Windows 10: Strange "cannot connect" issue

Discus and support Strange "cannot connect" issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three PC's all the same version of Windows 10 ( the latest ). After a recent update the network needed repairing, and that I did with the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davefaz, Jun 18, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Strange "cannot connect" issue

I have three PC's all the same version of Windows 10 ( the latest ). After a recent update the network needed repairing, and that I did with the help from people on this forum. However, one issue remains. I have PC's A, B, C. When PC B very first attempts to view folder information from PC A, it comes back with "unable to connect" then the second time I try it works fine, with no explanation as to why it failed the first time. All other routes work fine first time ie, B to C, C to A, only B to A fails and only first time.
    Any ideas?

:)

davefaz, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 19, 2018
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange "cannot connect" issue - Similar Threads - Strange cannot connect

2. Strange connection issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange connection issues on Windows 10: Hello, so I’ve been having this issue for a few weeks now and can’t figure out why.Quite a few different things are happening which all seem related. When I’m browsing the internet certain sites just refuse to load, if I run a VPN they work perfectly fine and they’re...
  3. Strange connection issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange connection issues on Windows 10: Hello, so I’ve been having this issue for a few weeks now and can’t figure out why.Quite a few different things are happening which all seem related. When I’m browsing the internet certain sites just refuse to load, if I run a VPN they work perfectly fine and they’re...
  4. Strange connection issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Strange connectivity issue with Xbox Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange connectivity issue with Xbox Controller: Hi all, hopefully it's okay to post my question here I've got a really strange issue on my PC where my Xbox one controller isn't recognised by the front IO. When I connect via micro-USB it doesn't light up and if I press the xbox button it starts flashing white but no...
  6. Strange internet connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange internet connectivity issues: So i’m running windows 10 on my alienware alpha that i’ve had for 5ish years now, and i’ve had this issue for about 3 months now. For a while, i wouldn’t be able to connect to my WiFi if i put my pc on standby. It would say theres no connections available, so when i would...
  7. Most strange connection issue ever posted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most strange connection issue ever posted: Hello, My Asus N550JV has a strange problem with the connection with internet. See pictures below. According to the network status, there is no internet large picture If I click on Available Networks, you'll get the picture of status tray. This shows only the option to...
  8. Strange connection issue with Bluetooth on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange connection issue with Bluetooth on Windows 10: Bluetooth disappeared one day and it took me a while to get it back. Its back now, however, it will not pair with either my Xbox one controller now nor will it connect to my 8bitdo SF30 Pro which had worked fine the day prior. Bluetooth WILL connect to other devices such as...
  9. Strange issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue: Greetings, I have a strange issue with my PC lately. It occurs when I'm playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive around 6-12 PM. My PC restarts randomly around that time, only WHEN I'm playing that game, and ONLY around that time interval. I've checked with EventViewer...
  10. Strange Network Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Network Connection issue: Hi, I am running Windows 10 home edition for X64 based systems version 10.0.17134 on an Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet. In the evening, I always shut down the wifi and I close the lid on the tablet which seems to put the device into hibernation mode. In the morning, I power on...