Windows 10: Strange look after cutoff...

Discus and support Strange look after cutoff... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; last night I shut down the pc cause of the thunderstorm. This morning after it rebooted the display looks very strange: every looks really big but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by REDSHIFT1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. REDSHIFT1 Win User

Strange look after cutoff...

last night I shut down the pc cause of the thunderstorm. This morning after it rebooted the display looks very strange: every looks really big but "squeezed". One thing easily noticed is that the wallpaper's left side seems to have vanished. As if the image is now too large for the screen.

How do I return it to previous look?

:)

REDSHIFT1, Apr 6, 2016
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Fonts look strange after update - See image; I don't know how to describe it

Hi Cheryl,

During the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, your display driver could have been changed. Usually, a device like a video card requires a software driver for the operating system to recognize it. We recommend that you install the appropriate driver for
    your display adapter to work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Display adapters tree to expand.
    • Look for the name of the display adapter, right-click then select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, look for the Roll Back Driver
      button, and click on it.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Fonts look strange after update - See image; I don't know how to describe it

I updated to the Fall Creator Update today. Since the update, the fonts on my computer (across all programs) look funny. My only guess about what's going on is that the way the computer (or monitor? or graphics card? I dunno...) is processing the pixels
    that make up the letters have changed... now it's blurring / smudging / combining the pixels in a strange way. I'm including a screenshot to show the letters.

I use Window's Magnifier feature, so this change is particularly noticeable for me. No, it was not like this before the update. The letters would look slightly pixelated, but not wavy like this.

Has their been a feature change in the way fonts are displayed? Is there any way to go back to the old way?

Strange look after cutoff... [​IMG]

Moved fromStrange look after cutoff... :(Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

Cherylweb27, Apr 6, 2016
  4. Strange look after cutoff...

Have you looked in
    Settings
    System
    Display
    Then Landscape
    Make sure it is set to 100% recommended
    See if that cures your problem
    Or Start button
    Control Panel
    Display
    There you can calibrate all your settings

hTconeM9user, Apr 6, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Do a system restore. Pick 2 or 3 days ago as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 6, 2016
  6. bookfox Win User
    ^^ They're correct of course, though I would personally reinstall the video card driver. I've had that same issue happen with clients.

bookfox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Strange look after cutoff...

1. Strange look after cutoff... - Similar Threads - Strange cutoff

2. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  3. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behavior related to Create a Pin: Windows 10Today, when booted up, one of our computers presented us with a full screen message to create a new pin. The message screen looked somewhat like the picture in the article already here, but not exactly. I wasn't present for the whole process, so I can't swear to the...
  4. Strange behavior related to Create a Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Strange user folder names Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  6. Strange user folder names Windows 11

Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  7. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  8. Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.

Very strange problems related to my touchpad on my laptop.: So the problems that are occurring don't actually have anything to do with my touchpad despite my question title. Honestly I just had no idea how to describe my question otherwise. The reason I know this doesn't have to do with my touchpad is, I tried using a mouse and turned...
  9. Strange character in Word copy/paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange character in Word copy/paste: Can anyone tell me what the circle character is in the example above? It is NOT the "degree" character. It is only visible when showing formatting symbols. It looks like a space otherwise, but it does not act like a space. For example, Beautiful, 42nd in the above example...
  10. Strange character in Word copy/paste

Strange character in Word copy/paste: Can anyone tell me what the circle character is in the example above? It is NOT the "degree" character. It is only visible when showing formatting symbols. It looks like a space otherwise, but it does not act like a space. For example, Beautiful, 42nd in the above example...