Windows 10: strange name of the user folder

Discus and support strange name of the user folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi By the install i give this as e-mail nothing stragen so fare. After install when i look in the user folder directory he have created a folder... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by glda19, Oct 23, 2015.

1. glda19 Win User

strange name of the user folder

hi
    By the install i give this as e-mail nothing stragen so fare.

After install when i look in the user folder directory he have created a folder whit arthu and not arthur why ?

:)

glda19, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Change the name of the user folder in File Explorer but that option does not seem to be available on

Hi Vicki,

Seems your having issues with renaming the user folder. To help you out with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps given by
    Greg Carmarck posted on this
    link.
    It deals with how you can change the user folder name.

Do update us with the results or if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Oct 23, 2015
  3. VickiD73 Win User
    Change the name of the user folder in File Explorer but that option does not seem to be available on

Since my MS acct never used the name it seems to have chosen, 1) where did it get this, and 2) this does not answer my question as to how to change it.

VickiD73, Oct 23, 2015
  4. strange name of the user folder

Win 10 uses the first 5 characters of your email address as the user folder name, unfortunately there's no reliable way to change it without making a new account.

fracking4oil, Oct 23, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep. I learned that one the hard way. Now I create a local account first which creates the folder with the same username under Users. Then convert it to a Microsoft login.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

strange name of the user folder

1. strange name of the user folder - Similar Threads - strange name user

2. Strange user folder names Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  3. Strange user folder names Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  4. User Folder Strange Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  5. User Folder Strange Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Folder Strange Icons: Hey guys last week I reboot my laptop after one there is two Icons starting shows up my user folder and they are empty nothing in it I'm deleting these two folder every time but when i shut down or restart the pc they will came back how can i delete ? them or anyone know...
  6. Strange name in folder under USER

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange name in folder under USER: My account is under my name, but I often try to get the user name The Mage, or TheMage if I can, or many derivatives.I do not see this anywhere on anything listed on my Microsoft accounts, but if it was, it would be TheMage.Trying to change my name just gives my real name. Is...
  7. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  8. User folder name...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...
  9. Strange & Unknown User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange & Unknown User Name: When I start up the computer, I get presented with this message "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again." Below that is an "OK" button. The user name displayed is "morga" -- my last name is "morgan". So when I click "OK" it clears off the message, and I get a...
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...