Windows 10: Strange IP using my internet (add info)

Discus and support Strange IP using my internet (add info) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am always monitoring my internet usage on QoS so I can play online without my family messing around my ping. : D But since today I've seen a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renk23, Jun 13, 2017.

1. renk23 Win User

Strange IP using my internet (add info)

I am always monitoring my internet usage on QoS so I can play online without my family messing around my ping. : D

But since today I've seen a very strange IP using my connection: 40.4.4.49
    In the Connected Devices Map only shows my PC.My PC is on cable, so I deactivated the wifi but this IP continues to use the network.

My IP distribution: 192.168.1.30 - 192.168.1.80

And there are also numbers and letters that have never been on IPv6

Networks driver up to date.

What can it be?

Additional Information:

So it seems like this IP is me!

My IP on modem is: 192.168.1.30

With only my PC connected on the Net, when I'm browsing I have data usage on both IPs: 192.168.1.30 and 40.4.4.49
    If I use all my band, that is of 8Mbps (800kbp/s) making a download in the Windows Store, the use of data divides between the two IPs, always reaching the maximum, sometimes more in one than in the other.
    Task Manager shows maximum network usage: 7.9 mbps (790kbps)

If I watch a video on YT, download some torrent on full speed, or even do a speed test on speedtest.net all the data usage stays with 192.168.1.30

In Idle is the same use it was before.

One more thing, this morning my Windows 10 install some updates, I don't know if this is the consequence of this update.

P.S. Sorry my bad english

:)

renk23, Jun 13, 2017

2. Nokia c5-03 Wifi internet connectivity problem..

I Want to share my laptop internet with Nokia c5-03.So i install virtual router on laptop(win 7) and made setting on it.

than i started nokia wlan it detects laptop wifi... and connected ... But internet not working... Because nokia does not generating IP ADDRESS .How to make nokia to generate IP Add. so it connect to internet? ANy other Solution..

Or virtual router not getting IP Add. of nokia..

I tried It with Android mobile It generates IP ADDress Automatically and connected to internet easily.. All nokia Have Problems..

I had share internet with Wifi in my latpop

Given SSID and Password in virtual router

Mahabharat1, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Azmeh Win User
    Mobile hotspot is not working in Windows 10 after anniversary update

Using the device that you're trying to connect, try manage network settings and add change the IP settings to Static then add an IP address of your choice.

That fixed the IP problem but it did not fix the internet sharing problem

I also tried deleting the reg file.. and that didn't work ether.

Azmeh, Jun 13, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Eli Lily owns that IP. A simple search would show you. As for the IP for that device on your network, that depends on if you are running a VPN or proxy at the time.

bro67, Jun 14, 2017
  5. renk23 Win User
    I'm not using VPN or Proxy.
    It started out of nowhere.

Do you have any idea what that might be?

renk23, Jun 14, 2017
  6. renk23 Win User
    So, I disable the IPv6 Protocol in the Network Settings and it seems that this IP is no longer using my bandwidth.
    Does anyone have any idea what this means? Will this affect my internet in any way?

renk23, Jun 14, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Go-to Google type what's my IP what do you get for your IP?

Samuria, Jun 14, 2017
  8. renk23 Win User

I think it's not safe to put my IP here, is it?

I don't know how it works in other countries, but here in Brazil every time I connect I get a different IP.

That site shows the same IP that show in my modem:
    177.xx.xxx.xxx

renk23, Jun 14, 2017
  9. renk23 Win User
    Now the 40.4.4.49 has returned.
    Is using my bandwidth even when I'm on Idle and my brother is using the wifi.

Wtf!

renk23, Jun 14, 2017
  10. Bastet Win User
    Here in the UK, Virginmedia have implemented free wifi via their Superhub 3, it broadcasts a wifi signal separate to the users wifi which other VM users can access, I'm wondering if your supplier in Brazil has done something similar.
    It also could be that your router has been hacked.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Strange IP using my internet (add info) - Similar Threads - Strange using internet

2. Strange IP address connected to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange IP address connected to my PC: I checked netstat and there was a weird IP from Texas that was connected to my pc. Ive been told that that is a hacker's IP thats connected to my pc but im not sure, any answers?...
  3. Strange IP address connected to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange IP address connected to my PC: I checked netstat and there was a weird IP from Texas that was connected to my pc. Ive been told that that is a hacker's IP thats connected to my pc but im not sure, any answers?...
  4. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  5. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  6. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. add company info to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    add company info to desktop: Every once in awhile I will stop at businesses and see, either in the left or lower right hand corner of company computer desktops, companies names, there address, phone number, email address, etc., displayed. I just recently started a new company and would like to use the...
  8. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  9. Add IP Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add IP Printer: Hell Y'all. I hope someone can help me. I am trying to add a Xerox network printer. Have gone through the normal add printer process and via IP. The printer does not show up under printers but is listed under unspecified. I can not click on or right click on. if I mouse over...
  10. Strange IP Behaviour

Strange IP Behaviour: I live in Kolkata and use a Wishnet Unlimited Plan from my LCO - Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta for the past few days whenever I try to access a few sites, I have to pass the cloudflare security check " One more step Please complete the...