Windows 10: strange files

Discus and support strange files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4uzindian, Jan 21, 2018.

1. 4uzindian Win User

strange files

I get strange files in doc folder and c; folder.soon as I delete them they show up again. could this be ransome ware.i have cyber reason ransomware installed it popped up when I deleted these files.

:)

4uzindian, Jan 21, 2018

2. Strange files

Hello Chao,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, we'd like to clarify if you've downloaded any files before the albumart JPG file appeared.

If you're not comfortable seeing the files, you can hide it by following these steps:

• Right-click on the file, and select Properties.
    • Click General Tab.
    • Under Attributes, select Hidden and click
      OK

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 21, 2018
  3. ChaoMi Win User
    Strange files

Today, I open my laptop and found these albumart JPG files appeared. How does this happen? Can you help me to hide these file? Should I just delete them?

strange files [​IMG]

Thanks

Chao

ChaoMi, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

strange files

Eagle51, Jan 21, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Telling us what the files would help it may give us a clue to the source

Samuria, Jan 21, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Assuming it's Cybereason - which sounds likely, but needs evidence as above- you're seeing the extra folders 'cos you have 'Show hidden foldes ON' - turn i t off, and the problem won't be there. There's a reason they are hidden... Don't show... is the default.

strange files [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 22, 2018
  7. 4uzindian Win User
    to eagle 51 . what you said makes clear sense of this.i'll leave them there.i don't know how to copy and paste from documents folder to quick reply. just so you could see the names.....besides this cyberreason should have told me they were going to put these files in . to dalchina I went to folder options and cliked don't show hidden folders.those two folders not there in documents folder now.but I click on c: folder and theres two strange folders.i open them and crazy names I guess it's cyberreason planting false files . like eagle 51 said it's just doing it's job. other than this my computer is working just fine.make a reply i'm listing.thank you.

4uzindian, Jan 22, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

strange files

I found that Cybereason doesn't clean those up properly if you uninstall it. Recently I've also found it crashing repeatedly -nothing apparent in normal usage - but Reliability History showed it crashing multiple times a day. I plan to report that having uninstalled it for now.

dalchina, Jan 22, 2018
  9. 4uzindian Win User
    thanks for your replys. i'm closing this post now.thank you

4uzindian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

strange files

1. strange files - Similar Threads - strange files

2. Strange file trying to access internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange file trying to access internet: Hi all,I'm using windows 11 and TinyWall as a firewall, I get all blocket except the files I need to use internet.But today I noticed this strang file trying to connect the internet, I searched in that directory but it isnt there anymore. Does anyone know if its a system...
  3. Strange file trying to access internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange file trying to access internet: Hi all,I'm using windows 11 and TinyWall as a firewall, I get all blocket except the files I need to use internet.But today I noticed this strang file trying to connect the internet, I searched in that directory but it isnt there anymore. Does anyone know if its a system...
  4. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  5. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...
  6. Hundreds maybe thousands of strange files suddenly appeared on a portable hard drive, how...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hundreds maybe thousands of strange files suddenly appeared on a portable hard drive, how...: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3693 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0Processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHzRAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI have searched online for hours...
  7. Hundreds maybe thousands of strange files suddenly appeared on a portable hard drive, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hundreds maybe thousands of strange files suddenly appeared on a portable hard drive, how...: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3693 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0Processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHzRAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI have searched online for hours...
  8. Hundreds maybe thousands of strange files suddenly appeared on a portable hard drive, how...

9. I used WizTree and saw a strange no named and no extension file that takes 60 gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used WizTree and saw a strange no named and no extension file that takes 60 gb: So here are screenshots of it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-used-wiztree-and-saw-a-strange-no-named-and-no/ed687b99-501a-46e4-a628-00176d7d72a5
  10. I used WizTree and saw a strange no named and no extension file that takes 60 gb

I used WizTree and saw a strange no named and no extension file that takes 60 gb: So here are screenshots of it: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-used-wiztree-and-saw-a-strange-no-named-and-no/ed687b99-501a-46e4-a628-00176d7d72a5