Windows 10: Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

Discus and support Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following the installation of the latest W10 system update, I am having a weird issue. Update was made in order to get MSoft Ad Blocker. Issue started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickeyboat, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

Following the installation of the latest W10 system update, I am having a weird issue. Update was made in order to get MSoft Ad Blocker. Issue started a couple days after the update. This does not happen with any web browser content, with 3 different browsers tried. It happens with System pop up windows that contain boxes of numbers-(example print pop up windows where you select the number of copies and what pages to print for example). It happens to stand alone programs like Quicken with many boxes of numbers. When they are first loaded everything works normal. However when the wireless mouse or touch pad on my laptop are moved anywhere on the screen, boxes of numbers start to be blacked out with weird black bars as the cursor is moved. I am talking about pages of black bars covering numbers. To make it even more strange, if I restart my computer everything works perfect for a while (hours or a day or two), then the problem starts again. Nothing else is blacked out with black lines, only the numbers. The bars are not continuous, but look like an intermittent bar, but still enough to totally mask what is under the bar. I thought it may be connected to my wireless mouse, but unplugged it and problem is still the same. My first thought was that I had some kind of virus so I installed a good antivirus program but that did not solve the issue (Emsisoft).

Anyone seen this problem before and how did you solve it.

:)

mickeyboat, Oct 7, 2016

2. Black Bars Covering Text on Titlebar

Hi,

I recently upgraded to windows 10, and in every application, There is black covering the program name on the title bar. I have contacted an employee at microsoft and all he did was create a new user... If anyone else has a solution
    PLEASE Let me know. I have also tried going to
    Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization yet nothing works Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information :(. Help Please

Voicingspy, Oct 7, 2016
  3. TomBrody Win User
    Problem with BLACK BAR covering bottom third of screen

A week ago on about March 14, 2016, Windows 10 automatically downloaded on my computer. The result is that Windows 10 damaged many of the features of my computer. I have managed to find a work-around to some of the damage that was caused by Windows 10,
    but not the problem of the black horizontal bar. The black horizontal bar covers bottom third of my screen. A black horizontal bar about one inch tall resided at the bottom of the screen, shortly after Windows 10 installed itself. Then, I manually lifted
    up the bar, using the mouse. But now I cannot make the black bar go down again. Truly, this is preventing me from doing my daytime job. The black bar that covers the lower third of my screen is about five inches tall. This is a severe problem.

TomBrody, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

1. Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information - Similar Threads - Strange Black Bars

2. Strange thing on the cortana search bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange thing on the cortana search bar: I don't know why when i wanted to search an app in the search bar, the icons and text don't align normally. And I don't know what to do to fix it! Here's the pic: [ATTACH]...
  3. Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange "chrome.exe" bar next to volume bar Windows 10: So today I was watching YouTube in the Chrome browser on Windows 10 Build 1903 (the latest May 2019). I noticed that when I change the volume, rather than there just being the normal volume bar, there was an annoying overlay with the text: "chrome.exe". I don't know if this...
  4. Task bar covers bottom of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar covers bottom of window: Until recently my desk top and windows never went behind the taskbar, now when a window is maximized, the bottom scroll bar is behind the task bar. How can I limit the desk top to real estate NOT covered by the task bar?...
  5. October Update Game Bar System Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    October Update Game Bar System Information: The Game Bar is now supposed to show information such as FPS, CPU usage, RAM usage, etc. However mine shows none of this. I understand my system is not the latest but there is still a dedicated GPU in there so would think that aspect would work. Just wondering if anyone else...
  6. Black Bar under the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Bar under the taskbar.: Hello,dear Microsoft community!I got backed from a trip 2 days ago and when I started the computer I saw a black bar under the taskbar which isn't removing.I tried a post by a guy from the community which isn't working.[ATTACH]So...When I screenshotted it on PC its not...
  7. Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome loads with Black Bar or Black Page?: I've set Chrome to use Google as my home page. I've noticed since the last update that on first loading, I often get a broad black bar along the top of the screen or a black Chrome window. All is fine when I click the Home button and I see the Google page OK. Is this a bug in...
  8. PC Information Bar on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Information Bar on Login Screen: At my school everything is managed by RM. On the logon screen we have a little bar at the top that has some text (Dudley Grid for Learning) and then on the right there is info about the OS, connectivity and the PC name. There is also a more button- when this is clicked it...
  9. Black bar in monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar in monitor: Hi there. I have a strange issue. I installed W10 recently and everything works fine now. However, I found something pretty strange in my screen monitor. The problem is last horizontal lines are in pure black — just as if there wasn't anything. For example, when you...
  10. Black Bar top

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Bar top: I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens: [img] A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas? 47307