Windows 10: Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...

Discus and support Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this day just couldn't be better, I don't even know what's going on anymore, and apparently neither does my Google search world. The best way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard...

So this day just couldn't be better, I don't even know what's going on anymore, and apparently neither does my Google search world. The best way to describe what's somehow going on is this "Gggggggggggggg," key spam effect that happens when I simply press a key once. It started when I'm logging in to my desktop with my pin pretty much locking itself out after only pressing the first digit. And this isn't just a single sticky key no, this is what makes it weird. It's a selective spam key effect, as in all I need to do is press a key like once or twice (the response time here dropped dramatically, despite everything else running fine.) The key spam would correspond to the "desired," key pressed (eventually.) Troubleshooting the keyboard revealed the issue of "USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0" error, recommending me to plug it into another port 2.0 or whatever. Only that doesn't fix the issue either. (Either that or magically all my USB ports became 3.0.) It makes even less sense when considering it worked all fine and dandy for I'd say nearly a year up until right now, (not to mention I apparently can't locate anyone selling "USB 3.0 keyboards," so doesn't that put me in between a rock and a hard place.) It's not like I have anything better to do anyway, but sit and stare at a screen I can't put input into now...
    Seriously what is going on. What is this Ill begotten crap that I have to deal with.

:)

SotoPrior, Oct 16, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Oct 16, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Oct 16, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

it sounds like you have a stuck key on the keyboard. Turn the keyboard upside down and shake it then blow it out with a can of compressed air. Removing any crumbs and dust.
    If that fails, try a different keyboard. You can also use the OnScreen Keyboard, if it does it on a different keyboard, then you have a Windows issue.

spunk, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Strange issue With "Held" keys on Keyboard... - Similar Threads - Strange issue Held

2. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  3. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  4. Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding": Over the past couple of days both my mouse, touchpad on my computer and keyboard on my laptop have been having issues "holding buttons". Neither my mouse or touch pad will drag and hold anything without dropping the target early. For example, if I try to highlight text it...
  5. Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange issue with mouse/touchpad and keyboard, keys/clicks not "holding": Over the past couple of days both my mouse, touchpad on my computer and keyboard on my laptop have been having issues "holding buttons". Neither my mouse or touch pad will drag and hold anything without dropping the target early. For example, if I try to highlight text it...
  6. Strange keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange keyboard issue: Hi all,Have an LG laptop and am also using a MS wireless keyboard and mouse non Bluetooth, uses a USB transceiver - the Wireless Desktop 900.Sometimes, the wireless USB keyboard stops working in part the mouse is not affected. The keyboard doesn't "fully" stop working though...
  7. Strange Login Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Login Keyboard Issue: Not sure where I should post this but I'm really confused. Earlier I restarted to update Windows10 and it got stuck at 90% for around 2 hours. I reluctantly restarted my computer during the update. When it booted up everything was fine after it said it was reverting the...
  8. Strange keyboard layout issue

Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  9. Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down

Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down: Windows (1903) now thinks that a key is being held down, even when there's no keyboard connected. At first it was the "k" key, and now the "s" key. This has rendered this PC pretty much unusable, and reformatting isn't an option as this is my gaming PC with a crap ton of...
  10. Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard: I am having an issue where the left click on my mouse does not work while I hold down a key on my keyboard. I have looked through all the settings and cannot figure out a solution. 31889