Windows 10: Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only

Discus and support Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Epub app Book bazaar now wont turn pages using the left and right arrows on the keyboard after the 1803 update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled BB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spottydog10, May 27, 2018.

1. Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only

The Epub app Book bazaar now wont turn pages using the left and right arrows on the keyboard after the 1803 update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled BB to no avail. If I rollback to the previous win version it works again.
    I've updated and reinstalled different versions of the hid/keyboard drivers and the Symantec touchpad with no joy. It's only a small issue but I would like a solution if any one has any ideas to suggest?

Thanks,
    Mike

HP G3 250 Laptop, i3, 12GB, 120Gb SSD

:)

spottydog10, May 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 29, 2018
  3. Strange behaviour on log in with windows 10

Hi,

You could face this issue due to corrupt our outdated Keyboard Driver. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Press Windows key + W and type
    troubleshooting

b) Select Troubleshooting.

c) Select View all on the top left corner.

d) Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Move to next method if you still face this issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a) Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager

b) Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the Keyboard driver and select
    Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturers website.

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only

1. Strange Keyboard behaviour in one app only - Similar Threads - Strange Keyboard behaviour

2. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard: Hi everybody,I've bought a new Microsoft Keyboard last year and at first it worked like a charm, but now it shows some strange behaviour.The keyboard disconnects and reconnects on typing several keywords like `install`....
  3. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard: Hi everybody,I've bought a new Microsoft Keyboard last year and at first it worked like a charm, but now it shows some strange behaviour.The keyboard disconnects and reconnects on typing several keywords like `install`....
  4. Strange behaviour of Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Question about strange keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about strange keyboard behaviour: Hi all, I have had a Razer Blade Stealth 13 2020 (UK Keyboard) for a couple of months now and I'm seeing a bizarre behaviour that I'm looking into. When I open Chrome on my machine for the first time after a restart and start typing anything in the omni-bar, the first key...
  6. Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Mouse and Keyboard Behaviour Recently...: Every now and then I get the noise that something has been 'plugged in' I guess, after several instances of this happening, my keyboard and mouse (both USB) completely turn off robbing me of any kind of input on my PC forcing me to shut down manually. It's worth noting I...
  7. Strange behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behaviour: I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a very strange thing happening with my computer. My monitor will just all of a sudden go black, then a message saying "no signal". My computer does no power down or restart, but at the same time I can do nothing with...
  8. Skype's strange behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype's strange behaviour: Win 10 Pro now ver 1909 build 18363.720 I have used Skype over different OS and got the latest version when I installed 10 over a year ago. It didn't work well as an App, so I adopted the Desktop version when prompted a few months later. Since then it has been working OK but...
  9. Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange apps and behaviour with Windows 10: I'm not the best with the english language but I'll try my best to explain whats happening. Since december (last year) I've been noticed some strange things with my Windows in general and, also, some bizarre activations... The biggest doubt: is my Windows 10 being hacked...
  10. Strange signin behaviour

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange signin behaviour: I changed my Windows signin to a 4 digit login, which works fine.... today i I noticed there were two signin options for my user account , exactly the same name, plus one other I have for a family member. i chose one of ' my' accounts and it asked for a password, I tried...