Windows 10: Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service

Discus and support Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So here's my audio setup. I have a GTX970 which is connected via HDMI 2.0 to my Vizio M70-C3 tv. My Vizio 5.1 Soundbar is connected via the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winneh da Pu, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service

Hi,

So here's my audio setup.

I have a GTX970 which is connected via HDMI 2.0 to my Vizio M70-C3 tv. My Vizio 5.1 Soundbar is connected via the included HDMI cable from the soundbar to the ARC hdmi port on the TV.

What is happening is that I'll go away from my PC for 5-10 minutes to 8hrs and when I come back and try to play a movie or watch any video online (youtube) there is no sound. But when I restart the "Windows Audio" service, sound comes back on.

I tried setting the TV's CEC function to ARC only but I still encounter the same issue. I also changed the power settings on my PC so that the screen and PC don't shut down, but when I turn off the TV, which also turns off the soundbar (which I do when leaving for work) the problem arises and I lose sound again.

I ran the Windows Audio Troubleshooter and selected the Realtek sound option but it told me that no devices are connected.

Any ideas at all on how to fix this?

:)

Winneh da Pu, Mar 13, 2017

2. losing sound in windows 10

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this issue? I have the same recurring issue with the sound dropping out. I found a quick solution (but not permanent). It appears to be a problem with the Windows Audio Services. You must restart the Windows Audio Endpoint
    (which relies on the Windows Audio Service) and then restart the Windows Audio Service. I hope that Microsoft can come up with a permanent solutions soon.

Press Windows + X -> Computer Management -> Services and Applications -> Services -> Windows Audio Endpoint-> Stop. Then Click on the Windows Audio-> Start. Refresh your webpage and the sound will resume.

Quick_Fix_Tech, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Volume Icon Not Responding

I ran the SFC tool and no problems were found. When I started the computer today the volume slider and USB icon had returned but now there is a red cross by the volume icon and it says the audio service is not running. However I can still play audio and
    I checked Windows services and the Windows Audio service status is running. I stopped Windows Audio service and restarted it but on the taskbar it still says audio service not running even though audio can still play.

Screentan#1, Mar 13, 2017
Thema:

Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service

1. Strange audio problem that requires restart of Windows Audio service - Similar Threads - Strange audio problem

2. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  3. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  4. Strange Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issues: For over 2 years, I had a G933 headset that worked great. It eventually started repeatedly updating the firmware until the pc no longer could connect to it. I went out and got another headset that ended up sounding very bad. Along with changing some settings in an attempt to...
  5. Strange Skype / Windows (?) Audio Problem.

Strange Skype / Windows (?) Audio Problem.: I have been successfully using Skype just about forever. Now suddenly when I make a Skype-out call after the line starts to ring I get audio but it is very weak. I cannot adjust the volume with the windows sliders or Skype settings. The sound reminds me of someone...
  6. Strange audio problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange audio problems: I haven’t been on my pc in a while but when I was on it last (these didn’t happen on the same day) some things happened, I heard audio crackles while booting my pc, after the boot I Heard a Windows usb disconnection sound, and once I was listening to music, doing a full...
  7. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio: My laptop Audio doesn't work as soon as I start my Windows... I have to make a restart of the laptop to make the audio work.. Can someone help me on solving this issue!! Thank you!!...
  8. Strange audio problem on Windows 10

Strange audio problem on Windows 10: I keep having this strange problem with any headphones plugged into my computer where the audio doesn't work at all but if I mute then unmute the volume while a sound is playing it magically starts working again, but then if I stop the audio on my computer and then try and...
  9. Strange audio error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange audio error: I recently formatted my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10. I went ahead and installed my Realtek audio drivers which enabled the usage of my audio device. What is happening now is - that when I start an audio stream (YouTube, Game, Video) it starts off quite loud...
  10. Trouble restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble restarting Windows Audio service: Recently, my audio stopped working on my computer. I went into services.msc and saw that Windows Audio Service wasn't running. I tried to restart it, but the "Restart" button and other buttons are all grayed out and I am unable to choose any of them. I'm not sure how to fix...