Windows 10: Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser

Discus and support Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 recently I opened the Edge browser and I saw this strange font. When I right clicked to inspect the element it says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scotty77, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Scotty77 Win User

Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser

After installing Windows 10 recently I opened the Edge browser and I saw this strange font. When I right clicked to inspect the element it says it should be Arial but it is obviously not. It is the same on Bing and Yahoo search pages as well as some other pages but does not affect all web pages. Google chrome and Firefox browsers are unaffected. As I am new to Windows 10 and Edge I do not know where to look to fix this. Searching the internet has not helped me find an answer. Help would be appreciated. I am HP AMD desktop and had Windows 7 previously.

Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser [​IMG]

:)

Scotty77, Aug 9, 2015
  2. hsleviant Win User

Microsoft Edge won't display "Arial" and sans-serif font.

Update to my post:

I copied all of the Arial font family files from my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 TP to my machine with the Edge font issue. Nine TT font files in total. I deleted the Arial Narrow fonts from the problem machine (4 files, leaving 5 behind), and then
    copied the new set to the problem machine. It asked on the installed fonts if I wanted to install anyway and overwrote the 5 still there. The narrow set also copied in. After a restart, the issue is gone.

I have only have a few extra fonts installed, the most recent of which is not a TT font at all (Futura PT Light). Don't know why Arial seems to be the victim of this corruption issue (if that is what it is) and why it hits Edge but not other browsers.
    Perhaps Arial is so ubiquitous that it is showing up first, or perhaps it is the issue from the other thread here about how the different coding labels for different machines creates a registry issue. But if it were a registry issue, why doesn't it hit other
    browsers? Strange issue, but Edge is still getting the kinks worked out. Looks a lot better now though.

hsleviant, Aug 9, 2015
  3. DiHemy Win User
    Windows 10 fonts are blurry and hard to read

Strangely, the fonts are fine on the Microsoft Edge browser. But on Firefox, which is the browser I usually use, the fonts are thin and blurry - hard to read. Ditto Outlook 2013 and Skype.

Is anyone at Microsoft listening? I am not interested in being told to try all sorts of technical things, which according to other posts in this thread do not work anyway. I want my Windows 10 restored to the condition it was in before this latest 'upgrade'.

DiHemy, Aug 9, 2015
  4. myuption Win User

Is there a fix for this? Today the font changed without a reason.

myuption, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Same issue with me, but the font it changed to is different.

JoeMaynard, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I would try running sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that repairs/replaces any of the font files and corrects the problem.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser - Similar Threads - Strange font using

2. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  3. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Windows Font Issue: Hello Mircosoft team, when I press <Windows-Key> and type for app search the font suddenly changes from Segoe UI to some serif font. Please see screenshot attached > but only partially?What can I do? Kind regards, Conrad...
  4. Strange Windows Font Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  6. Strange font in the browser with Windows?

Strange font in the browser with Windows?: Hey, I have since an order at "StickerApp" a strange font on many websites. Among others PayPal and eBay. But on the other hand the font is normal again. (The problem occurs in every browser). The question now is how do I solve the problem? I've already tried it:...
  7. Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10

Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10: I have two computers with Windows 10 installed (one an upgrade from Windows 7, the other an original Windows 10 installation) A new project requires the following OpenType fonts in TheSerifBlack font family: TheSerifBlack-Caps TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic...
  8. installed font affected browser

in Browsers and Email
    installed font affected browser: I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work. 22506
  9. Change the font used in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the font used in Edge: Hi Edge on my system appears to be using Times Roman as the default font is there anyway I can change this as it is not particularly readable on my system. I've played around with the settings that are available under Reading but it hasn't helped. As a second question...
  10. Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install: Hi, I have this horrible problem, whenever I double click on a ttf or otf font file (not installed one) I get the error "...is not a valid font file". I have read around these forums and inet in general, and people is solving this activating Windows Firewall or updating...