Windows 10: Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?

Discus and support Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I got this message. I found it a bit strange. Is it real or fake?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jostein Moe, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?

Hi,

I got this message. I found it a bit strange. Is it real or fake?

:)

Jostein Moe, Aug 7, 2018

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

As you can see the forum software in Microsoft Community automatically removes email addresses for privacy reasons from posts etc.

So without seeing the content of that email, it is not possible to say anything about it....

In general: Do hover (do NOT click) over any links in that "suspicious" email. If it leads to non Microsoft sites, it is definitely a phishing email. In that case please just delete that email.

Please do read:

Jsssssssss, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Eerde Win User
    keep getting messages from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

NOKIA stop this madness with the messages from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** !!

Many people get 30 to 50 messages per day !

But there is no way to stop it;

I changes setting on the ovi website to no messages

I cancelled *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as emailaddress on my N900.

STOP

Idiots...

Eerde, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?

Nokia Messaging - Removing cached email addresses

Hi, I have a small issue with Nokia Messaging Email on my E71. When I compose a new email and start to type a name, it brings up a list of previously used email addresses.

The problem I have is that the one at the top of the list when I spell a particular persons name is an incorrect address. Below this one are two valid addresses. If I am not very careful then I can select the incorrect address at the top of the list as
    this is the default selected result. Once the address is selected then there is not an easy way to immediately see that you have selected the wrong address as the "to" field holds the alias or "freindly" name rather than the full email address. This friendly
    name is the same for both the good and the bad email address.

e.g. I type "fred"

I get

Bad>>>Fred Flintstone <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

All valid>>>Fred Flintstone <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

Alfred Bloggs <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

John Frederick <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

I need a way to remove unwanted cached addresses from this list but I can't see a way. These addreses are not related to my contacts on the phone and I have tried clearing the browser cache

Cheers,

Paul

smipx013---01, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing?

1. Strange message from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, is this spam/pishing? - Similar Threads - Strange message ***

2. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  3. Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello,I've received a couple of Security Alert from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and saying that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account lo***** Email address is removed for privacy *** and ask me to recover account. The problem is, the email...
  4. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Update windws 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/-/3213dc9b-3249-4291-9a16-69ebec695685
  5. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: who is he??? he reacted to my mess to! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/-/2996613c-dd5e-47e7-96e4-895a4a6b5c8f
  6. Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** "

Email from " *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ": Hi,I received a mail from the abovementioned address with no subject. I am quoting the message below." 1 You can meet with anyone in a 1:1 call and speak up to 24 hours for free. For a group call more than two people, you can meet with up to 100 participants and...
  7. email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

email from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi, I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and wanted to know if this is a legitimate microsoft email. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/email-from/ac0e0d24-3bdd-473a-948f-77c75c7984c4
  8. Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent Mail has strange From address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hi. Using Windows 10 Mail but has recently started to send emails with strange From addess. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I managed amazingly! to track this address down under the Sync email settings under outlook.live.com I have made sure it is NOT the...
  9. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: I need to change my email address with Microsoft, Where do I go to do this? Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/-/142abdae-c559-4405-8146-1afe5220f182
  10. Strange spam email address

Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...