Windows 10: Strange issue with pdf's and Chrome on Surface Pro 3...

Discus and support Strange issue with pdf's and Chrome on Surface Pro 3... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a very strange issue that seems to me to be some kind of bad interaction between W10, Google Chrome, and pdf files, and possibly Surface Pro 3.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by OppfinnarJocke, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Strange issue with pdf's and Chrome on Surface Pro 3...

I have a very strange issue that seems to me to be some kind of bad interaction between W10, Google Chrome, and pdf files, and possibly Surface Pro 3.

I have set Chrome as my default pdf viewer (following the instructions here http://techdows.com/2015/08/how-to-c...indows-10.html). Now, Chrome works fine when accessing a pdf through a web link, the pdf shows just fine in Chrome (for example any of these pdf test - Google Search).

However, for pdf's that are downloaded to my HD, Chrome just makes a copy of the file in the download folder, just as if it had re-downloaded the file. The pdf is not displayed. And this happens whether I double click a pdf in explorer, a pdf attachment in my email client, or a pdf listed by Chrome among the recent downloads at the bottom of Chrome's window.

This is W10x64 on a Surface Pro 3, and it works the same whether in tablet mode or not. On two other machines (Dell and Asus laptops) I have this working just fine, the issue is only on the Surface Pro 3 machine.

Does anyone know what to do to get Chrome to display local pdf's?
    All ideas are welcome.

:)

OppfinnarJocke, Jun 30, 2016
  2. barukia Win User

Surface pro 3 pen wont write on PDF documents

OMG YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER

That is exactly what I did.

Write on PDF

Write in PDF

Write on PDF with Surface Pro 3 Pen

Write in PDF with Surface Pro 3 Pen

Adobe Reader App

barukia, Jun 30, 2016
  3. CmOneto Win User
    Sketchup freezes when using select tool since KB4015217

I have the same problem with my new surface pro i7 and the surface book 2 i7. but the strange thing is that with my old surface pro 3 sketchup works perfectly fine.

CmOneto, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Strange issue with pdf's and Chrome on Surface Pro 3...

1. Strange issue with pdf's and Chrome on Surface Pro 3... - Similar Threads - Strange issue pdf's

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  5. Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue

Surface 3 Pro Type Cover issue: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  6. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Windows 10 and Surface Pro 3 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Surface Pro 3 issues: Hi there Any SP3 users out there yet -- I read this on the W8 Forums about problems on the SP3 after installing W10 on it. Surface Pro 3 will not boot from USB Anybody daring enough to have tried build 9879 on an SP3 yet (not as a VM). Cheers jimbo 3153
  10. Surface pro 3 issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface pro 3 issue: Hello guys, I am runing windows 10 build 9926 on SP3 with all the updates. Beside the fact that the on screen keyboard is kinda buggy, i've noticed a big bug where you sometimes put the tablet to sleep [power button] and it wont come back up but is still runing. It...