Windows 10: Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

Discus and support Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following the installation of the latest W10 system update, I am having a weird issue. Update was made in order to get MSoft Ad Blocker. Issue started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mickeyboat, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

Following the installation of the latest W10 system update, I am having a weird issue. Update was made in order to get MSoft Ad Blocker. Issue started a couple days after the update. This does not happen with any web browser content, with 3 different browsers tried. It happens with System pop up windows that contain boxes of numbers-(example print pop up windows where you select the number of copies and what pages to print for example). It happens to stand alone programs like Quicken with many boxes of numbers. When they are first loaded everything works normal. However when the wireless mouse or touch pad on my laptop are moved anywhere on the screen, boxes of numbers start to be blacked out with weird black bars as the cursor is moved. I am talking about pages of black bars covering numbers. To make it even more strange, if I restart my computer everything works perfect for a while (hours or a day or two), then the problem starts again. Nothing else is blacked out with black lines, only the numbers. The bars are not continuous, but look like an intermittent bar, but still enough to totally mask what is under the bar. I thought it may be connected to my wireless mouse, but unplugged it and problem is still the same. My first thought was that I had some kind of virus so I installed a good antivirus program but that did not solve the issue (Emsisoft).

Anyone seen this problem before and how did you solve it.

:)

mickeyboat, Oct 7, 2016

2. Black Bars Covering Text on Titlebar

Hi,

I recently upgraded to windows 10, and in every application, There is black covering the program name on the title bar. I have contacted an employee at microsoft and all he did was create a new user... If anyone else has a solution
    PLEASE Let me know. I have also tried going to
    Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization yet nothing works Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information :(. Help Please

Voicingspy, Oct 7, 2016
  3. TomBrody Win User
    Problem with BLACK BAR covering bottom third of screen

A week ago on about March 14, 2016, Windows 10 automatically downloaded on my computer. The result is that Windows 10 damaged many of the features of my computer. I have managed to find a work-around to some of the damage that was caused by Windows 10,
    but not the problem of the black horizontal bar. The black horizontal bar covers bottom third of my screen. A black horizontal bar about one inch tall resided at the bottom of the screen, shortly after Windows 10 installed itself. Then, I manually lifted
    up the bar, using the mouse. But now I cannot make the black bar go down again. Truly, this is preventing me from doing my daytime job. The black bar that covers the lower third of my screen is about five inches tall. This is a severe problem.

TomBrody, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

1. Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information - Similar Threads - Strange Black Bars

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  5. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  6. Windows 10 Search Bar Covered

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Covered: My search screen is covered by something black while I am searching. When I click outside of the search bar everything looks normal.How can I solve this issue....
  7. Black highlight covering windows search and password bars.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black highlight covering windows search and password bars.: submitted by /u/ChunkyChud [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le3usq/black_highlight_covering_windows_search_and/
  8. Strange web bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange web bar: [ATTACH] Since a half year this dead searchbar appears , if i tap outside google search bar. Belongs this to Mozilla browser? I used Avira Prime Antivirus, Malware bytes antiadware, CCleaner - there is no addition to mozilla browser and i found no extraprogramm in the...
  9. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  10. strange numeric letters

strange numeric letters: have tried to open a saved document under wordpad. when opening it it shows up as numeric and special charecters. what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-numeric-letters/a8b13dd8-7abf-47b3-8841-5f2740a28a30