Windows 10: Strange Behavior of Shutdown

Discus and support Strange Behavior of Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just recently I've been experiencing strange behavior whenever I shutdown. These events happen seemingly randomly: 1. It says Shutting Down, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wasAguru, Jun 13, 2017.

1. wasAguru Win User

Strange Behavior of Shutdown

Just recently I've been experiencing strange behavior whenever I shutdown. These events happen seemingly randomly:
    1. It says Shutting Down, the progress circle is moving, but it never shuts down and the Shutting Down screen
    stays that way for hours. I have to hold the power button down to shut down.
    OR SOMETIMES
    2. It displays the Shutting Down screen for a short time, the screen goes blank, the fan stops, but the power light
    stays on for hours. I have to hold the power button down to shut down.
    OR SOMETIMES
    3. It does fully shut down, but then a few minutes later it powers up and the login screen is displayed. If I then
    login and click on shutdown it does actually shut down.
    AND OCASSIONLLY
    4. It works correctly the 1st time!

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

I'm running Win 10 Home. v1703 Build:15063.332 on an HP Envy Lap Top.

:)

wasAguru, Jun 13, 2017

2. Strange behavior

The discussion about mobile phones and radiation is already a few years ongoing.

But that doesn't explain the behavior of my mobile phone.

The random "micro wave" radiation which causes a lot of heat on the skin and drains the batteries in a few minutes is likely to be caused by a program.

A program which seems to activate some frequenties which are not activated in normal use.

Old_crow---01, Jun 13, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    CJLim, Jun 13, 2017
  4. Strange Behavior of Shutdown

Hi wasAguru. Welcome to the TenForums @wasAguru

Is anything being report in Reliability History?

Might be related to Fast Start Up.

Next time you shutdown hold the shift key down and then click shutdown. This bypasses the Fast Start Up processing and shuts Windows down completely.

If that works then you can explore fixes to Fast Start Up. That said if you use an SSD you might just say disable it.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 13, 2017
  5. wasAguru Win User
    Thanks. I will disable Fast Startup and see if that has any effect. I do have an SSD so it should boot fast in any case.

wasAguru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange Behavior of Shutdown

1. Strange Behavior of Shutdown - Similar Threads - Strange Behavior Shutdown

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  6. Strange keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange keyboard behavior: Running windows 10 64bit latest update 1909 Build 18363.778 Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard with the MS Mouse and Keyboard Tools Software installed. Physical Keyboard layout = German QWERTZ with german Umlauts OS language is set to English, I had the...
  7. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  8. Strange laptop behavior...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange laptop behavior...: Lately my laptop has been acting very strange. Sometimes when I log in or restart my laptop when it opens the desktop background is the default, and I'm not logged into chrome. It is like I'm opening a new laptop. The files and music I download is gone and the games I have...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...