Windows 10: Strange message on black screen (screen lock?)

Discus and support Strange message on black screen (screen lock?) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Neither McAfee nor Windows Defender find a virus but whenever my screen lock comes on, I get the following strange message: "There are no pictures in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ken Lichtsinn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Strange message on black screen (screen lock?)

Neither McAfee nor Windows Defender find a virus but whenever my screen lock comes on, I get the following strange message: "There are no pictures in Libraries\Pictures". I can't make a screen print because as soon as I touch any key, the message disappears. The message is in very small type and it migrates very slowly across the screen. Does my computer need an exorcist ?

:)

Ken Lichtsinn, Feb 12, 2018
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Strange black screen

It could be a bad device driver. To see if that's the problem, you can try starting up in Safe Mode. Here's how:

1. Start your computer but don't log in.

2. Click the power button in the bottom right, hold down the shift key, and then click
    Restart.

3. Your computer will restart to a light blue screen with 3 options. Select the Troubleshoot option.

4. Click Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart

5. When your computer restarts, press 5.

6. Log in to your account and see if the problem still happens.

If your desktop works, the problem is driver-related and we can fix it by installing the latest drivers for your video device.

aakkam22, Feb 12, 2018
  3. Strange black screen

So i was just logging on to my pc as normal. everything was working fine. after i logged in though i just got a black screen. i could see my mouse on screen but nothing else. anyome know of a fix?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HendrixWoodward, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Strange message on black screen (screen lock?)

Hey Ken,
    Sounds like you're using a Lock Screen Slideshow and the folder it points to is empty. You can change the folder the Lock Screen Slideshow is pointing to or change the Background to Windows Spotlight or Picture. You can find out by going to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen

Eagle51, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

Strange message on black screen (screen lock?)

1. Strange message on black screen (screen lock?) - Similar Threads - Strange message black

2. strange locked down windows screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange locked down windows screen: I logged into my computer today and it would not log on. It instead gave me an all blue background screen with the official "windows" logo that stated:" your computer has been locked down due to a Trojan virus. " followed by a list of warnings like : "all your info is at...
  3. strange locked down windows screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange locked down windows screen: I logged into my computer today and it would not log on. It instead gave me an all blue background screen with the official "windows" logo that stated:" your computer has been locked down due to a Trojan virus. " followed by a list of warnings like : "all your info is at...
  4. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  5. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  6. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Strange bluescreen after black screen?

Strange bluescreen after black screen?: Hi I was just rendering a video and all of a sudden I have a black screen in 6 bluescreens together what was that https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/komischer-bluescreen-nach-schwarzen-bildschirm
  8. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1909 on my PC x64. I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete....
  9. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  10. Message on lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message on lock screen: Hello. I recently went to open my laptop up and found a strange message on my lock screen. In a green square was a message which read something like 'see what's going on irl' and also had a circle with a 1 in it, next to which it said something about Mail. I run regular...