Windows 10: Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version.

Discus and support Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am clean installing W10 x86 for a friend (2Gb RAM Toshiba Satellite Notebook) and I keep getting this weird failed update. [img] [img] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mooly, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version.

I am clean installing W10 x86 for a friend (2Gb RAM Toshiba Satellite Notebook) and I keep getting this weird failed update.

Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version. [​IMG]

Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version. [​IMG]

I sort of gave up in disgust as it has had more than one attempt and keeps failing and am now installing the x64 flavour. Will see how that goes.

Any ideas what it is ?

This is the text:
    15063.2.rs2_release_svc_d.170531-1743 (UUP-CTv2)

:)

Mooly, Jun 1, 2017

2. Removing or keeping x86 version

Hi Enrico,

To ensure that all the programs on your Surface Book Pro will work properly, we recommend that you keep everything that has been installed.

Best regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 1, 2017
  3. Removing or keeping x86 version

On my Surface Book Pro with Windows 10 I have the following software installed:

• IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x86,
    • IIS Express Application Compatibility Database for x64;
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable,
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable;
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86,
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x64;
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Manager Objects,
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Manager Objects (x64).
    Question: Do I need both, or could I remove the x86?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Enrico Ulivieri, Jun 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

One thought- complete the installation without updates. Then create a disk image, then try the updates.

If still problems, two other things to research:
    a. 0x800b0109
    [Solved] Windows Update error - 0x800B0109
    (extremely old) - BITS

b. Some update files aren't signed correctly.

dalchina, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks *Smile

I offered to do this for a friend and expected zero problems tbh. That was around 6 attempts back. You know me and updates... I've got the Tshirt for that one.

I did an update of the basic install but I have to go online to pick up the graphics driver (I know I could hunt and download it I guess).

I'm part way through the x64 install install now, and I have to go out as well. Lol, its been one of those days.

Oh, and the weather app isn't working on some of the installs.

I wonder if its worth creating a new USB install media.

Mooly, Jun 1, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Sounds like you were lucky it didn't install....

A note about the unintentional release of builds today

Bree, Jun 1, 2017
  7. Mooly Win User
    Thanks Bree. That kind of explains a lot *Smile Grrrrr. A day wasted trying to sort this out.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange Feature Update keeps appearing in x86 version. - Similar Threads - Strange Feature Update

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 keeps failing: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2Status: Installing - 61% <== stuck hereFeature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 6Last failed install attempt on ‎9/‎13/‎2021 - 0x800704c7Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 16Last failed install attempt on ‎8/‎8/‎2021 -...
  3. Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon keeps appearing on taskbar: Hi, Just recently an icon keeps appearing on my taskbar, it's only there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. Can you tell me what it is? [ATTACH] Thanks...
  4. Strange Icon Appearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Icon Appearing: Hello, Recently I am seeing the icon appearing on my desktop when logging on after a restart/shutdown or period of inactivity, and I have never seen this before, does the community here know what it means, and more importantly how I can make it stop appearing. The icon...
  5. Strange hotkey feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange hotkey feature?: Whenever I am playing Games, my WASD keys sometimes become non functional in-game and will instead open different features. W opens some whiteboard/pen option, S opens settings, A opens notifications, etc. This is really annoying, as I have no idea how I turn it on (I imagine...
  6. Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 keeps installing

Feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 keeps installing: I’ve just got a new laptop, a huawei matebook x pro. Under windows updates it keeps saying i have the feature update 1909 to install. I install it, it runs up to 100%, says “pending install” then starts again from 0%. anyone know why and how to fix it?...
  7. Strange pixels appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange pixels appear: Hello, these pixels started appearing while I have no idea what they are! I tried updating graphics drivers but they appeared no matter. Help me, please! [ATTACH]...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 Keeps Failing: I cannot seem to get this patch 1803 going. It either stuck at 0% forever, or keeps failing upon reaching 100%. I even downloaded the direct installer and tried with the mediacreation tool direct exe installer, as well as running upgrade install dvd bootup. Both brings me to...
  9. Features update version 1809

Features update version 1809: I have tried to install 7 times. The error :Error 0xca020001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/features-update-version-1809/05a63b67-be2a-4070-b573-1d07b3583bf3
  10. Feature Update To 1803 Version

Feature Update To 1803 Version: Hi! I am Windows 10 Pro Education user and my current version is 1607.I can`t update to 1803 although update assistant download the latest version but it can`t istall After a restart windows shows that "WORKING ON UPDATES" but when it completed then it shows that "RESTORING...