Windows 10: Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

Discus and support Strange BSOD after the Creators Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello friends! Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Molokon, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Molokon Win User

Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

Hello friends!

Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and related to the file ntoskrnl.exe. This error always followed the same pattern: it happens when I turn on the laptop after a long time of inactivity, before entering Windows, and after 5 seconds it restarts the computer automatically and performs a check of the disk. After that, Windows runs smoothly and I can turn off or restart the laptop as many times as I want without the error reappearing.

Now, for some strange reason, this BSOD stopped appearing and instead another error has emerged with almost the same manifestations. In this case, it also usually happens when I turn on the laptop after a long period of inactivity, but in this case the error arises as follows: the laptop manages to enter Windows (unlike the previous error that occurred before the screen Access to the session), after 15 seconds the laptop freezes and reboots automatically. After that, on the screen where the logo of my laptop (Lenovo Y700) comes out, it takes a little more than normal and puts a message saying that a disk check will be performed, however this supposed analysis of the disk is very short and I can only see something like blah blah (// System Partition) blah blah. As with the previous error, I can restart or shut down the laptop as many times as I want and it does not happen again. After the second error mode started to occur, it stopped producing dump files so there are only two dump files stored.

I apologize for the lengthy text and for my bad English.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachment 131570

:)

Molokon, Apr 22, 2017
  2. RVilla51 Win User

Windows 10 Kernel mode trap

Hardware : Laptop Dell Inspiron 3442.

Ran all diagnostics like mdsched.exe. no problem with memory. My BSOD only occur after updating to Creators Update for Windows 10. Please help

RVilla51, Apr 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 After creators update BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (OS Version: 15063.13)

After installing creators update through update assistant, getting"BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" when my laptop going on shutdown process. Please revert this issue. OS Version: 15063.13.

senthil_kumar_666, Apr 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Molokon,

Please reinstall or remove Avira, it looks like to have caused the 0x50(page_fault) crash.

Check Lenovo for audio driver updates, the Sonido Intel(R) para pantallas looks to be causing the 0x7E(system_thread) crash.

5. Molokon Win User
    Well, I just uninstalled Avira and changed the sound driver by downloading the latest version offered by the manufacturer (Lenovo) page, although that version is older than the one I had previously installed.I guess by turning on the laptop tomorrow I can confirm if the problem persists.

Thank you very much for the help!

UPDATE: For the first time I managed to reproduce the error. I closed the lid on the laptop and let the computer go into sleep. The first thing that happened was that the cursor and the entire system was frizzed for 5 seconds to then restart Windows, suspecting that the cause might be related to that I kept trying to do the same, and on the second occasion everything was spawned again but, in Instead of restarting automatically, it stayed like this for a long time, in the end I had to restart it manually.

This makes me think that this problem would be related to Windows sleep or hibernate options.

Molokon, Apr 23, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. philc43 Win User
    Let me know if you need any further help while @axe0 is away.

philc43, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Molokon Win User

A clean installation of Window fixed all the problems but thank you very much for offering your help!

Molokon, Apr 25, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    That's good news - please mark this thread as solved *Smile

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange BSOD after the Creators Update - Similar Threads - Strange BSOD Creators

2. BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD loop after unsuccessful update to Windows 10 Creator Update: Hi everyone, recently I tried serveral ways to update my Windows 10 to the newest version. After trying using bootable USB created using Media Creation Tool, I encountered a serious issue - I am unable to boot to Windows - I am getting BSOD with SERVICE_CRITICAL_FAILURE...
  3. EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Browser Acting Strange Since Fall Creators Update.: For some reason EDGE is no longer allowing me to log into my bank account. Enter all info, click "Log In" and nothing happens at all. It's just like my mouse pointer is a ghost. With Firefox, I log in as usual. No problem. I'm experiencing this same "no response" from...
  4. BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Fall Creators Update [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL]: First time this happened, I was playing Wolfenstein 2 and I assumed it was the game. However, this happened just 5 minutes ago again and I was on my desktop. I'm suspicious it's my GPU undervolt on the new AMD drivers. The BSOD happened in the game on 17.10.2, and I'm...
  5. Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update: Hi everyone, After the latest W10 creators update, I have started to get various BSOD. It can happen in a few hours or a few minutes after I turn on my laptop. I have a gaming laptop with Windows 10 PRO 64bit which never had problems before the Creator Update. Specs:...
  6. BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8

BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8: Hello. I'm having BSODs and other problems like start menu not working after upgrading to v1709. The strange thing is that BSODs occur only when pc turns on, meaning no BSOD when I restart. I even tried a clean install from different 1709 .ISO and still getting BSODs....
  7. Many BSOD since Creator update?

Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  8. BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f

BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f: I have a dell xps 14 z laptop. It originally came with windows 7. I took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade when it came out a while ago. Laptop was running well until I did a large windows 10 update (I believe it was the creator update) a few days ago. Immediately...
  9. Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update: Hi all, Since the Creator's Update, Cortana has been behaving strangely on my machine. Specifically, when asking Cortana to launch programs, and even more specifically when there are several possible options. So, with Skype, just to take one example, the conversation USED...
  10. BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations

BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations: I've never seen this bsod before wondering if anyone has any insight? Thanks!CHRIS-PC-Sat_10_28_2017__02243_72.zip 96630