Threads - Strange Audio Issue

2. Intermittent Audio Issues: Cybernetic squirrel-voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Audio Issues: Cybernetic squirrel-voice.: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  3. Intermittent Audio Issues: Cybernetic squirrel-voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues: Cybernetic squirrel-voice.: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  4. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  5. Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Audio Issues Squirrels: I've got a super weird technical issue that I wanted to share with you folks, to see if my thinking is correct. A laptop I'm working on has an intermittent issue that causes my voice to become high-pitched it's like listening to a high-pitched cybernetic squirrel, that...
  6. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  7. Intermittent bluetooth audio

Intermittent bluetooth audio: Hey community need help My laptop model is 15r203Tx and the same model is of my brother's laptop. Yet on his laptop my bluetooth earphone work perfectly fine. But on my laptop, it gives intermittent audio. Only on a specific orientation of the headphones, i can hear...
  8. I'm having a strange audio issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm having a strange audio issue: I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried troubleshooting it through windows, and getting the update that it suggested. I tried different versions of the Realtek...
  9. Strange audio issues windows 10

Strange audio issues windows 10: For better audio quality I use a mixer program called Voicemeeter Banana. This has worked very well for me but strange issues have popped up only to go away and then show up again. I have tried uninstalling Voicemeeter and the issues still persist which tells me this is a...
  10. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Strange Audio issue. Help please.: So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU...