Windows 10: Strange IE 11 & Outlook 2016 - cant open pdf or jpg within either prog

Discus and support Strange IE 11 & Outlook 2016 - cant open pdf or jpg within either prog in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've recently encountered a real odd issue. In IE11 if I try to open a pdf file form a link I get an error message. If I try to open a JPG in Outlook... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by idainc, Sep 16, 2016.

1. idainc Win User

Strange IE 11 & Outlook 2016 - cant open pdf or jpg within either prog

I've recently encountered a real odd issue. In IE11 if I try to open a pdf file form a link I get an error message. If I try to open a JPG in Outlook 2016 I get the exact same error message :

Strange IE 11 & Outlook 2016 - cant open pdf or jpg within either prog [​IMG]

For the IE issue substitute PDF an din Outlook substitute JPG. Spent an hour and a half with MS on the phone with no success.

Any idea what is going on ?

:)

idainc, Sep 16, 2016

2. Not able to upload files in Yammer with IE 11 Version : 11.0.9600.18059

Hi,

when am opening the yammer in IE 11,Version : 11.0.9600.18059 and when I am trying to upload (JPG,Excel,Word,Pdf) is coming cant able to attached the file.

Note:

But Interesting i am able to upload the file with other version of IE 11 and IE 10

Is It problem with IE 11 Version : 11.0.9600.18059 ?????

Rajesh kumarPradhan, Sep 16, 2016
  3. IE 11 MAIL opens email without asking for email address & password,,,just withoin last week

If I open HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK by starting with
    opening a new IE 11session,

the email opens automatically without asking for the email & password.

But

if I then close email by signing out correctly, and then try to open email again
    within that same IE session,
    HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK email will not open automatically ---- I get the standard email & password request window.

SUMMARY

So it seems that if I go to email from a
    new IE session, the mail opens automatically.

But if I sign out of that email and later try to open email again within that same IE session, then I will be asked for the email & password to get in.

This just started to happen about a week ago when I started having auto complete problems.

I’ve shut off all auto complete and the problem persists.

I am working on a new HP Pavilion, with Windows 10 and IE 11.
    Everything is on automatic update.

TomColangelo, Sep 16, 2016
  4. bfunke Win User

Do you have Acrobat Reader installed?

bfunke, Sep 16, 2016
  5. idainc Win User
    Acrobat Pro X. So yes and its enabled as an add on.

idainc, Sep 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    There have been changes for Adobe not being allowed to run in the browsers and Outlook, because there has been a long ongoing security issue that Adobe will not fix on Acrobat. Check the Handlers in Outlook to see if it is showing that either the embedded PDF viewer for Windows 10 is enable in both Outlook and default programs.

Try Fox-it and see if it works. The basic viewer that comes with Windows 10 is sufficient enough for viewing. If it is an attachment in emails, it can be a malware file if you do not know the sender or the sender sends you an infected file and Windows is doing its job to protect your machine from possible malware infection.

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
  7. idainc Win User
    Checked Outlook handlers and all seems OK. I can right click and save to desktop both PDF links as well as JPG images, Very odd problem as it cant find the temp file in IE yet I'm in Outlook ?

idainc, Sep 16, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Internet Explorer is the basis for everything that deals with File Explorer and when the OS is looking for the file you want to load and run or look at. Try resetting Internet Options from the Control Panel. Also you may want to run Farbar's GrantPerms and Service Scanner to see if that fixes anything. Publisher page for Farbar

The other is check Macro settings for Office and if you are using any kind of Security Software, that can cause issues.

bro67, Sep 17, 2016
  9. idainc Win User
    Thanks. Hasn't helped.

idainc, Sep 17, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    Then it is a problem with Windows 10 or third party Security Software.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
  11. idainc Win User
    Managed to repair the PDF viewing in IE11. There was a preference setting in Acrobat that had changed and I returned it back to normal. However, same issue exists in outlook 2016 opening a jpg within it.

idainc, Sep 18, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    2016 has been a PITA for everyone. Macro settings has usually been an issue when the handlers do not work. Same as if you are using any kind of third party security software.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange IE 11 & Outlook 2016 - cant open pdf or jpg within either prog - Similar Threads - Strange Outlook 2016

2. windows 11 pdf to jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pdf to jpg: On Windows 11, how can I convert a PDF to a JPG? I'm trying to do this without paying for a new app.Thank you, Kim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pdf-to-jpg/80ca4dcb-53f2-4e5d-a41c-730f5941db3c
  3. windows 11 pdf to jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 pdf to jpg: On Windows 11, how can I convert a PDF to a JPG? I'm trying to do this without paying for a new app.Thank you, Kim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pdf-to-jpg/80ca4dcb-53f2-4e5d-a41c-730f5941db3c
  4. corrupt jpg file. cant open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt jpg file. cant open: Hi team, I have transferred photos and videos from my phone to laptop.. I cannot open them and jpg is corrupt i think.. jpg size is shown as16gb.....
  5. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE: How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser-set-to-ff-but-outlook-2016-desktop/6528c721-0c8f-4dcd-83bb-889e2786b3b4
  6. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  7. Outlook 2016 opening URL links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 opening URL links: Dear fellow members I hope you can help with an issue that I am facing at my work. I work in the IT department and all of the users are facing an annoying issue within the office applications specifically Outlook 2016. Whenever someone receives a mail with a URL link...
  8. Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016: When starting Outlook 2016, a User Account Control dialog comes up asking for permission to "allow this app to make changes". Clicking OK, causes an immediate crash to desktop and "Outlook has stopped working" message. Starting a second time brings up a dialog "do you want...
  9. IE 11 does not open

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 does not open: I have been using windows 10 home for a few months now but have not needed Ie 11, so have not tried to open. I now do need this browser. when I click on the icon it does not open. I get the spinning blue circle but then this goes away with no browser. Please note that I have...
  10. Outlook 2016 - Microsoft Print to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - Microsoft Print to PDF: When I try to use the Microsoft Print to PDF function on Outlook I get the message 'Printer not Ready' yet I can can print to any other printer from Outlook and I can print to the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from other applications. Anyone know why Outlook 2016 is having...