Windows 10: Strange monitor flaw

Discus and support Strange monitor flaw in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is a minor quirk I've lived with for years on my XP PC but it's become worse in Win 10. My Ilyama Prolite E2403WS 24" monitor is set to its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Terrypin, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

Strange monitor flaw

This is a minor quirk I've lived with for years on my XP PC but it's become worse in Win 10.

My Ilyama Prolite E2403WS 24" monitor is set to its recommended resolution of 1920 x 1200, and naturally that's supposed to be located at (0,0). But in XP it was always at (-4,-4) and its size was 1928 x 1208. In Win 10 it's at (-8,-8) and size is 1936 x 1216.

Any thoughts on the undelying cause please? And - although I'm very doubtful after my research - a possible cure?

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Jul 1, 2016
  2. rufao Win User

mini-SD desappeared in 6280 when i put a password for protection

strange they havent admitted it is flawed to anyone else isnt it?

rufao, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Vijay_a Win User
    E72 V31.023 firmware-BUG in Adobe Reader LE 2.50

Funny !! Dont agree with you...how can a firmware update be accepted by Nokia if an app has a flaw??? Strange ?

Vijay_a, Jul 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Strange monitor flaw

Sometimes display manufacturers provide driver files for the monitor settings required by their monitors. Have you looked into this and manually added the files for your Prolite E2403WS?

philc43, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks, I'll explore that.

Terrypin, Jul 11, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Make a Custom Resolution a bit smaller than std so it is std size perhaps on you monitor , (1912 x 1192 ?)

you should also be able to move the display output ,with the monitor controls so 0,0 is in the correct place.

fairly easy to do in Nvidia Control panel if you have a Nvidia Card

And yes I always load the INF for my monitor to be sure Windows has the correct info.

Kbird, Jul 11, 2016
  7. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks. No graphics card in this PC, it uses the i7's own GPU. Monitor does not have any adjustment as far as I can tell.

Terrypin, Jul 11, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Strange monitor flaw

It's an older monitor but it still had Auto Adjust and if that don't work it also has horizontal and vertical adjustment as well as geometry according to the Manual (see bottom of page) on page 14/30 in the PDF

iiyama - ProLite E2403WS-1

Not sure if the Intel Graphics option can do Custom Resolutions

Kbird, Jul 12, 2016
  9. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks Kbird, that looks promising. I thought I'd thoroughly scoured the manual but clearly not. I've never found it intuitive when making adjustments, but I'll make a concerted effort this time.

Terrypin, Jul 12, 2016
  10. Terrypin Win User
    Ah, I remember now. It's been some years since I attempted to adjust it but unfortunately the relevant options are greyed out of the menu:

Strange monitor flaw [​IMG]

--------------------

BTW, with apologies for digressing, did you see my recent post about the 'fade-out' of folder titles? Do you think that's down to the monitor getting a bit old?
    Folder titles disappear
    --

Terrypin, Jul 12, 2016
  11. Kbird Win User
    Since you were on XP were you using a VGA cable ? (called D-SUB too) try a HDMI cable if possible too , which may require manual selection of the input in that menu too

or Visa Versa (above) as I am wondering if your input signal is causing the menu items lose....

not didn't see other post but I used a Windows 10 theme for a while called Aerolite till I got used to it too

Kbird, Jul 12, 2016
  12. Terrypin Win User
    No, it's using an HDMI cable.

I'll try that theme. I want something as close to the classic old look as possible.

Terrypin, Jul 12, 2016
  13. Kbird Win User

Strange monitor flaw

Then I would try the VGA cable ,since there is no DVI apparently and see if you get access to those menus , there is more info on page 20 too. I guess your new comp may not have VGA though ? mine doesn't.

you maybe able to use a Custom Res. software instead though.

Aerolite works pretty good and does have a more Classic Feel to it.

Kbird, Jul 12, 2016
  14. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks. No VGA on this i7 either.

Guess I'll live with it until I get a new monitor, hardly life threatening.

P.S: Any recommendations for a monitor that will let me keep my 1920 x 1200 res please? How much larger do you reckon it could be before I'd notice significant drop in sharpness ? A few extra inches would be nice.

--

Terrypin, Jul 12, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    I just got a BenQ BL3200PT 32" which is very nice , but you might want to consider a dedicated graphics card 1st especially since it looks like you have a nice modern system there. I am using a Nvidia gtx 970 , yu might want to look 2nd hand as Nvidia has released a new 10 series so a lot of people are upgrading....

BenQ BL3200PT Review - PC Monitors

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Strange monitor flaw

1. Strange monitor flaw - Similar Threads - Strange monitor flaw

2. Strange display on my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange display on my monitor: I have a Vizio 4K TV as my monitor. It is plugged into my NVidia RTX 2070 video card via HDMI. I used to have 2 displays only one of them was an actual monitor.Anyway, since I removed the other display, the actual 27" monitor, I have been having a strange issue on my Vizio 4K...
  3. Strange display on my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange display on my monitor: I have a Vizio 4K TV as my monitor. It is plugged into my NVidia RTX 2070 video card via HDMI. I used to have 2 displays only one of them was an actual monitor.Anyway, since I removed the other display, the actual 27" monitor, I have been having a strange issue on my Vizio 4K...
  4. Strange display on my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  6. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  7. Strange problem with monitors following reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange problem with monitors following reboot: Environment - Dell 8920 with Windows 10 1903 installed, latest quality update is 2020-02. Ethernet connected and all of the USB ports are in use for storage, keyboard, mouse and label maker. Problem - Following a reboot nothing is displayed on either of the monitors attached...
  8. Authenticator flaw.

Authenticator flaw.: Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was them and another from someone behind them). It got them very worried and this should be a very clear feature if you...
  9. Strange Monitor Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange Monitor Sleep Issue: I've been having a strange sleep issue with my monitor on one of my systems. It's currently running 14946 and this problem has been happening since I first installed Windows 10, around the end of may on this new kit. The computer is an Intel NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - Skull...
  10. Strange, flawed, frequent, standby behavior after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange, flawed, frequent, standby behavior after update: After update to 1607 anniversary 3 days ago my laptop started doing standby after a minute of no activity. I had to login and heard the drive spinning up. That's pretty hard on the drive i would think. I confirmed that they retained my previous power setting, which...