Windows 10: Strange HDD sound after new SSD

Discus and support Strange HDD sound after new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys. As i say yesterday i buy and use as main disk my new SSD. The old HDD have it for back up (music,images). From yesterday and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Thanos92 Win User

Strange HDD sound after new SSD

Hello guys.

As i say yesterday i buy and use as main disk my new SSD.

The old HDD have it for back up (music,images).

From yesterday and now the HDD sometimes do it a big sound like loading something.And then stop it and
    the pc its very quiet like normal mode.

Any help ? Thanks.

:)

Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Weray Win User

Install W10 to new SSD

Hello,

I'm going to buy a new SSD. I have already activated the Windows 10 in my current pc which have a HDD. How can I move Windows 10 to the new SSD or clean install. I'm not going to use my older HDD because it is going to broken(gives some strange sounds).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Weray, Oct 10, 2016
  3. SVG_72 Win User
    Opening settings via search zone

Thank you for your answer.

I did all the 4 commands but it doesn't help.

Even after reboot.

I have a SSD and a HDD together. If i disconnect the HDD, i don't have the problem.

If the SSD and HDD are connected, the problem happens unless the pc goes to hibernate and wake up, then the problem disappear... strange...

I checked the boot sequence with bcdedit and both the boot manager and boat loader are well on the SSD.

What did i miss ?

SVG_72, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

It may be still indexing the 'old' HDD as Windows will think it's a 'new' drive with a new drive letter. Type indexing in the search box to go to the Indexing Options. This will tell you if indexing is complete, or if it is still indexing.

5. Thanos92 Win User
    When i seartch for indexing nothing show me.

Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Ah, it's probably still indexing your new SSD system drive too. *Smile

You can also go to Control Panel - All Control Panel Items and click Indexing Options.

7. Thanos92 Win User
    Ok i found it from Control Panel and tell me this

Strange HDD sound after new SSD [​IMG]

Now what i need to do it ? And tell me please..The windows not work complete ?

And why i cant use all the items from my old HDD drive ?

Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

I have indexing disabled for my system. I am also running the OS from SSD.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 10, 2016
  9. Thanos92 Win User
    Yes but my problem is the sound from HDD (?)

If you have HDD old can u use all your items?

Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Try completely disabling indexing (for all drives) to check if the sound goes away.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 10, 2016
  11. Thanos92 Win User
    Can u tell me how can i do it this ?

Thanks.

Thanos92, Oct 10, 2016
  12. Thanos92 Win User
    Please any help about the strange sound from HDD ?

Thanos92, Oct 11, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

One other possibility.
    In Advance settings for your power plan, turn off sleep for disks, set it on never. It may be going to off mode and when accessed (any drive) it wakes up and goes thru it's POST routine when it checks itself all over again.

CountMike, Oct 11, 2016
  14. Thanos92 Win User
    Can u see me with pics step by step because i cant find this ?

Only fount this

Strange HDD sound after new SSD [​IMG]

Thanos92, Oct 11, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    You are at the right place, just click on down arrow until you get to 0 (zero).

CountMike, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Strange HDD sound after new SSD - Similar Threads - Strange HDD sound

2. BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD: I Have A HP Laptop And Recently I Installed A New SSD On My Laptop And The Proccess I Did Was By Replacing The HDD With SSD And Putting The HDD In A Caddy And I Installed The Windows 11 On SSD With My HDD Removed And After Everything Was Set In My SSD I Installed The HDD...
  3. BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error After Installing New SSD In Place Of HDD: I Have A HP Laptop And Recently I Installed A New SSD On My Laptop And The Proccess I Did Was By Replacing The HDD With SSD And Putting The HDD In A Caddy And I Installed The Windows 11 On SSD With My HDD Removed And After Everything Was Set In My SSD I Installed The HDD...
  4. Changing to New System Reserved After Cloning HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing to New System Reserved After Cloning HDD to SSD: I used MiniTool Partition Wizard to clone an old HDD to an SSD. Both are plugged in via SATA. Everything seemed to go well, however, when I hit F12 and try to boot into the SSD, a "j" appears and nothing happens. After googling it, it seems that I need to use the diskpart...
  5. Freezing after change HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing after change HDD to SSD: Dear Admin/Moderator My desktop is Lenovo Q190 with intel i3, 4GB RAM. I changed internal HDD with SSD (Hikvision SSD 120GB). I make 2 partitions : 1st. 93GB and 2nd.13GB. I Installed clean Windows 10 Pro ver.1093. It was running well for an hour, suddenly Freezing and...
  6. New PC with SSD and HDD setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC with SSD and HDD setup: I'm having issues completing my environment setup on my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer. As mentioned in the subject line, my PC has both an SSD and HDD. The operating system (Windows 10 Pro) is on the SSD as Drive C. The HDD is 2tb and I plan to use this for my user data....
  7. New pc build ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New pc build ssd and hdd: Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new...
  8. After migrating from HDD to SSD hardware acting strangely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After migrating from HDD to SSD hardware acting strangely: Hi, I finally saved some money so I bought Kingston A400 240 GB SSD. I installed fresh install of Windows 10 and installed all drivers as usual. But a lot of thing started behaving strangely. Problems with Win10 not being able to recognise SSD is sort of figured out, the...
  9. hdd to ssd on new computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdd to ssd on new computer: Hi yes im going to buy 2 1tb samsung evo 850 to replace my 1tb hdd know my pc comes with 240gb ssd already what i want to do is unplug both and swap them out for the 1 tb evo 850 and then just completely install windows on one of them and have one on back up is this method...
  10. Can't start off new SSD after cloned from HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't start off new SSD after cloned from HDD: I bought a new Samsung 250gb 850 evo SSD, and installed it. I do not have a Windows 10 install disk, so I just cloned it from my old HDD to the new SSD. Now I can't start up my computer with that SSD. The error it states says: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert...